The Hunt or The Feast

Posted

The Hunt or The Feast

Anyone that knows me intimately knows my personal answer to this but for the sake of healthy debate, I’ll keep my views plutonic. Again, if you know me intimately you'll understand that's a task in itself, everyone else buckle in (hehe). So, where is the real meaning? Where should we exert ourselves, or even overexert in some instances? Do they, could they hold equal value? They are after all, important in their own entities, and let's remember you can't have one without the other. Let's start at the beginning, I'm calling it the hunt for ease but of course, we don't all associate ourselves with hunter and prey, if you prefer you could think of it as the rehearsal and the dance. Whichever way you look at it if you're lucky enough then one leads to the other. If you're not lucky enough to have experienced that then you have my sympathies because it's a truly beautiful experience whether it's the dance or the feast. Taking the plunge and committing to a dynamic is freeing, I don't just mean for the s-type although I can see why that would be misinterpreted, I've had D-types explain it to me as much the same- a completion of them. True BDSM isn't roleplay, if you can switch it on and off like a light then you're only fooling yourself. I'm not saying roleplay doesn't exist and can't be fulfilling for those that choose it but owning and submitting has a greater depth. I can whole heartily say it can't be switched off because I've tried and I mean put on my trainers and completely run in the opposite direction, tried. Each time I've failed, sometimes I've given vanilla a good go, and others I’ve just hidden amongst the 'normal‘ people pretending my thoughts wouldn't make their toes curl and assess clench.

The Hunt

It all starts with a view, a like, or a spank. We're not a complicated breed. Then the messages flow, you get to know each other, asking leading questions. If you're doing it right often you won't even remember the initial question because the conversion simply flows. Before you know it. It's the early hours of the morning and you've told this person threw a screen some pretty damn personal things. Hopefully not your bank details or address (hehe). Paypigs and sugar babies don't rate high with me but I accept their existence. Each to their own. I mean your fantasies and desires, you eventfully admit defeat as your eyes are heavy and go to bed. Waking the next morning, usually 3-4 hours for me, you reach for your phone in the hope that they’ve messaged. Let’s be honest at his point we all revert to giddy ***agers, yes D-types I appreciate that giddy isn’t a term you’d associate yourself with but indulge me for now (pretty please). The point is we’re excited, optimistic, and positive about what could be, the messages continue as you divulge more of yourself as each day passes. The information becomes more intimate and the feelings of compatibility begin to grow. For those hoping for an in real life dynamic this might lead to a social for those staying online, play might transpire. Neither are correct, merely different. A consideration period might be discussed or not, each to their own. Personally, I’m a period of consideration girl- I’ve failed many. If you’re reading this I’ll let you have that chuckle on me and I hope you eventually found her. By this point the excitement of the hunt is probably dying down, you found and captured your prey. All that is left now is to skin, gut and cook. The messy part per-say. You can still take great satisfaction in this part as you caught that, you out hunted the masses and the prey submitted to you. But, has your hunger passed? Do you still see the raw, skinned meat as desirable, or was the real exhilaration in the anticipation of what could be, and now you're left with a lifeless carcass?

The Feast

So, this is the part where you take your spoils and make your meal. You peel, chop and season everything just the way you like it. Some might say you use too much salt or too much honey but that’s none of their concern as this is your meal and you’ll cook, serve and devour as you see fit. Now I’m a foodie-see the plus size description or my pictures if you need evidence. My point is this girl knows a feast but also likes to be feasted on! The complexity of the feast is finding different recipes to keep the menu alive. At this hurdle, some might fall as they’re not intricate enough to keep remolding the same substance to reveal a new and exciting flavour. That’s when the itch to hunt new meat arrives. Then what do you do, Ignore it? Or add more flavour?

A sub will open themselves up and makes themselves achingly *** when they’re hunted by their Dom. They inadvertently show them all their best hiding places, the areas they feel safe.  In turn, the Dom shows his hunting technic and on occasion can share the odd tell. In the process of the hunt, the Dom is learning about the sub and earning the sub's trust, making himself equally ***. During the feast, the Dom reclaims that vulnerability as he sits at the top of the table. Ultimately, the hunter will choose his hunting ground. Whether he leaves a trail or carcasses or simply wounded prey is his choice. The only choice the sub has is fight or flight. Do you push your limits and compromise yourself or admit defeat and lie limp?

So, what do you enjoy? The Hunt or The Feast??

