Attraction to emotionally unavailable persons

Posted

Hey everybody, i noticed that when I'm emotionally distant I get much more attention from women and vice versa. The more i actually look for a relationship, the less i get closer to it. Anybody has the same experience and knows why that is?

Posted
2 hours ago, althatpressure said:

The more i actually look for a relationship, the less i get closer to it. Anybody has the same experience and knows why that is?

There's a couple of reasons.  

When you're actively looking for a relationship you might cold contact, or push for conversations/meets/dates/play whatever - which I'm not saying is bad, but, is often pushing someone into decisions with someone who is a relative stranger.

When you're not actively looking there's less pressure or urgency.  There's less pressure on yourself, you're not going into conversations going "is she the one?" and it often gives others time.   Passive connections do a lot of the groundwork for you.

Posted

Thank you for an interesting post. I like to think it works like this………. Some people call it fate , I prefer to think of it as a state of mind. When our minds are relaxed and contented we give off a peaceful aura and that aura is very attractive. When we are stressing about an issue or problem then we start to feel negative thoughts with anxiety to satisfy our emotions and desires etc. Think of the motion of the water in a river and the way it calms our human souls. Now think of the same river that has been turned into a torrent by a heavy storm. It’s no longer peaceful and no longer inviting. Relax your mind my friend and let that calmness do it’s job subconsciously and happiness will come and find you! 🙏

Posted

I know the feeling. I actually tried really hard to physically stay away from someone. When we got close physically I tried to stay detached from them emotionally. But then I realized that despite my best efforts I was still in love with them. When I confessed my feelings hoping they might accept them and feel the same, they didn't and they shut me out instead. I don't know why this happens. I just hate that it does. Why can't I just fall for guys that fall for me too? Makes life suck.

Posted

Awesome, thank you for the nice comments. Make so much sense actually