Like I’ve been strung out to dry

Discarded

One too many times

Believing myself worthless

Lower than the dirt

This feeling made me unravel.

But how did I let this become me?

Posted

Good morning Unicorn. Avoid looking into a mirror when you feel like this! Mirrors are doorways and can be used as portals by negative energies.I read your profile and I see that you are sensitive . That sensitivity needs protection and you have to find coping strategies to defend your peace of mind. There is a lot of positivity written in your profile description and you have your music and poetry to focus on. I don’t know the reason for you feeling so rough but I can guess. The simple fact that you have had the guts to share your thoughts is your first step in your journey of returning to a happier place. 🙏

Posted
1 hour ago, Unicorn_30 said:

Staring

At the reflection in the mirror

Not recognizing the image before me

Who is this person?

Who have I become?

An emptiness behind my eyes

Is quickly hidden behind a smile

Almost numb, ill at ease

Like I’ve been strung out to dry

Discarded

One too many times

Believing myself worthless

Lower than the dirt

This feeling made me unravel.

But how did I let this become me?

Beautiful words my sweet Unicorn. They provoke such emotion in me. Your writing is indeed beauty personified xx please publish more

Posted

Before I even get to the poem, can I just say I am so excited you have finally posted some of your prose here and I know how scary that is doing it for the very first time, so sending big 🤗 🤗💗💗 for the courage in doing so.   I hope we will be privileged to read more of your prose  in the future. 

Thank you for sharing your words with us🙏 they  are so sad and evoke so many emotions that I think many can relate to on so many levels.  Sometimes it's hard to believe in yourself but you are never worthless and I hope in time you can see the true beauty you bestow both inside and out and how much you are worth to us all.  💗🧚‍♀️

Posted

I feel this very deeply, but you have put it into words beautifully.

Posted
On 3/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, Steve78 said:

Beautiful words my sweet Unicorn. They provoke such emotion in me. Your writing is indeed beauty personified xx please publish more

Thank you so much that means so much to me xx Your writing is amazing and your praise for mine makes me feel so happy. 

Posted
On 3/16/2021 at 9:32 AM, PixieDust said:

Before I even get to the poem, can I just say I am so excited you have finally posted some of your prose here and I know how scary that is doing it for the very first time, so sending big 🤗 🤗💗💗 for the courage in doing so.   I hope we will be privileged to read more of your prose  in the future. 

Thank you for sharing your words with us🙏 they  are so sad and evoke so many emotions that I think many can relate to on so many levels.  Sometimes it's hard to believe in yourself but you are never worthless and I hope in time you can see the true beauty you bestow both inside and out and how much you are worth to us all.  💗🧚‍♀️

Thank you PixieDust that’s really nice of you. I’m not that most courageous when it comes to posting things so that was definitely a first for me. Perhaps I’ll post more soon. Just got to summon the courage to do so. As for my self worth , I’m working on it. Thanks for all the lovely words of support it means a lot to me. 

Posted
On 3/16/2021 at 8:25 AM, TAROTT said:

Good morning Unicorn. Avoid looking into a mirror when you feel like this! Mirrors are doorways and can be used as portals by negative energies.I read your profile and I see that you are sensitive . That sensitivity needs protection and you have to find coping strategies to defend your peace of mind. There is a lot of positivity written in your profile description and you have your music and poetry to focus on. I don’t know the reason for you feeling so rough but I can guess. The simple fact that you have had the guts to share your thoughts is your first step in your journey of returning to a happier place. 🙏

Thanks for all your advice TAROTT and your kind words. They meant a lot to me. I never thought of looking in the mirror being a bad idea when I feel that low. I think I ought to take your advice and avoid it. I’ll just focus on writing instead. I am sensitive and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I guess one day I’ll find out how to protect my sensitive spirit. I’ve not figured out how yet lol. 

Posted
On 3/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, Morganna said:

I feel this very deeply, but you have put it into words beautifully.

Thank you, I’m really glad you liked it. 

Posted

I’m so sorry that you feel like this daily. It’s difficult but holding onto one positive thought is so so important. Sometimes it’s the only thing that gets me through the day. 

Posted

Thank you Unicorn for your reply. I know it’s a tough World to live in but we are here and just have to make the best of it.Being sensitive doesn’t mean we are weak in fact it’s a strength because we can show empathy for others and those people appreciate us giving our time and trouble helping them.Our eyes are open and we can see what really matters .It’s good to read that you are going to find some spiritual protection 🙏🌹

• 1 month later...
Posted
On 3/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, TAROTT said:

Thank you Unicorn for your reply. I know it’s a tough World to live in but we are here and just have to make the best of it.Being sensitive doesn’t mean we are weak in fact it’s a strength because we can show empathy for others and those people appreciate us giving our time and trouble helping them.Our eyes are open and we can see what really matters .It’s good to read that you are going to find some spiritual protection 🙏🌹

Sorry Tarott I meant to reply to this. I always thought the fact that I’m so sensitive was a weakness as I used to think it was a part of me I had to hide. I now realise there is absolutely no point trying to hide it as it’s just part of me. Also helps with writing I guess as I pour my emotions into my poetry. I suppose my sensitive nature must be good for something ! 

Posted

Unicorn-30 . I used to feel being hyper sensitive was a curse. Now I see it like a radar warning system that gives people like us an advantage because we are more aware than most. When it comes to relationships we give so much love and sensuality which intensifies closeness and affection. It’s not a weakness it’s a Power! I’m always happy to help you through rough thoughts 🙏❤️🙏

Posted

Been there myself. Deep inner soul searching, with the help online friends and real life I feel a calm composure, knowing my meaning in life those I touch and those that have touched my heart and soul x

Posted

magical-soul . I feel that you have come to the same conclusion and isn’t it great! The path is now visible and  we have direction and meaning after making some bad decisions. 🙏❤️

Posted

Stark and stunning. It is always a pleasure to read poetry, it surely is the most telling expression of one's inner most emotions. 

Thank you for sharing this glimpse into yours. So poignant and elegant in the simplicity of the language. It draws the reader straight in and connects you to them. 

I hope that by releasing these emotions you find much catharsis xxx

Posted

Thank you MadameMimiNix for your kind words ☺️ I’m really glad you liked it. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2021 at 9:05 PM, magical-soul said:

Been there myself. Deep inner soul searching, with the help online friends and real life I feel a calm composure, knowing my meaning in life those I touch and those that have touched my heart and soul x

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve also been there but happy that you now see your worth. I don’t think I’ll ever get to the calm composure. I wish I could but calm isn’t how I’d describe myself lol. I hope to get the point of peace but that isn’t there yet so I just keep trying. Maybe one day it will get easier. 

Edited by Deleted Member
Wording
Posted
11 hours ago, Unicorn_30 said:

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve also been there but happy that you now see your worth. I don’t think I’ll ever get to the calm composure. I wish I could but calm isn’t how I’d describe myself lol. I hope to get the point of peace but that isn’t there yet so I just keep trying. Maybe one day it will get easier. 

Does get easier, building the confidence within, realising that you can love yourself for you as others see you in a different light, they want to be your friend, they want to talk to you for a reason, you have to believe too x