Favourites.

Je****

Posted (edited)

Okay so I've been on here a year now so I feel a bit dim asking this...

But what is the "favourites" section of this app for?

What does it do?

I have noticed in the 'points' section that says 'favourites    3' next to it. I am assuming this means someone has added me to their favourites? I only say or assume this, as I have never used the 'favourites' thing on here. I have noticed that *I* get points if someone adds me to 'favourites' and points removed if someone 'removed from favourites'.

So I guess the question is, what's the purpose of it? Why do people store people as favourites? I can't see who has added me as a favourite, yet if I have experimented and tried to add someone (from my friends list for instance), to the 'favourites' I am unable to. 

So why can't I add someone I am friendly with as a favourite yet I probably could a random person from the site? Is 'favourites' just like a friends list back up or something? Is there any way to see who adds you on the favourites list? I feel there should be as I find it creepy that people can add you like that anonymously, but I guess this is because I don't understand it's use?

Anyone have any advice?

Edited by JenniferTP
grammar
Posted
i add some people to favorites whom i don’t know well or at all, so woube too forward to send a friend request, but who seem interesting and/or post cool or interesting content. then i can go to my favorites list and see any updates T/they have made. for me the add as favorites option works.
Posted

I always thought it was kinda like a follow function, like when you see activity from friends, but instead you see what those you've favourited have been doing on site.  I'm not 100% sure myself, never really used it for that reason 🤷‍♀️

Posted

Unfortunately there is no way you can see which member has has added you to their favourites list.  Your only inkling that a member has added you, is that you will see 3 points added to your points tally when they add you and then a deduction of 3 points if that member removes you at a later stage.

If you have a friend already on your friends list, the system will not allow you to add them as a favourite also, it will only allow you to do one or the other.  Therefore if you were to remove one of your friends from your friends list,  once removed,  the system would then allow you to add them as a favourite instead.   

By adding a member as  a favourite it then allows you to follow the members content through your friends and favourites' newsfeed in a dedicated area instead of scanning through the main newsfeed which can often be pages long. 

Hope this helps 😊🧚‍♀️

Posted
4 hours ago, PixieDust said:

Unfortunately there is no way you can see which member has has added you to their favourites list.  Your only inkling that a member has added you, is that you will see 3 points added to your points tally when they add you and then a deduction of 3 points if that member removes you at a later stage.

If you have a friend already on your friends list, the system will not allow you to add them as a favourite also, it will only allow you to do one or the other.  Therefore if you were to remove one of your friends from your friends list,  once removed,  the system would then allow you to add them as a favourite instead.   

By adding a member as  a favourite it then allows you to follow the members content through your friends and favourites' newsfeed in a dedicated area instead of scanning through the main newsfeed which can often be pages long. 

Hope this helps 😊🧚‍♀️

Thats creepy as hell , being followed without knowing who's doing it so no control at all..and no way to find out, or stop people, that's gross..spanks already make me feel icky, this news really doesn't help..

Thanks Pixie, better to know..and thanks Jen for asking, kinda wish I didn't know though, genuinely feel nauseated.

Posted
55 minutes ago, MzJax said:

Thats creepy as hell , being followed without knowing who's doing it so no control at all..and no way to find out, or stop people, that's gross..spanks already make me feel icky, this news really doesn't help..

Thanks Pixie, better to know..and thanks Jen for asking, kinda wish I didn't know though, genuinely feel nauseated.

Im sorry its had that effect on you Jax. Wasn't the intent of the post. But it is one of the main reasons i asked the point. I get that point notification a lot so its a bit concerning to not be able to see whos following or favouriting me.. 

@PixieDust is there any way to disable this so people cannot follow my content in this way? 

Thanks 

Posted
20 minutes ago, JenniferTP said:

Im sorry its had that effect on you Jax. Wasn't the intent of the post. But it is one of the main reasons i asked the point. I get that point notification a lot so its a bit concerning to not be able to see whos following or favouriting me.. 

@PixieDust is there any way to disable this so people cannot follow my content in this way? 