Posted
I enjoy the complexities of both but I find some partners make the feasting rather...mundane. Imagination can't all flow one way 🙂
Posted
Ooooh what a damn good question!! And so well written 🙌🏼

I’m currently in the ‘hunt’ stage…and it’s scary af 😂😂😂😂 This topic is really speaking to me right now!

I love the hunt, especially when like you say, it’s someone I’m really attracted to and would be considering a potential relationship with. It gets tricky when insecurities and doubts pop up, but a D type worth my time would understand those insecurities and use it as an opportunity to reassure me and build on the trust…now if he’s a skilled hunter, I will most likely at some point, become like a deer in the headlights and my whole focus will be on him…however, as a women with a mind as well as hormones…I’m very aware I might not be the only deer he’s been stalking and hunters will, by nature, typically chose the most *** prey…. So the feast then becomes the dance…..I’m no longer a deer, but a dance partner and if we can’t move together with a natural rhythm and ignore everyone else on the dance floor, I’m likely to sit the next one out 🤚🏼😂.

Giving yourself to someone in any kind of way is scary, not knowing what they’ll do after they’ve opened the box and used the gift is even scarier! You’ve given some things to consider!

Really enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing it!
Posted
9 minutes ago, MissTakenDeep said:

Giving yourself to someone in any kind of way is scary, not knowing what they’ll do after they’ve opened the box and used the gift is even scarier! You’ve given some things to consider!

Thank you! You’ve a lovely written tone too💕

could I prod further… what do you think about hunters that enjoy their meal and the dance but are still hungry for more? Could you accept a polygamous Dom?

Posted
13 minutes ago, Perfectly_Imperfect said:

Thank you! You’ve a lovely written tone too💕

could I prod further… what do you think about hunters that enjoy their meal and the dance but are still hungry for more? Could you accept a polygamous Dom?

Thankyou 😊

Tbh, I don’t think I could. I have a few friends in poly relationships and I genuinely envy their ability to love & commit to multiple people, but I don’t share the ability even if I wish it did 🤦🏻‍♀️.
I’m an extremely monogamous person and feel like I’m giving myself, it’s ALL of myself, I’d feel like I was spreading myself thinly if I had multiple partners and it’s not my style. I’d also need to feel like I’m enough for my partner or my insecurities would play havoc with my anxiety and abandonment issues. Don’t get me wrong, I could be meeting someone for a few weeks and be happy to go out separate ways if it wasn’t developing into more than just sex, but I couldn’t be in what I’d consider a real relationship if my partner was looking elsewhere.

Posted
I can’t finish this right now. So I’m leaving a note to get notifications. I love it so far!
Posted
This is so amazing! I have been thinking in the terms of hunter and prey lately a lot. This is helping me to define how I feel about these ideas.
I am a sub who is finally getting a chance to explore who I am as a sub and the things I want. I find that being prey is hard on me and pushes my limits. But I am enjoying the rush of ***. Mostly because my hunter seems to enjoy playing with his food.
I haven’t had much luck with the feast part in the past. Creativity is definitely something that can not be one sided.
Good luck in your journey. Hopefully you will find a wonderful feasting partner!
Posted
24 minutes ago, Stringlady13 said:

Good luck in your journey. Hopefully you will find a wonderful feasting partner!

Good luck to you too, sweetie! 💕

Posted (edited)

I love to be hunted but for me to submit, he or she better be an unbelievable hunter cause I love the chase it part of the fun and helps to see for a strong mate 🧚‍♀️                 Ps love the read 

Edited by Dustykat
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dustykat said:

helps to see for a strong mate

What if the hunter wants to hunt and gather? Could you be one of many trophies?

Posted (edited)

Maybe I love the chase and not easy to catch, so before we talk about the gathering  you need to catch  🧚‍♀️

Edited by Dustykat
Posted
I personally hate the 'hunt.' New people. Learning their nuances. The small talk, the filling of silences, the misunderstandings via text. The over thinking. I hate all of it under the best of conditions. The formalities. The impressions we send out. Trying to show our best selves. The mask we wear while feeling each other out...I hate it all.
BUT
There cannot be a 'feast' without the 'hunt' at least not for me. I'm seeing the 'hunt' as the vetting process, ensuring that there's the connection/banter/mutual respect/aligned ethics and values etc etc.
So, as much as I hate it and would much rather be able to go straight to snuggling on the sofa with the fire lit and a hot chocolate and marshmallows, it's a necessary evil.