What “Friends” and “Networking” Means To People

Posted

Hi - I suppose I’m looking for input on what other people interpret the selections under “I’m here for,” specifically “Friends” and “Networking.” I’m a pretty shy person and even more so online. I’m not sure how I would fully define these meanings so I wanted to get the views of others. Admitingly, I’m worried I have the wrong idea or doing something wrong.

Posted

What I would take friends / networking to mean is...

"I am not necessarily looking for a hook-up, but it'd be nice to get to know others within the kink scene to share experiences and forge friendships or acquaintances" 

Usually those most seeking those are active in chat and forums to build passive connections. 

Posted

I have this on my profile, the reason is I am in a happy d/s relationship so I have no interest in finding another dom and I want to be transparent about that and not waste anyone's time.

What I want to find is people to talk to about kink as I don't have anyone in vanilla life to do that with. As I'm fairly new to kink I like to talk to other subs and find out what their experiences are and maybe get/ give advice. Also I plan on going to local events when they open so its good to find people going to the same events so it won't feel so awkward. 

Posted
4 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

What I would take friends / networking to mean is...

"I am not necessarily looking for a hook-up, but it'd be nice to get to know others within the kink scene to share experiences and forge friendships or acquaintances" 

Usually those most seeking those are active in chat and forums to build passive connections. 

Thank you.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sazzie0188 said:

I have this on my profile, the reason is I am in a happy d/s relationship so I have no interest in finding another dom and I want to be transparent about that and not waste anyone's time.

What I want to find is people to talk to about kink as I don't have anyone in vanilla life to do that with. As I'm fairly new to kink I like to talk to other subs and find out what their experiences are and maybe get/ give advice. Also I plan on going to local events when they open so its good to find people going to the same events so it won't feel so awkward. 

Thank you.

Posted

I'm here to learn, make friends in my kink community and swap notes with people who have interesting perspectives. As someone who's settled and happy with everything I have, that's my reason for those labels.