Mental illness and bdsm

Du****

Posted

I only have around 6 years of BDSM experience. I mainly focus on the the***utic nature of BDSM when it is used to help with mental illness coping. I am a Switch daddy who loves knife play especially to help self harmers control their harming urges. If anyone is curious on what I have done or would like to explore the different subsets of BDSM that could help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Posted

Well, I often self-harm out of self-hate. As a punishment. It has to be violent and with hateful intentions.

Posted

BDSM can be truly the***utic. I actually use impact as a way to combat self harm. It's my release of control but somehow reminds me how much control I have in those situations.

Posted

I have done it cuz if bullying and i need help and i enjoy bdsm

Posted

How much knowledge / how educated are you on mental illness and the***utic release in general? (Not meant as an accusation, I am merely inquiring out of curiosity)

Posted

Zeph. I only have 3 years of college experience directly looking at BDSM as a therapy use. I don't consider myself an expert and only like to talk to people and figure out what things they want to try and explore. I don't play with other people for therapy use. I leave the play up to the person because I do not feel qualified enough to be that person

Posted

So, I'm quite curious. How does one manages self-harming through BDSM?

Note that mine isn't to release ***, but to hurt and punish.

Posted
On 3/14/2020 at 8:31 PM, SidoraxVonCreep said:

I believe it's possible. I had a relationship that worked at this level a few years ago, where I was the sub trying to overcome some very negative behaviours and mental health issues. 

Domination by the right person can work to modify all sorts of behaviours and motivate positive change. I'm proof of that. 

Posted
On 3/14/2020 at 8:31 PM, SidoraxVonCreep said:

You would have to completely trust someone and hand over control of the punishments to them. But they would punish you when you need it, as long as you communicated with them fully about how you felt and explained why you needed it. They wouldn't need to be physically present to punish you. You could still administer your own self-harm, but it would be under their control. If they said no, you'd have to comply with that. 

The relationship would have to be one of complete submission and trust. Over time, it would be possible to alter the frequency or intensity of the punishments/harm, and even to give it up completely. 

It's possible. 

If you felt willing to release some of that control... 

Posted
1 hour ago, MsWhiteRose said:

You would have to completely trust someone and hand over control of the punishments to them. But they would punish you when you need it, as long as you communicated with them fully about how you felt and explained why you needed it. They wouldn't need to be physically present to punish you. You could still administer your own self-harm, but it would be under their control. If they said no, you'd have to comply with that. 

The relationship would have to be one of complete submission and trust. Over time, it would be possible to alter the frequency or intensity of the punishments/harm, and even to give it up completely. 

It's possible. 

If you felt willing to release some of that control... 

Well, being a control freak with very low trust in anyone, it would be really hard for me. Also, finding a partner who will be interested in my mental issues is another challenge.

Posted

This sounds helpful for someone like me 😔

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
LoneWolfSeth
Posted

In my case it seems to be at times the loss of intrest in myself and thinking that there is no one for me

pocketcamera
Posted

Actually the concept of using BDSM as a way to manage or even treat mental issues has been around a long time. In the day of the internet Virtual Places had a nice gorean area that had quite a few submissives who used it as a safety net.

For some reason I personally knew, and knew of submissives with things like ptsd and other low level problems that were basically unable to take care of themselves, essentially being 5 years old when left on their own. But when they had a structured life as presented as having the rules of a Dom to follow they were quite functional