Disabled and BDSM

Posted

I have now found out due to having stenosis big the spine and being in *** 24/7 I wondered if any one had views on being a sub or Dom and being disabled 

Posted (edited)

I am a sub and have many health issues, my spine being one of them amongst other things and I am now classified as permanently disabled.......I try to not let my health define me however sadly there are some out there that do define me by it.....I have just recently written a thread in the forum called "Do not limit me....." regarding this issue.

Having health issues and being disabled is never fun,  but if you know what you can and can't do and your partner whether it be a Dom or Sub understands your limitations,  I believe you can still enjoy a healthy kinky life style.  You just need to make sure you are both open and honest in your communications. 

Over the years I have learnt to be very inventive with positions and the like,  anything repetitious will often set off my arthritis,  so as long as things are changed up frequently,  I can handle it.

I think anything is possible when you are disabled you just need to find a way that works best for you.

Edited by PixieDust
typo
Posted

I think like anything it's working with what you've got.   The elements that make up a good Dominant or good submissive (or just good person) are not restricted by disability.

Posted

I've got Vestibular Migraine and probably Meniere's Disease. Doesn't matter. I don't hide it. It doesn't stop me from being a Domme. But it can make things a bit more interesting. Say for instance when I have a sub chained up outside. And I forget they're there. Oops. But seriously, it doesn't stop me from being who I am. If anything, it does make me a bit more vicious and it has completely destroyed my BS tolerance.

Posted
21 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think like anything it's working with what you've got.   The elements that make up a good Dominant or good submissive (or just good person) are not restricted by disability.

As usual, Mr Black Sheep, absolutely spot-on. 95% of what makes kink kinky is what goes on in your head, not what goes on in your erogenous zones. So unless you’re severely mentally disabled, I don’t see any reason why disability should limit kinky activity. I’ve played with people with severe physical disabilities in the past and had an amazing time. As you said, it’s about working with what you can do, not moaning about what you can’t do.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

well said Pixie, knowledge tis the key and adapting is the solution. As Ian Dury sang, hit me with a rhythm stick and he was disabled too ;)

• 1 year later...
UnderwaterSnorkelCat
Posted

Does anyone know someone who is wheelchair bound and into bondage? I'm writing a short story and I wanted to do some research!