Are You a Experimentalist?

Ex****

Posted

What makes a good experimentalist?

Having lots of fantasies, experimentalists are never short of ideas to try out. Their imaginations are wild and unlike some kinksters who really just love one particular thing, experimentalists want to try outs lots of different scenes. They are great partners if you love variety. They tend to match up with other experimentalists because of their great desire for changing things up.

Posted

I pride myself on getting inside a subs head or at least I used to but I do not find it easy to do long distance, you really need to be in the subs head that is where their deepest darkest fantasies start long before they make there way into your toy box so always listen carefully pay attention and make notes it pays dividends in the long run.

Posted
23 hours ago, ThatsMrKinkster2U said:

What makes a good experimentalist?

Having lots of fantasies, experimentalists are never short of ideas to try out. Their imaginations are wild and unlike some kinksters who really just love one particular thing, experimentalists want to try outs lots of different scenes. They are great partners if you love variety. They tend to match up with other experimentalists because of their great desire for changing things up.

I knew a guy who was exactly this: a good experimentalist. He didn't define himself as any one thing and he genuinely wanted to try EVERYTHING. 

He was one of the kindest and most generous people I met in the world of kink. I suppose that's why he sticks in my mind. 

Because of this, he had lots of good connections. He'd built up a really good store of kink karma in the community, I guess. 

In the end, we didn't get to play together because my Dom at the time vetoed it. I was at that stage where I let him make those choices for me. I regretted that later. 

Posted

Having the imagination to go into the fetish universe with mind and body open to many possibilities . Speaking from personal experience I feel that I have had a fun time exploring many avenues . Some of those avenues I needed to be brave and hopefully my ***s would be conquered. I’m bi sexual switch so I’ve had scenarios that have given me a different perspective on what is achievable and pleasurable. As an artist I have always been curious about alternative ideas and I love to just let my spiritual energy find the way forward.

Posted

I never knew having an active imagination and the desire to act these scenes was considered to be an experimentalist. I just thought I was more in tune with who I was and what I wanted. Thank you for explaining

Posted

Great input everyone. I always felt a bit left out when trying to articulate my interests. I would get the 🙄 and the “if you’re not 24/7” or narrowly focused you’re “just a tourist”.

Adding another layer - it may be a control thing but taking someone’s fantasy and making it reality is a huge part of what excites me. Planning the details and setting up the play date is equal to or better than the physical encounter.

Posted

I relate to this
I feel like I want to try and do everything
I don’t want to feel limited or like put in a box.
I just love thinking of new things do try and do

...Variety is the spice of life after all! 😉

Posted
9 hours ago, KinkyLesbian said:

I relate to this
I feel like I want to try and do everything
I don’t want to feel limited or like put in a box.
I just love thinking of new things do try and do

...Variety is the spice of life after all! 😉

A genuine question: when you've done everything will you get bored?

I completely understand when you are new and you need to know what you like and what your limits are, however I do worry that a constant push for new things isn't sustainable.