Saying "no" is a must

Posted
Do I need to pont out its satirical?

There's been a fair amount of chit chat about consent ***s lately, here and elsewhere. I’ve learnt quite a lot from the conversations that have come out of these posts; most importantly, that it’s only a consent *** if I say “no”.

I don’t know how I failed to pick up on this concept sooner. I mean, it’s not as if I don't have sufficient comparators to draw from in my everyday life.

Take my home as an example. I often leave the back door unlocked and my neighbours love it because they know it means they can come inside without an invitation and help themselves to my icecream and fishfinger sandwiches. I know that the deeds say that there's a right of way through our back gardens to the standpipe that isn't there any longer but, fairs fair I suppose.

And then there's the fact that I always buy extra snacks for the days I'm in the office, for when other teams pop in. A good many of them show up and help themselves to the Haribo and hot chocolate on/in my desk. Everyone knows if something is left out in the open it means you’re welcome to it so I should have known people can send me lewd messages, call me by a honorific, bring toys to a vanilla meet and push past my boundaries unless I specfically said no. I’m a bit slow with stuff like this so, please, excuse my ignorance. I really should know better.

It’s exactly the same as when I left my purse on the counter while I was out earlier today getting lunch.The cashier took all my cash from it because she wanted to buy herself some new shoes. I hadn’t said “no”, so obviously she had a legitimate claim to my ***. All the more relevant when it comes to my body because I didn't even earn/pay for that so it's way less valuable than what's in my purse.

My mind and body are exactly like the contents of my house, desk and purse: freely available without invitation to everyone who wants to help themselves. Consider me corrected and, thank you for the lesson.
Posted
So much truth, if it's not agreed it's not in play (unless all is in play unless put on a no list, but either way it's as a result of informed consent)
Posted
Another great writing, and still there are some that do not get the point. Its always best to take No as the default position, unless you get a specific Yes.

I would like to think the majority do this but we are drowned out by the entitled minority that feel the default is Yes.
Posted
5 hours ago, Fishbicycle said:
Errrrm, probably yes and your inbox may well reflect it’s not been seen as satirical!
Hope you’re well XxhugsxX

I think you might be right but the fet mods caught up with them before I got a chance to read them 😂

Posted
11 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

Do I need to pont out its satirical?

There's been a fair amount of chit chat about consent ***s lately, here and elsewhere. I’ve learnt quite a lot from the conversations that have come out of these posts; most importantly, that it’s only a consent *** if I say “no”.

I don’t know how I failed to pick up on this concept sooner. I mean, it’s not as if I don't have sufficient comparators to draw from in my everyday life.

Take my home as an example. I often leave the back door unlocked and my neighbours love it because they know it means they can come inside without an invitation and help themselves to my icecream and fishfinger sandwiches. I know that the deeds say that there's a right of way through our back gardens to the standpipe that isn't there any longer but, fairs fair I suppose.

And then there's the fact that I always buy extra snacks for the days I'm in the office, for when other teams pop in. A good many of them show up and help themselves to the Haribo and hot chocolate on/in my desk. Everyone knows if something is left out in the open it means you’re welcome to it so I should have known people can send me lewd messages, call me by a honorific, bring toys to a vanilla meet and push past my boundaries unless I specfically said no. I’m a bit slow with stuff like this so, please, excuse my ignorance. I really should know better.

It’s exactly the same as when I left my purse on the counter while I was out earlier today getting lunch.The cashier took all my cash from it because she wanted to buy herself some new shoes. I hadn’t said “no”, so obviously she had a legitimate claim to my ***. All the more relevant when it comes to my body because I didn't even earn/pay for that so it's way less valuable than what's in my purse.

My mind and body are exactly like the contents of my house, desk and purse: freely available without invitation to everyone who wants to help themselves. Consider me corrected and, thank you for the lesson.

"Point" my friend 😁

Posted
No no no no no (<--Practicing) the world shouldn't be like this but sadly it seems to be true. Too many assume something is ok or its easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

It's a shame we aren't born with that vampire like trait. Not the hot kinky *** lust but the one where they need permission to enter places. Although we should be better than that and have control over our temptations.

It also seems yes has become a magic word that gives you a free for all to everything you can imagine.
Posted
1 minute ago, BadDesires said:
No no no no no (<--Practicing) the world shouldn't be like this but sadly it seems to be true. Too many assume something is ok or its easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

It's a shame we aren't born with that vampire like trait. Not the hot kinky *** lust but the one where they need permission to enter places. Although we should be better than that and have control over our temptations.

It also seems yes has become a magic word that gives you a free for all to everything you can imagine.

No my message was cut and I don't have time to fix it now.

Posted
This happened a while back to me, I didn’t realise it was happening until things I hadn’t agreed to started, politely calling it out to start with expecting this to not be said/done again and then it ended up having to stand my ground and so no not so nicely . It is shame it happens and kind a makes me sad, but better to be safe x
Posted
13 minutes ago, Nicky898 said:
This happened a while back to me, I didn’t realise it was happening until things I hadn’t agreed to started, politely calling it out to start with expecting this to not be said/done again and then it ended up having to stand my ground and so no not so nicely . It is shame it happens and kind a makes me sad, but better to be safe x

Definitely and I agree, sometimes it can be extremely subtle when someone is pushing your boundaries. I'm glad you recognised what was happening x