Keeps breaking the bed

Asja

Posted

Oké I need advice. Because buying a new slatted base every couple of months is getting expensive. 

We keep braking them. And replacing the broken bed slats is so not romantic.  But the bed frame is still perfect. 

anyone that has tips? 

much love

asja 

Posted
Put a piece of wood (or 3) under the middle bit to support the weight and screw (if you can) the frame to the floor. I did this and the bed is now solid
Posted

there's assorted boards you can get to place vertically which will help rein*** the bed 

Posted
I feel for you here, I tried the vertical rein***ment and replaced the slats with a thicker wood.

The only problem I had after that was taking it all apart again when we bought a divan. There were so many screws... *pun intended *😏
Posted
For rough sex and bdsm play, I bought a Liberator Equus black series. Tie downs, super high density foam, and a machine washable cover. Plus, no one has to sleep in the wet spot.
Posted
Depending on the design of the bed you can add extra slats, it doesn't really work with the ones with the plastic clips on the ends but if it's the sort you screw to the frame you can buy an extra set of slats & double them up so it distributes the weight more. I used to break mine all the time but I added an extra set of slats it's never broken any since
Posted
I have two 6×4 Harwdood sheets, chopped down to size on top of the slats, works well.
Posted
🏻 similar but I cut down 1" smooth birch plywood and set across the slats.
Posted
Omg forgot mine was broke only sleep one side sin e I lost hubby... Must get it fixed in case I get lucky pmsl
  • 1 month later...
Blzbob_redux
Posted

I've had to rebuild a few in my time. The ones with thin slats and plastic clips are the worst. Honestly they were coming out of the clips and pinging if I so much as looked at my friend with a "shall we" glance. 

There comes only so much rebuilding and re-enforcing that you can do before it's better to look at getting a new bed. Upgraded my own sadly it's still been unkinkified as yet being as it's just for sleeping in right now but a good timber frame and some solid wood slats give me confidence that if the time does come when I can get someone on it then it'll hold up it's own.