The Twelve Men Of Dating.

Go****

Posted
Well, that's certainly revealing.
Somewhat alarming.
But revealing. 😳
When I joined this site, I decided to act exactly the same way I had for decades on FL and just not message anyone.
My profile actually states, "I'm fairly unlikely to make the first move as I never did like cold calling"...
And, minus a few singular attempts where I really wasn't attempting anything other than offer a compliment over a decently thought out profile, I've kept my word.
However, this I find quite terrifying a prospect, having offered a genuine, "like the vibe you have happening" to women and, while originally just assuming I was getting a null response because, well, my face? ...I now see the larger picture. 😭
It's no wonder they won't respond if this is the apparent "standard". 💔😢
Posted
10 minutes ago, blackwes748 said:

Mr Pleasant sounded like he might deserve a second chance...and although I don't approve, I did think Mr Direct was somewhat original.

I do believe we were kink incompatible 😏

Posted
4 minutes ago, GoodGirlBetterBrat said:

You might be onto something there! Great idea! Does this mean I have to give you a cut of my profits? 😄

Up for negotiation lol...I'd also take a shout out in the opening credits. Maybe some sort of creative director title 😂

Posted
Hysterical GGBB. Thank you for sharing.😄
Posted
13 hours ago, jtscha said:

Up for negotiation lol...I'd also take a shout out in the opening credits. Maybe some sort of creative director title 😂

Negotiation is fine with me. We'll see about the title though 🤔😂

Posted
13 hours ago, MoricoWillin said:

Well, that's certainly revealing.
Somewhat alarming.
But revealing. 😳
When I joined this site, I decided to act exactly the same way I had for decades on FL and just not message anyone.
My profile actually states, "I'm fairly unlikely to make the first move as I never did like cold calling"...
And, minus a few singular attempts where I really wasn't attempting anything other than offer a compliment over a decently thought out profile, I've kept my word.
However, this I find quite terrifying a prospect, having offered a genuine, "like the vibe you have happening" to women and, while originally just assuming I was getting a null response because, well, my face? ...I now see the larger picture. 😭
It's no wonder they won't respond if this is the apparent "standard". 💔😢

You will find a lot won't respond as, even if the message is innocent looking, the majority immediately jump to something worse if a response is received.

And/or, no isn't an accepted response. 

Posted
10 hours ago, angry_g said:

Hysterical GGBB. Thank you for sharing.😄

Thank you for reading, I'm pleased you enjoyed it!

Posted
13 hours ago, Arcues said:

Would you be streaming it on twitch? 

I think we'll be on ALLLLLLL the major channels!

Posted
13 minutes ago, GoodGirlBetterBrat said:

You will find a lot won't respond as, even if the message is innocent looking, the majority immediately jump to something worse if a response is received.

And/or, no isn't an accepted response. 

Hello, I'm having major issues here this week, my local cell tower's being upgraded to 5g so my phone's constantly having a hissy fit trying to stay connected while running out of ram... Just deleted my previous comment, sorry... 🙄
I generally close off any direct message with "be well", so they don't have to feel pressured into replying, I sort of assumed that was the why but after seeing this thread, wow... 😳

Posted
@GoodGirlBetterBrat
Heh, good news, the delete command apparently never made the server? 😅
(The bad news is I'm being gaslighted by my own phone?), 😂😳👌
"No is not an accepted response"...?
Is that what's it's really come to?
I mean, I know it was bad but... This all sort of makes me want to never disturb a woman ever again? 😕
There's no way to fight perception bias, therefore, I'm pretty much just as much an instance of perceived threat. Which means there's almost no point in sending any message at all... My original intention to not send direct messages was, in fact, sadly, a correct one...
That's kinda heartbreaking. 💔
Posted
1 hour ago, GoodGirlBetterBrat said:

Negotiation is fine with me. We'll see about the title though 🤔😂

Fair enough...😂

Posted
5 hours ago, GoodGirlBetterBrat said:

I think we'll be on ALLLLLLL the major channels!

