Ballet boots

MR****

Posted

Those who own a pair(s), how long can you wear them comfortably, lying down? Have you learned to walk in them? Any previous pointe experience? All thoughts welcome while I wait for mine, somewhat impatiently 😅

Posted

all day and sleep in them, yes I have learnt to walk in them, but that may be because my feet are naturally that shape anyway so they are much less stressful than they are for most, I've known a few others with normal feet who have learnt to walk in them but they are ex ballet dancers and even then said it took a lot of practice

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

I have a pair of the ballet wedges, I can wear them all day lying down, but to walk in them is hard work and I am up to only a couple of steps before having to sit down again

• 3 months later...
Posted

Are they just for photoshoots? Or can u wear them all night?

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

If you are just going to wear them in bed then just get them in your normal size, if you want to walk in them you will need to go down one size so they are good and tight, and get some toe protectors and keep your weight off of your toes

Posted

Had a pair for years but still can’t walk in them, fall flat on my face every time, I’m 6ft though and that a lot of body on the the joints of your toes, i still love wearing them though they are very comfortable 

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

The weight should be on the top and bottom of your foot, not your toes, hence going a size smaller on the boots and you have to do them up really tight, as your toes will never take the weight, and the use of toe protectors saves them from to much grief, most of your weight must be directed through the heel itself, some ballet have been known to have heels that are slightly too long and need to be cut down by a small amount