Wise Quotes

St****

Posted

Everyone has a few wise quotes that they either live by or admire.  Could be a quote from a famous person, a not-so-famous person or one you invented.

Mine are:

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."  -Maya Angelou

"People are like tea bags; you never know how strong they'll be until they're in hot water."  -Rita Mae Brown

Posted

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Khalil Gibran.

Posted

"I have something to say!! It's better to burn out than to fade away."

Kurgen

Highlander

Posted

From Addison' s play Cato, but likely goes further back: "He who hesitates is lost."

And similarly also my dad (vis a vis cakes): "if yer no' fast, yer last " 😂

Posted

"Those in the world, who think that they know everything, are very annoying to those of us that do!"---Cap'n Facetious

Posted

“You live to learn but when you have learned you are too old to live” and my favourite quote you a famous person is “watch him he will have someone’s eye out” Harold at the battle of Hastings

Posted

" Questions you cannot answer are better for you than answers you cannot question".- Y.N.Harari...

"Laws n taxes are like a spider's web...they will always trap the poor & the weak.....

but the rich & powerful will always break through them "....paraphrased from some old greek Dude😜🙏

Posted

Some ancient Persian leader....don't know who... asked his wise men to come up with and answer that was both always true and wise when he met other dignitaries. They come up with......"And this too shall pass"...... reflecting the ephemeral and temporary nature of the human condition.

Posted
18 minutes ago, VoyagerX said:

Some ancient Persian leader....don't know who... asked his wise men to come up with and answer that was both always true and wise when he met other dignitaries. They come up with......"And this too shall pass"...... reflecting the ephemeral and temporary nature of the human condition.

One of my favourites!!! 🔥🔥🔥

Posted

"Having lost sight of the objective, we redoubled our efforts."

- Mark Twain

Posted

I’ve always liked; the sum of the parts equal more than the whole. More of a formula than a quote but very relevant in any relationship don’t you think?

Posted

“The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or a lack of verbal interest is just a fucking lunatic.”

- Stephen Fry

Posted

Listen carefully I have something to say.
It’s better to burnout than fade away.

Posted

Mine is, Love, Loyalty and Respect. AKA LL&R. Cos without one the other two are useless

Posted

"I didn't say it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it"

I remind myself of this often, so much so I'm getting it inked on my arm!

Posted

"I can't go back to yesterday,I was a different person then.... " lewis carroll.(Alice in wonderland)

Posted

"I pointed out to you the moon, the stars; but all you saw was the tip of my finger."

African Proverb.

Posted

My quote is "live for today, for tomorrow never comes". 

Not sure where I heard it.

Posted

"Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another."

Homer

The iliad

Posted
2 hours ago, METALSIR said:

"Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another."

Homer

The iliad

Hope the il lad gets better 

Posted
6 hours ago, Willow75 said:

Hope the il lad gets better 

he did, his snake bitten foot was healed so he could fight at Troy, couldn't resist that one bad joke deserves another

the theme was later developed by Sophocles in his play Philoctetes where Achilles' son expresses the same sentiments, the play examines the concept of whether we can always live by the principle "Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another."

Posted

That which does not kill me makes me stronger

To crush your enemies, to ride their horses, to see their hot *** on the ground and to hear the lamentation of their women

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kymi said:

That which does not kill me makes me stronger

To crush your enemies, to ride their horses, to see their hot *** on the ground and to hear the lamentation of their women

CONAN THE BARBARIAN!!!!!!

although he puts it 

"To crush your enemies and drive their children before you and to hear the lamentations of the women."

Edited by METALSIR
efit
Posted
7 minutes ago, METALSIR said:

CONAN THE BARBARIAN!!!!!!

although he puts it 

"To crush your enemies and drive their children before you and to hear the lamentations of the women."

yep,they nicked the quote from Genghis Khan who said the longer version.  

its my favourite film, love the scene where the princess is tied to a stone with her hands above her head, wishing I was the girl in scenes like this in the Conan comics is what got me into kink, and transgenderism