First time subdrop ?

Newsub03

Posted

So I engaged in a scene over the weekend for the first time. Nothing super intense, it was an inspection by my top. While it was going on I felt amazing, loved, relaxed and taken care of.  Now I'm on my own and swinging from tired, to sad, to agitated. Is this normal? I was under the impression that subspace and subsequently sub drop only happened with intense prolonged play. 

Posted

the cruellest thing about subdrop is it doesn't have to follow a pattern.  Anything which releases endorphins can cause a crash when taken away.

I did public speaking the other week and had a massive crash afterwards. 

Posted

Thanks. He lives a plane ride away and him being here over the weekend was amazing. I swear just being near him is a drug sometimes.

Posted

I think similar got touched on on another thread - but yes, if you don't get to see each other too often this can also heighten things like adrenaline which causes a drop also. 

Posted

Any suggestions on how to get outta this funky mood or is it just wait it out?

Posted

Hi, Newsub03:  You're suffering major withdrawal from the Big Four: dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and endorphins.  Hope the following helps...

Dopamine motivates us to take action toward goals, desires, and needs, and gives a surge of reinforcing pleasure when achieving them. Procrastination, self-doubt, and lack of enthusiasm are linked with low levels of dopamine. So set a small goal - maybe go for a walk and go further than you usually walk; shop at a new store; tackle your 'stuff to do' pile..pick a goal and achieve it.

Serotonin flows when you feel significant or important. Loneliness and depression appears when serotonin is absent. If you need a serotonin boost, take a few moments to reflect on past achievements and victories. Have lunch or coffee outside and expose yourself to the sun for 20 minutes; our skin absorbs UV rays, which promotes vitamin D and serotonin production.

Oxytocin creates intimacy, trust, and builds healthy relationships. It's released by men and women during orgasm. Often referred to as the cuddle hormone, a simple way to keep oxytocin flowing is to give someone a hug. When someone receives a gift, their oxytocin levels can rise. Give yourself a gift of time, a restaurant dinner, buy a bunch of flowers for your home...

Endorphins are released in response to *** and stress and help to alleviate anxiety and depression. Along with regular exercise, laughter is one of the easiest ways to induce endorphin release. The smell of vanilla and lavender has been linked with the production of endorphins. Studies have shown that dark chocolate and spicy foods can lead the brain to release endorphins.  Put on a funny DVD and have a wadge of dark chocolate, or burn lavender or vanilla incense.

Good luck.

Posted

Hope you're feeling better by now. Sub drop is hard and it doesnt just happen with impact play. Anything that puts a sub in subspace can trigger the release of those hormones that Vandalslut has mentioned. It's a surge of intense feelings, like a drug. And the comedown can be horrible.
Self care is important. Rest, drink lots of water, have a lovely bath, go for a nice walk, talk to people who make you smile. It passes.
Hope you're ok.

Posted

Mswhiterose, I am doing much better. Thank you