How are your New Year's resolutions going?

Annalou

Posted

Hey guys!

Just wanted to check in and see how all the promises you made to yourself are going. For me, it's going terribly! My 'one night of drinking a week' lasted all of... one week. :persevere: Are you guys doing any better? Our new photo challenge is all about sharing and caring about your fails, so thought I'd share mine! It's self-flagellation time... 

Posted
I've had flu and a lung infection since Christmas, so all my resolutions have gone down the pan 😂😂😂
Posted
Mine isn't a fail, just yet. Expanding on the lingerie side, alus comes in handy.
Posted
You lasted a week,go you 😂.Stopped making resolutions years ago;No point I never stick to them 😁
Posted

I didn't make any. Try to continue doing what gives good results and stop doing the opposite. 

Posted
I havent made mine yet. I prefer to have a man make them for me!! So much easier to stick to that way.
Posted

I set targets rather than resolutions and on paper they've made no progress, but in reality maybe they are... lots of seeds being sown here and there.   

Posted

I gave up on setting resolutions a long time ago as for me they only lead to disappointment. Now I try to set myself a realistic goal each day to achieve.  I am totally stoked at the end of the week when I can see all that I have achieved when I may  have not done otherwise had I not set that goal. 

Posted
I was reading this with a gin glass full of wine.... Whoops
Posted

Mines going well no coke cola since new years day as I said no more full sugar coke cola for me. I was getting  addicted to it.

An I'm mskein myself go to the dentist hate it but I'm putting my health b4 others so dentist it I'd. An iv started crafting again must finish 3 projects of for my mom by 12vfeb omg 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Integrity is vitally important to me. It isnt just about being honest. It means being strong. It means holding true to oneself. But I change as a person from day-to-day, year-to-year. Im not the same man as I was yesterday. Thats integrity too if the change is growth, improvement, to better ourselves, and not fall back on the old self, the old ways.

A New Years resolution isnt just a promise we make to ourselves, there's also a ritual involved. That ritual is like drawing a proverbial line in the sand and never crossing it again. 

Damn. How do I describe this 'ritual'? I'll offer some examples. Some actors, I have read, after they finished filming a movie, burned the costumes of the characters they portrayed to eliminate the remnant of the character that had become a part of themselves. Angelina Houston did this. 

Another ritual which is very old testament was the sacrifice of a lamb. It wasn't just the sin that was transferred to the lamb to be sacrificed, it was the nature of the sin, the desire of the sin was 'placed' upon the lamb. And then it was destroyed.

These rituals more profoundly establish the resolve to cease a habit or behavior or emotional weakness by making us witness for ourselves the ties being cut.

I remember doing things like this for myself. The time I was hiking the PCT for 3 months. 3 months away from people, society. The perfection of nature has a way of making me feel imperfect. And I felt .. well, I felt baggage hanging onto me. I was down to the basics - food, clothing, shelter. But I'd hike the trail and be thinking about hamburgers and soda. And I dont need that. So, I sit down by the water and place those gluttonous thoughts and desires onto a piece of wood and watch it float off downstream. Wave bye. And that was a small ritual that gave me strength.

I still do these little things from time to time. I gather some baggage into my mouth and spit into toilet paper and flush it. It works .. more often than not.

Posted

Knowing how it usually goes, I made one to have fun everyday. Its going insanely good now lol.

Posted

I made an implicit one which is to embrace the fact that I am submissive. As with many things I do in life, the results seem to come in reverse, where I have been confronted with the emotional impact of a relationship that ended a few moths ago. In a twisted way, the emotional intensity of a TPE relationship has made me more convinced that this is the correct way. Of course, the T in TPE needs to be defined individually. More hope than despair at this time, not least due to support received from within the community.

Posted

one of my targets was to film 100 clips, 40 of which for my store.  Currently stand at 9 and 2. A reasonable start.  Next film day in 2 weeks.