What is immoral

Do****

Posted
Thoughts feelings on men who have genital herpes sleep with women and don't tell them. Then that victim gets sick gets checked out gets test results back, confronts partner only to get a denial from them and ghosted .
Posted
*IF* someone "knowingly" passes on an STI then obviously it's completely immoral and wrong.
However with genital herpes they may not "know" they have it unless they have symptoms, or may not even be the person that passed it on to you - bear in mind this from the NHS website about genital herpes:
"Symptoms might not appear for weeks or even years after you're infected with the herpes virus."
So anyone that does have it may not necessarily have caught it from their last sexual partner, or even a recent one.
So be careful of making allegations that may not be true.
It's also worth noting that condom use doesn't prevent genital herpes being spread as it is a skin condition that is passed on by skin on skin contact, and if the condom doesn't cover the infected area then it can be passed on still.
Posted
It's also worth noting that around 11-13% of the world population have HSV-2 (genital herpes) and around 70% have HSV-1 (cold sores and similar but can present in the genital area too)
Posted

I read somewhere that the vast majority of people have herpes by the time they’re 25 and most people don’t know about it. It is actually the norm to have it. 

Also, people who have had cold sores in their ***s but no longer have symptoms years later can still pass it on to other people’s genitals.

Posted
I believe it is especially when you have medication out there for herpes to prevent someone from getting it.
Posted

knowingly passing on STI's to someone is both immoral and illegal 

Posted
31 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

knowingly passing on STI's to someone is both immoral and illegal 

Only illegal if it's deadly. They will only charge you in the states if you knowing pass HIV to people and didn't tell them.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Missy45 said:

Only illegal if it's deadly. They will only charge you in the states if you knowing pass HIV to people and didn't tell them.

ack :/

In the UK it is any STI.   It's chargeable with GBH.  It can be difficult to prove, sometimes, but our NHS do (or at least used to do) a trace system 

Posted
3 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

ack :/

In the UK it is any STI.   It's chargeable with GBH.  It can be difficult to prove, sometimes, but our NHS do (or at least used to do) a trace system 

Yeah, the other STD's are harder to prove than HIV. Unless, they were tested prior and given the information before you, and you were tested before any sexual interaction with the infected person. I've just never heard of anyone getting charged but for HIV in the states.  

Posted
1 hour ago, Missy45 said:
I believe it is especially when you have medication out there for herpes to prevent someone from getting it.

There is no such medication for herpes either HSV-1 or HSV-2 - to either immunise against catching it or cure it if you have it.
As I said further up it's only immoral if you "knowingly" pass it on and in the case of herpes many don't know they have it or have symptoms to lead themselves to believe they might have it.
In fact it's entirely feasible that the person the OP *thinks* gave it to them isn't actually the person that did - herpes can lie dormant for years without presenting symptoms so it's entirely feasible that the OP has been carrying it around for years and caught it from a past partner not their most recent - there actually is no way of knowing for sure who it was caught from
You can't be tested for it unless you have symptoms either - this from the NHS website:
The test cannot:

be done if you do not have visible blisters or sores

tell you how long you have had herpes or who you got it from
So whilst it is undeniably frustrating to have contracted it - throwing potentially (and likely) false accusations around is both harmful and wrong.

Posted
9 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

There is no such medication for herpes either HSV-1 or HSV-2 - to either immunise against catching it or cure it if you have it.
As I said further up it's only immoral if you "knowingly" pass it on and in the case of herpes many don't know they have it or have symptoms to lead themselves to believe they might have it.
In fact it's entirely feasible that the person the OP *thinks* gave it to them isn't actually the person that did - herpes can lie dormant for years without presenting symptoms so it's entirely feasible that the OP has been carrying it around for years and caught it from a past partner not their most recent - there actually is no way of knowing for sure who it was caught from
You can't be tested for it unless you have symptoms either - this from the NHS website:
The test cannot:

So whilst it is undeniably frustrating to have contracted it - throwing potentially (and likely) false accusations around is both harmful and wrong.

Also worth noting - I believe because the two are different, you can get passed hsv-1 to a geniral area if one person has a cold sore that's blistering but that doesn't mean you have hsv-2.. once it clears up you wont get outbreaks of genital herpes (hsv-2). At least that's what I always understood 😁

Posted
11 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

The test cannot:

Lol...there is such a medication. I never said a cure, but it stops the symptoms so you can't pass it. You can be tested for all STD's when you ask for a test.I don't know what y'all have in the UK but it's different over here. That is why I always say here in the states. With herpes you can still catch it with a condom because it's a skin to skin contact especially if that person is having a episode. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Missy45 said:

Lol...there is such a medication. I never said a cure, but it stops the symptoms so you can't pass it. You can be tested for all STD's when you ask for a test.I don't know what y'all have in the UK but it's different over here. That is why I always say here in the states. With herpes you can still catch it with a condom because it's a skin to skin contact especially if that person is having a episode. 

The only medication relieves the symptoms but does not stop them completely - sexual contact during an episode/outbreak will still pass it on regardless of any medication.
You can indeed be tested for all STIs but in the case of genital herpes that test can only be done and is effective when you have an outbreak.
Now admittedly different health authorities have different approaches and legislations around pharmaceuticals so that may play a part but when it comes to testing there won't be a vast amount of difference.
Regardless of all that - the OPs assertions towards a specific individual having passed it on are flawed at best.