😂😂

Looking forward to it

Posted
5 hours ago, MoricoWillin said:
@GoodGirlBetterBrat
Heh, good news, the delete command apparently never made the server? 😅
(The bad news is I'm being gaslighted by my own phone?), 😂😳👌
"No is not an accepted response"...?
Is that what's it's really come to?
I mean, I know it was bad but... This all sort of makes me want to never disturb a woman ever again? 😕
There's no way to fight perception bias, therefore, I'm pretty much just as much an instance of perceived threat. Which means there's almost no point in sending any message at all... My original intention to not send direct messages was, in fact, sadly, a correct one...
That's kinda heartbreaking. 💔

It is. But it's the reality. I generally only respond to people who've commented on posts. A high proportation of adults here don't take too kindly to indirect no's no matter how you word it. GG has given examples above 👍🏻
Thay's actually not true, I always respond to females/those who are femme identifying. It's the males I don't unless it's a really well thought out, polite message which tells me they've read some of what I have to say

Posted
@Copperknob
It's a very sad reality? 😢
Yes, and those example's are quite frightening... Also examples of bad parenting, perhaps, if that's how they think, (not taught no enough as a kid?). 😕
I meant as a cold-call first contact message, it must be received as, "uh-oh, here we go again, another one", irrespective of the initial read just because it's a male's profile entering your inbox without any notice or provocation?
Oh no, I would never send anything I didn't feel relevant to the profile, I'm here to hopefully form a connection, (that hopefully becomes a relationship), with someone, not, uh, 'sleaze'. 😳
Posted
23 minutes ago, MoricoWillin said:
@Copperknob
It's a very sad reality? 😢
Yes, and those example's are quite frightening... Also examples of bad parenting, perhaps, if that's how they think, (not taught no enough as a kid?). 😕
I meant as a cold-call first contact message, it must be received as, "uh-oh, here we go again, another one", irrespective of the initial read just because it's a male's profile entering your inbox without any notice or provocation?
Oh no, I would never send anything I didn't feel relevant to the profile, I'm here to hopefully form a connection, (that hopefully becomes a relationship), with someone, not, uh, 'sleaze'. 😳

And that last bit, it's our best hope but I'd be lying if the first part didn't cross my mind. At the very least each new message from a male gets an eye roll

Posted
@Copperknob
That's why I'm disinclined to cold-call.
I'm actually thinking of altering my profile bio from 'fairly unlikely to message first' to 'outright not happening'... 😳
Heh, my original assumption's were correct; she's just gonna have to teleport into my living room?? 😂😢
Posted
18 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

unless it's a really well thought out, polite message which tells me they've read some of what I have to say

That's one of the reasons I have a longer profile. There are those who complain it's too long, who advertise themselves as the ones who want it 'easy', and then there are those that want to take the time to read and put some effort in.

A message that's evident they've read about you, who's interacted with you previously elsewhere on the app, is like the gold standard of messages 🏆

Scuba_fetishist
Posted
On 6/17/2022 at 8:57 PM, Lockfairy said:

I sent one off last week with a flea in his ear. My reply to his first polite message innocently included the word ‘wetsuit’. A word which included the word ‘wet’ was apparently too much for him and sent him off on a drooling fantasy in his second message. 

Thank 🦆 I didn’t use the word ‘cocktail’! 😂

I can confirm to all, this wasn't me 🤣🤣

Posted
2 hours ago, Scuba_fetishist said:

I can confirm to all, this wasn't me 🤣🤣

I must admit this hadn't crossed my mind at first, but now that you mention it....🤣😜

For those who don't know me, I'm kidding lol

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 7:59 PM, CopperKnob said:

😂😂
I do think though that a lot more pepople read the posts in the forums than we realise. They just don't bother commenting publicly, they'd much rather sneak into the inbox

This is absolutely true, great post Goodgirl, I bet you've had quite a few more messages now about this post, instead of commenting here. Oh and they will segway into a come on then too.

Am I right?

X

Edited by Vic1077
Posted

"'Don't know exactly what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we just assume I said all that?'"

Whilst I now know from the replies that it wasn't as original as it seems it had me laughing out loud, so thanks anyway.

Posted
10 hours ago, Vic1077 said:

This is absolutely true, great post Goodgirl, I bet you've had quite a few more messages now about this post, instead of commenting here. Oh and they will segway into a come on then too.

Am I right?

X

Surprisingly less than you would think, but yes, one or two...I think I've scared some away 😱🤣 x

Posted
6 hours ago, UK_Knight said:

"'Don't know exactly what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we just assume I said all that?'"

Whilst I now know from the replies that it wasn't as original as it seems it had me laughing out loud, so thanks anyway.

Yes, I made me laugh, in a 'I can't believe he just did that' kind of way 😆