Forum Search Function

ge****

Posted
I may be missing it, but is there any way to search the forums for prior threads on a particular subject? Know it may be hit and miss based on subject titles used or keywords in the text, but would be useful if there were a specific topic someone wanted to research without necessarily having to start a new thread about it.

Would also have the added benefit of reducing regular repeat threads on the same subject.
Posted

I don't know how it works on the app - but the search bar at the top of the forums page will search forum posts.  

Posted
On the website you mean? Not seeing a search bar there?
Posted

yeah on the web - scroll to the top - even on this forum page - it should be top right

Posted
Nope not seeing it there sadly - I have "Start New Topic" "Sort By" and "Prev/Next" as options at the top maybe it's browser specific

Ah well, thanks anyway eyem 👍
Posted
Not 100% certain but I think there's only a search bar for forums on the desktop (pc & laptop) version of the site & not on the mobile version
Posted
1 minute ago, BDSMkinkydom said:
Not 100% certain but I think there's only a search bar for forums on the desktop (pc & laptop) version of the site & not on the mobile version

Thanks and yeah have established that I think I just can't find it on the desktop version

Posted

To find the search function on the Mobile Desktop version of the site, tap on your photo in the top right hand corner of the screen and on the new screen that appears, select the Browse heading.  A new drop down menu will appear and in there is a search section that you can type in a members name or a topic etc and if there are any matches the search results will appear below.  Hope this helps 🧚‍♀️

Posted
8 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Thanks and yeah have established that I think I just can't find it on the desktop version

Might be an issue with your browser. Try clearing your cache and cookies. If that doesnt work, try updating your browser to its latest version.

Posted
8 hours ago, PixieDust said:

To find the search function on the Mobile Desktop version of the site, tap on your photo in the top right hand corner of the screen and on the new screen that appears, select the Browse heading.  A new drop down menu will appear and in there is a search section that you can type in a members name or a topic etc and if there are any matches the search results will appear below.  Hope this helps 🧚‍♀️

Brilliant thanks much and also reassuring to know it's not that intuitive to find so wasn't me being a doofus 🤣

Thanks again much appreciated 👍