Jump to content

AI photos


Kf****

Recommended Posts

I'm not saying its completely useless and there's no need to patronise me by telling me to develop "wider thinking". it does way more harm than good and it takes away people's need to think for themselves. Real artists who put hours of effort and dedication into their craft are having to compete with a machine that pumps out slop in a couple seconds. They are destroying beautiful forests and natural resources to plant these ugly ai data centres everywhere and destroy the land. To say it is what it is and just shrug your shoulders and continue to contribute to the problem is such an ignorant way of thinking. If anyone needs to widen their thinking, it's you.

I wouldn’t be a very good person if I just let it go unnoticed that two commenters have used homophobic slurs to express their feelings of AI images. That is completely unacceptable. I don’t have the ability to remove those 2 comments but if I did they would be gone. Please be respectful.

1 hour ago, EugenIsThriving said:

I think a bit of wider thinking then white/black, good/bad is always healthy to develop. I'm very happy with my Gemini when i put on that table all what i have i kitchen and in 1inute i get 10 recipe i can make in less then 20 minutes. It allows me to try new tastes, while keeping the cooking fun as well.

Other way i use AI is giving gemini the current location in a new city and ask for example: where is the closest second hand apparel where i could find a autumn jacket for 5 euro or less. You would be surprised that he knows 6 places at 30 hour walking with opening hours, expected price range, best route, etc. Info that is already available but it would require a lot of jogging between different apps.

Other time, i found out i am in a illegal contract with a company, and AI helped me get in contact with authorities, tough me the laws good enough so i know them when i faced the company, and i won a case for financial compensation only after i studied with AI long enough so i could preseent to a attorney in a way he can work with. That amount of work i done in 2 weeks, otherwise it would have took at least a couple of months in which time i would have lost interest and left behind a important sum for me.

I also like to create boards of D&D but place them in weird spaces like everything is happening in supermarket, while the heroes level their shopping carts with skills and powerups, so it can also be fun to connect with your imagination a bit.


To the original concern, i would say yes, it is to noone advantage to present yourself with AI, even if it kinda relates to you. Is just digital distortion.

As for environment, i don't worry. It is what it is and will happen what will happen regardless of how many people you would like to convince otherwise. We are creative as we are damaging, is part of our nature. But i am a bit of a nihilist so you shouldn't take my words for granted. Thank you.

Your way of thinking about AI is ridiculous AI is taking away jobs like check out at supermarkets by ***y computers why should I do a job that supermarkets are supposed to do and a lot of office jobs are being taken over by AI more jobs lost we will be nations of jobs people so how are people supposed to earn *** to live when we are sitting at home doing nothing because AI has taken over not only that people will no longer have the ability to think for themselves problem solving will be so much harder because no one will be smart enough because no one will learn how to do anything at school AI is so dangerous and needs to be killed now. And obviously you cannot think for your self either if you need AI to search for recipes instead of going out and getting a book just lazy

Honestly if I know it’s AI I’ll put that photo into a generator that will tell you if it’s AI or not and then I report the profile with a screen shot of proof that it’s AI. If you can’t use your real photo then you aren’t mature enough to be on a site like this🤷🏼‍♀️

I hate the ai photos, it’s just a bad look in general to use ai and I feel like using ai images of yourself just shows that you think the ai version of you is like “better” or more attractive than you which is like, gross on many levels.

I'm kinda against Ai photos on such a community and Identity focused space. It's one thing if it's just a filter thing. Sometimes I feel I look really cool with one of the filters I come across. But, I don't feel it's right to portray that as a entirely accurate representation of myself. No

I used ai just to tidy up the backgrounds of my photos, personally I don't think it's a problem as long as you don't change your appearance.

3 hours ago, Aurora_ said:

I used ai just to tidy up the backgrounds of my photos, personally I don't think it's a problem as long as you don't change your appearance.

That's OK. As you describe you stay authentic.
I HATE inauthentic photos

It confuses me more than anything else.

Recently I browsed an AI photograph of a woman with fire in her eyes.

Fair enough, but that person has to be aware that whomever she meets will expect her eyes to be all flamey. If they aren't, that person is well within their rights to be ***ed. :p

It's awful. If you want to change something about you and alter your appearance (without going the cosmetic route) then that's cool. Just don't upload it to a site where people are trying to meet people, as it's misrepresentation and it's false advertising.

Would I ban them? No. As long as it's done in moderation and that person has uploaded untouched photographs. It can be a wee bit of fun.

I'm a sapiosexual, so I would rather cast my ire towards people with empty profiles or even ones containing a few lines.

What possesses a person to leave their profile blank? Some people need mental stimulation. Besides, who would inituate contact because of a few photographs? I certainly wouldn't.

Anyway. I've gotten sidetracked...

No doubt ai will have a profound impact on the world, but using it to misrepresent yourself is just wrong. That said I wholeheartedly disagree with people who think you shouldn't even be using it for knowledge or creative work. Just stay disciplined and it won't wreck you like the haters say it will.

They broke so many copyright laws to build it. They are using it to learn from everything we do and using that info against us. The data centers are taking all the resources we need to survive. It is making us stupid. It is manipulating and killing us. Fuck AI. (I worked in SaaS the last 7 years and got out, I know what tf I’m talking about, it is morally and ethically wrong and I don’t trust the billionaires building it)

I'm not trying to argue about this scarlet-rose, but If we're using credentials to qualify our opinions, I've been in tech for nearly 25 years as a full stack software developer. I work with ai nearly every day. You are almost certainly getting your news from the outlets that are just looking for clicks and views. It's not perfect, but the outrage is mostly manufactured. 🫶

Maybe I’m just gullible, but I’m a real person and only post or send pictures and expect others to do the same. AI is right up there posting pictures from 20 years ago. It’s false advertising and a huge turn off.

14 hours ago, Scarlet-rose said:

Okay

You can't reason with people like that unfortunately. Even the world leader on AI have said it could destroy us in the next decade. And if you read about the face hugging incident it's becoming a real possibility everyday.

I think it depends on how it is being used. I have a photo that I used AI to add a poem to it. Now if its changing the looks and turning it into a cartoon? Or changing your complete appearance? Ya not the place to post fake images

NAOMI KLIEIN
TO SAM ALTMAN:
"...YOU INGESTED THE ENTIRE WRITTEN OUTPUT OF HUMAN CIVILIZATION
WITHOUT CONSENT, WITHOUT COMPENSATION AND WITHOUT CREDIT TO BUILD A SYSTEM WHOSE PRIMARY COMMERCIAL APPLICATION IS ELIMINATING THE JOBS OF THE PEOPLE WHOSE WORK YOU CONSUMED.

YOU ARE NOT
'LIBERATING
HUMAN CREATIVITY' --
YOU ARE
STRIP-MINING IT AND SELLING IT BACK AT A MARKUP
WHILE CALLING
THE THEFT
'TRAINING DATA'."
ACT.TV

Sorry it’s all caps, it copied that way.

DarkArts1066

I think we are now getting away from the original sentiment, -which is -Should we be using AI generated or modified photos to promote ourselves on sites like this.

The argument as to whether AI is a good or bad thing is going to rumble on for as long as AI exists.

×
×
  • Create New...