Thanks 

I think it's because the penny has finally dropped re sock puppets..you block some creep, who just has to remember your screenname, then before you've even a chance to relax the same creeps back with a different name, watching you, appearing everywhere you are, stalking you basically and you've no way to stop them..makes a complete mockery of privacy settings too.

I've currently..and I know I'm not alone in this, got someone following me from site to site, just being there is enough to make me uncomfortable, but unless they break a specific rule here.. turns out I just have to put up with it..and better yet  they can follow me around incognito without me knowing..thats just plain wrong..no wonder so many women leave the site and don't feel safe.

Posted
8 minutes ago, MzJax said:

I think it's because the penny has finally dropped re sock puppets..you block some creep, who just has to remember your screenname, then before you've even a chance to relax the same creeps back with a different name, watching you, appearing everywhere you are, stalking you basically and you've no way to stop them..makes a complete mockery of privacy settings too.

I've currently..and I know I'm not alone in this, got someone following me from site to site, just being there is enough to make me uncomfortable, but unless they break a specific rule here.. turns out I just have to put up with it..and better yet  they can follow me around incognito without me knowing..thats just plain wrong..no wonder so many women leave the site and don't feel safe.

I don't feel unsafe but it doesn't give me the best feeling in the world to know this is a thing out of my control. I've had people harrass me a lot on here before, one did stalk me even off the site.. So I would have no idea if he ever came back or followed me, but the fact I get points for favourites so they can see my content can be flattering but also unsettling. It's no wonder I get the same people comment on my photos all the time. They must have this setting in use. I hope to god they find a way to disable this function (if one isn't already there, but I will check this) so I can feel a bit better, but if I do find a setting may I inform you Jax?

Posted
2 minutes ago, JenniferTP said:

I don't feel unsafe but it doesn't give me the best feeling in the world to know this is a thing out of my control. I've had people harrass me a lot on here before, one did stalk me even off the site.. So I would have no idea if he ever came back or followed me, but the fact I get points for favourites so they can see my content can be flattering but also unsettling. It's no wonder I get the same people comment on my photos all the time. They must have this setting in use. I hope to god they find a way to disable this function (if one isn't already there, but I will check this) so I can feel a bit better, but if I do find a setting may I inform you Jax?

I don't really keep track of points unless there's a treasure hunt on, and even then it's half heartedly, but knowing you've been favourited without knowing who..ugh, that's not going to help..I'm probably alone in this, but as a Domme being spanked just irks me, I find it disrespectful, I always thought it was just like a wink, but I now wonder if that's how we're favourited, in which case we can just block all those I guess, although that'll take some time it might be worth it. Ideally they'd let us have the ability to see and remove if we choose to..I can't think of a single other site that allows following without the members knowledge..shady.

And yes, please, do let me know if you find a setting, or workaround. 

Posted

Hey guys! Thanks for all the feedback, it's interesting to get your thoughts on this, as the members, because right now we're having the same conversations internally! Initially, the 'favourites' feature is just that: people who you like the look of a lot, but you're not actually friends with. However, that's not necessarily clear, and there's still some confusion about it all. Our idea is to potentially have 'followers' instead, but we're not sure yet. Watch this space!

Posted
24 minutes ago, Annalou said:

Hey guys! Thanks for all the feedback, it's interesting to get your thoughts on this, as the members, because right now we're having the same conversations internally! Initially, the 'favourites' feature is just that: people who you like the look of a lot, but you're not actually friends with. However, that's not necessarily clear, and there's still some confusion about it all. Our idea is to potentially have 'followers' instead, but we're not sure yet. Watch this space!

oooh thank you for commenting Annalou!

As great a feature it is for people to store your content per se, (by favouriting you and seeing what you post), it would be a good idea to have a way so you can view who is storing you in that category, and as Jax pointed out it could be a way to keep privacy safe from people who you dont wish to have following you. So to be able to see whos watching would be beneficial to either stop pests, or even be able to approach someone who stores you as a fave, who maybe doesnt have the confidence to approach? either way i think visibility would be a good factor. il def watch this space :)

Posted

When I first started on here you could save favorites with a note about them and I assumed I was messaging them and got really confused why I couldn't see the threat or didnt get any replied lmao. Never did figure out its purpose.