NEW: BDSM Personality Test 😈

Posted
Important! Update your FET App if the test does not show up!
Posted
I chose an 'not all the time' option and it put me at 13% dom ... how does that work?
Posted
Sorry to say, I took it and thought it had a lot of problems. The skip button is hard to see, and so people are faced with questions (eg the rigging (where there just isn't an answer - ie not interested - that reflects them. In the Ds section, you seem to conflate sub and slave which ... Uhm... And then there's the narrowness of scope. I've talked to a lot of people in the Lobby who didn't feel it reflected them at all.

The bdsm test (no links here, but you all know the one) is a lot better.
Posted

Very much got me all wrong too, even answering all the sub type answers it put me as dom on some bits, theres not a hair on my body that is domme!

4 minutes ago, Charmander said:

Sorry to say, I took it and thought it had a lot of problems. The skip button is hard to see, and so people are faced with questions (eg the rigging (where there just isn't an answer - ie not interested - that reflects them. In the Ds section, you seem to conflate sub and slave which ... Uhm... And then there's the narrowness of scope. I've talked to a lot of people in the Lobby who didn't feel it reflected them at all.

The bdsm test (no links here, but you all know the one) is a lot better.

Posted

And i didnt share the results as i saw it was wrong, yet a friend pointed out it was on my profile!!

I assumed 'not sharing' meant not showing on the profile. I didnt know we had to go into settings to remove it.

Posted

Under settings, it says bdsm test and new next to it

1 minute ago, gemini_man said:

Where do I find it?

Posted

I'm sorry. I think it's hideous, and I will not use it. Seen other people's results and thought wtf. Most adds up over 100% or less than and it just doesn't make sense. Lots have mentioned in the lobby, it's inaccuracy or inability to answer questions yes or no and that it just wasn't great. It really put me off and I would recommend a "hide" option for this. I would rather it be gone from sight on my profile. 

Posted
Just now, Cheekysub247 said:

Under settings, it says bdsm test and new next to it

Thanks much - will give it a try and report back

Posted
Where...? 🔗 is dosnt work...?
Posted
The test gives Master(Mistress)/slave but doesn't cater for Dom(me)/submissive or Tops/bottoms. This is not great considering many in this lifestyle don't identify as M/s
Posted
Being totally honest I wasn't that taken with it - appreciate the effort that must have gone into it, and personally think questionnaires can be very valuable tools, but this one falls way short of the mark.

There's too much ambiguity and some of the questions just don't make sense - I ended up skipping loads as they just weren't relevant or were open to interpretation.

It's almost like we're expected to fit into neat pre-ordained boxes, which is far from the truth.

I'd also suggest it's potentially dangerous for newbies (who are the users most likely to use such a tool) as they may think they need to fit one of the boxes, or misunderstand the question by the way it is written and that could lead to others using their answers to persuade them down the wrong route.

Am trying to be constructive here and if it has come across in any other way, my apologies as it's not my intent.
Posted

Thanks for all your feedback so far!! Very appreciated! Please keep it coming! 💜

If you use the FET app and cannot see the test, please update the app.

If you completed the test and do not want the results to show on your profile, you can deactivate this in the settings or click here.

Posted
19 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

I'd also suggest it's potentially dangerous for newbies (who are the users most likely to use such a tool) as they may think they need to fit one of the boxes, or misunderstand the question by the way it is written and that could lead to others using their answers to persuade them down the wrong route.

Am trying to be constructive here and if it has come across in any other way, my apologies as it's not my intent.

This!

I made a post on here before saying that "Wannabes and Fakes" come about because they join this site or the likes of it, because they think all BDSM entails either a 'Dom or Sub role'. They are focring one or the other on themselves unneccesarily. 

I do not identify as either. I may switch from time to time, but my Play time is fetish and kink related in the turns ons of the physical stuff (fabrics, dressing up, skin and such) nothing at all to do with Submission or Dominance, at times. 

So, yes as the Moderator Lady posted above about hiding the test once completed in settings, I have zero intention of wasting any time doing a test just so I can hide it.

I would prefer it to not say or show anything to do with it, and have it hidden in settings with the option to do it or not. Not sat on my profile with an "invite me" button. I think I'd personally block anyone who started that nonesense with me. I sound like a dick tbh but I really dislike it. 

Posted
I think whoever coded this has got their percentages right 🤣
Posted
Took the test twice, because I did not understand it the first time.
A few constructive critiques.
Some one that prefers to practice their kinks in private isn’t less into it than those that do it at an event. That’s an entire type of kink itself.
The general questions are not deep enough, they barely scratch the surface of the few fetishes on the outcome side.
I agree with several of the comments above, this could be a tool to allow for further discussion and insight into some of your kinks, there’s potential, but it falls short.

I appreciate the effort to create this, but do not feel it accurately depicts the entire range of fetishes an individual might have tendencies for.
Posted

There's been loads of feedback giving opportunities for improvements but not much giving positives so here goes. As a concept it's great. It's far more pleasing on the eye than the other BDSM test that is widely used. The percentages look great and make it clear which side of the slash an individual sits and makes it easier to avoid the pigeonholes of D-type, S-type or Switch instead enabling a sliding scale of where you sit in between. I think it's a great first release and as the OP said it's a BETA version so I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements are made as a result of the feedback. 

Posted
What’s wrong with the actual original BDSM test ? It’s more clear and covers more “labels” you can copy and paste the results or even screenshot the results and add to your photos (Seems no one reads bios and just looks at pictures any way).
Posted
I find it a tad basic compared to other tests, there are no checks or balances or ability to say not applicable.

You can like tying someone up but it doesnt make you a rigger.

Then theres the whole Top/Bottom aspect of th S&M world that isnt catered for.