Popular Post ja**** Posted 7 hours ago Popular Post Myself and my primary partner are both openly polyamorous. Both sets of our parents think it's wrong. We're both happy. Do we continue playing normal to our parents? I only intend for my family to meet my primary partner at this point in time. I am conflicted because of my family's views.
Da**** Posted 6 hours ago Quite frankly, what two happy and consenting adults do in their private life is nobody else’s business to judge. Maybe play normal to them, but do what you want behind the scenes?
Ra**** Posted 5 hours ago If you’re both happy in your situation, honesty is the best policy. Otherwise when and/or if they find out - it’ll only come across worse. Be happy and be yourselves loves ☺️
Ca**** Posted 5 hours ago I'd be honest, but also if you're low/no contact, it's none of their business tbh
da**** Posted 5 hours ago Your a grown adult you don’t have to tell your parents every aspect of your life nor do they need to approve of it
Da**** Posted 5 hours ago I think if anything, they have a good point from their position and what you can take from that is setting hard boundaries and be malleable to change things while you are navigating this new open relationship territory. It doesn’t always have to be permanent, but it’s impressive that you let them know before you jumped into it. Communication is key.
Se**** Posted 5 hours ago I probably would. Unless it's directly pertinent to their lives, they don't need to know. If it upsets them and gives you stress, it's not worth imo.
Ho**** Posted 5 hours ago You are 26 years old. I grew up as a people pleaser - so I could make my mom proud, rather than yelling, being grounded, etc. In the past, I would do what she said/thought. I’m older and wiser now. You are a grown BUTT woman. You do not need parents permission to be happy and live the life you want. It is not easy, but you need to lay boundaries and stick to them. If they give you ultimatums, then sadly you do not need that level of toxic in your life. Maybe not forever. Taking a break or stepping back. Hugs. Live your life for yourself and those you live with.
Ho**** Posted 5 hours ago Quote: Live your life for yourself and not those you live with. Everyone on my side of the family disliked my husband. Made comments about how terrible he is, how he will leave me, etc. 7 years later we were getting married. Even my wedding they tried to say what I could and could not do. How things should be. So many attempts at being controlling and making it something I didn’t want. There was so much stress I was getting sick. Then I decided enough was enough She had her chance and I had to do it for myself. I loved our little wedding. Less than 100 people. No DJ/Bar, just wine on the table for toasting. Paid outright for the wedding that cost around 5K - compared to what my mom wanted me to do
Ur**** Posted 4 hours ago It’s YOUR life!!!! Live it yooooour way not theirs! They don’t like how you live shrug those shoulders and keep being happy. Just because people are family doesn’t mean they control you! Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I hate when “family” makes you like you can’t live your life. F**K THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Au**** Posted 4 hours ago You have to live your own life, I don't tell my parents or my kids everything. And if you're happy together, do your thing. If you and your primary are serious together, sure meet the parents and present as a couple you're not lying. Its just not the whole story. What you do and who you are are two very different things!
cl**** Posted 3 hours ago This is why i dont tell my parents everything lol. They dont share their love life details with me and im the same. I took my bdsm partner to last xmas and they just took a few items off to save stupid judgement. Sometimes it is worth censoring yourself for your sanity and to also stop any relationship backlash.
Ba**** Posted 3 hours ago I‘d say be as open to everybody relevant as you can afford to be In case of family and friends it can be important for them to know(in case of emergency or just to prevent misunderstandings) but that doesn’t mean they need to have anything to add, you can just tell them that you are neither asking for an opinion nor opening a discussion It ultimately doesn’t matter what your parents think, your partners and you get to decide whether or nor it‘s „wrong“ Sure if the social cost goes beyond just having to manually shut down the occasional pointless „conversation“ or inappropriate remark then you may wanna be more careful And if you do tell them be sure to tell your own set of parent about your own relationships before you mention your partners relationships
Recommended Posts