Posted
4 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

The only medication relieves the symptoms but does not stop them completely - sexual contact during an episode/outbreak will still pass it on regardless of any medication.
You can indeed be tested for all STIs but in the case of genital herpes that test can only be done and is effective when you have an outbreak.
Now admittedly different health authorities have different approaches and legislations around pharmaceuticals so that may play a part but when it comes to testing there won't be a vast amount of difference.
Regardless of all that - the OPs assertions towards a specific individual having passed it on are flawed at best.

Have you Google the medication?  It stops the outbreak from happening, so it will stop you from passing it. Just like the new medication for AIDS/HIV. I know it's hard to believe but it's real...lol.

As long as you have the virus in your system, it can be detected even if you don't have systems. 

Posted
34 minutes ago, Missy45 said:

Have you Google the medication?  It stops the outbreak from happening, so it will stop you from passing it. Just like the new medication for AIDS/HIV. I know it's hard to believe but it's real...lol.

As long as you have the virus in your system, it can be detected even if you don't have systems. 

I have indeed and whilst it can reduce the risk of transmission it isn't guaranteed to stop it completely.
Can only go on the UK for testing but as stated earlier in the UK the NHS website clearly states HSV-2 can only be tested for when symptoms are present.
Regardless of all that though my points about the potential immorality of passing it on stand - it's impossible to tell who you caught it from, unless you've only had sex once with one person, and it may have been contracted at any time over a number of years - not necessarily from your last partner.

Posted
20 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

I have indeed and whilst it can reduce the risk of transmission it isn't guaranteed to stop it completely.
Can only go on the UK for testing but as stated earlier in the UK the NHS website clearly states HSV-2 can only be tested for when symptoms are present.
Regardless of all that though my points about the potential immorality of passing it on stand - it's impossible to tell who you caught it from, unless you've only had sex once with one person, and it may have been contracted at any time over a number of years - not necessarily from your last partner.

At this point, we can agree to disagree. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Missy45 said:

At this point, we can agree to disagree. 

I don't actually think we do for the most part - more saying similar things in different ways and from different cultural perspectives.
Either way there's no value in going round the same circles for sure 👍🏻😊

Posted
There is no cure for the herpes virus. I know, I have it. The oral kind.
There are meds that treat the symptoms, reduce the severity and length of attack, but no cure.

Symptoms can take weeks to appear. The initial outbreak is often the worst and it's easily transmitted.

Not aware of any test for it but there may well be. As far as I'm aware it can only be passed on when the blisters appear as that's when its infectious.

Posted
38 minutes ago, BountyHunter said:

There is no cure for the herpes virus. I know, I have it. The oral kind.
There are meds that treat the symptoms, reduce the severity and length of attack, but no cure.

Symptoms can take weeks to appear. The initial outbreak is often the worst and it's easily transmitted.

Not aware of any test for it but there may well be. As far as I'm aware it can only be passed on when the blisters appear as that's when its infectious.

Who said it was a cure for herpes simplex 2?

Posted
3 hours ago, Missy45 said:

It doesn't stop the symptoms, it reduces them.

Posted
14 minutes ago, BountyHunter said:

It doesn't stop the symptoms, it reduces them.

Maybe y'all need to research a lot more before y'all come after folks. Your first statement was about a cure. I NEVER stated there was a cure. I don't like it when people put words in my mouth. Do you even take the medication, since you said you have it (the oral one, which SHOULD be Herpes simplex 1 and not 2). Most people have Herpes simplex 1 and it's not the STD one. If you haven't taken the medicine, don't try to explain what the medication do. You didn't even know they can test your *** to see if you have the virus or not. 

There is medication when there wasn't at the time so stop the outbreaks. I'm not going to argue and words will not be put in my mouth about this subject. 

Posted
22 minutes ago, Missy45 said:

Maybe y'all need to research a lot more before y'all come after folks. Your first statement was about a cure. I NEVER stated there was a cure. I don't like it when people put words in my mouth. Do you even take the medication, since you said you have it (the oral one, which SHOULD be Herpes simplex 1 and not 2). Most people have Herpes simplex 1 and it's not the STD one. If you haven't taken the medicine, don't try to explain what the medication do. You didn't even know they can test your *** to see if you have the virus or not. 

There is medication when there wasn't at the time so stop the outbreaks. I'm not going to argue and words will not be put in my mouth about this subject. 

Apologies if it seemed I was "coming after" you. I wasn't. Nowhere have I said anyone stated there was a cure and I'm certainly not "putting words in your mouth"

I have suffered from cold sores since early adulthood. I use Zovirax, have been prescribed oral tablets in the past. 

I have no idea about genital herpes but I do know that cold sores are infectious, I also know that it can be several months, sometimes years, between contracting the virus and displaying symptoms.

I'm also aware that they are slightly different strains of the same virus and, yes, I'm aware that most of us carry the Herpes Simplex 1.

Posted
5 minutes ago, BountyHunter said:

Apologies if it seemed I was "coming after" you. I wasn't. Nowhere have I said anyone stated there was a cure and I'm certainly not "putting words in your mouth"

I have suffered from cold sores since early adulthood. I use Zovirax, have been prescribed oral tablets in the past. 

I have no idea about genital herpes but I do know that cold sores are infectious, I also know that it can be several months, sometimes years, between contracting the virus and displaying symptoms.

I'm also aware that they are slightly different strains of the same virus and, yes, I'm aware that most of us carry the Herpes Simplex 1.

OP, was talking about Simplex 2 and I stated about the medication and someone said it's no cure, like I didn't know that. Every medication doesn't cure everything...look at covid. 

Posted

Considering the increasing commonality of STDs and the lax sex culture that is covering the western world I kind of want to demand a full STI panel before sex. I'm sure such a request would cause many women to get mad though.