First DIY Flogger Attempt

Warhauk

Posted

Not sure if this is the proper place to post, but I'm looking into starting leather work and one of the things I would like to start with is getting into making custom floggers (for myself initially but maybe sell them if I get good). I'm just wondering if anybody out there has experience on the topic. I am wondering what types of leather to use and what to avoid, more specifically referring to trying to find decent, but cheap leather. I know to avoid things like upholstery leather but not sure if there are specific things to avoid such as tooling leather, etc?

Posted
Just looked at your profile and seen that you are in USA. My advice would be to see if you have a branch of Tandy near to you. Lots of them in the USA, and the staff there will be able to help you with leather and tools. Have a look online for patterns. Upholstery leather is quite thin, and that might actually suit a flogger. You'd certainly want a leather with a fairly soft handle (so soft as opposed to stiff). As for tooling leather, I've got some 9mm tooling leather that is like armour it is so strong. I've made some spanking straps out of it.
Posted

Thank you all for the advice. Maybe it will help to point me in the right direction.

Posted
Reach out to Steel_wolf. He’s into leather and chain mail work. He made me a custom flogger that’s soft, durable, and stingy.