Anticipation or ***

Posted
As a sub, doms can do things that they perceive as anticipation, but the sub reads as ***. I'm interested to know, from doms and subs alike, what experiences you have with this, and how was it resolved.
Thank you, in anticipation x
Posted
Ive had conversation about ideas, theres a certain idea/thought has now been planted but never done, and i do think about it if it would ever happen, maybe its 'mental ***'
Posted

Context is important....

Is the particular behaviour or activity, positive or negative?

For example, making your partner wait for a text reply can rightly be seen as ***/***......but framed as anticipation by the Dom.

Posted
This is for a sub to answer, I guess. But if I want to mentally *** a sub, I'll tell them to get the kit/gear laid out ready and include items I know worry her.
Posted
1 hour ago, DoubleyTroubley said:
This is for a sub to answer, I guess. But if I want to mentally *** a sub, I'll tell them to get the kit/gear laid out ready and include items I know worry her.

Is the mental *** agreed beforehand, as part of play, or do you decide that as a dom/master?

Posted
"Is the mental *** agreed beforehand, as part of play, or do you decide that as a dom/master?"

I would decide. After all, I'm "implying" only, I'm overstepping no boundaries or hard/soft limits. I'd clearly only do this too after many, many sessions.
Posted
I guess it’s about the time and how long a person perceives is to long to be anticipation and then becomes to much. If a Dom keeps promising or teasing to do something and then it doesn’t happen is that anticipation or time wasting ? From personal experience it’s a fine line and being kept hanging on to long with one person has now demised some of the excitement for future anticipation to work from others.
Posted
As with nearly everything in kink, everything is different to different people and different dynamics. What one Dom views as “anticipation” may be just that for one sub, but for another it could be ***. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and we all have different dna/chemicals/spirits/whatever that causes us to perceive things uniquely.

If it is intended as anticipation by the Dom and is more of *** by the sun, then the sun should talk to their Dom about it (perhaps after the event). For any relationship to be successful, there must be communication between the parties in the relationship.

Hopefully, in a case like this, once the Dom understands the subs perception, they will change their behavior. The may use their “anticipation” in the future for a true punishment.