What is immoral

Do****

Posted
7 hours ago, Mathbro said:

Considering the increasing commonality of STDs and the lax sex culture that is covering the western world I kind of want to demand a full STI panel before sex. I'm sure such a request would cause many women to get mad though. 

Trouble is firstly that you would still have to trust that the person concerned hadn't had sex with anyone else for at least 4 weeks *before* taking the test, and no-one *since* taking the test - and even then not all STIs are routinely tested for - HPV and HSV being two examples.
Having sight of a set of negative test results is no absolute "proof" that they are not carrying STIs unless you are 100% sure that they've not had sex for at least four weeks before testing and since testing *and* that they were tested for everything.
Each of us has to assess our own level of risk we are willing to take and take responsibility for our own sexual health, not rely on others to do so.

Posted

Perhaps some scientific fact will help:

There are two types of HSV:

HSV-1 causes oral herpes, which usually affects the mouth and surrounding skin.

HSV-2 causes genital herpes, which is usually sexually transmitted.

If a person has an HSV infection, they will have it for the rest of their life, though some people never develop symptoms. If symptoms occur, they reflect the type of HSV.

There is no cure for herpes, but treatment can help manage symptoms and reduce the likelihood of them recurring.

HSV is a common virus. According to the World Health Organization (WHO)Trusted Source, around 67% of people, globally, have an HSV-1 infection, and 11% have an HSV-2 infection.

The bit in bold is my emphasis. You may well be a carrier and know nothing about it. The very first indication may be when a partnet confronts you. The natural lay person reaction is to say quite truthfully "I've never had it". What the lay person means is they have never displayed the symptoms. BTW other research indicats that yo can replace the work some in rhe bold bit with most.

Posted

Can my partner pass herpes to me while taking valacyclovir?

In short, while valacyclovir doesn't completely block genital herpes transmission through sex and genital contact, using valacyclovir does lower your risk of catching herpes from a sexual partner.Jun 10, 2019

Posted
31 minutes ago, Missy45 said:

Can my partner pass herpes to me while taking valacyclovir?

In short, while valacyclovir doesn't completely block genital herpes transmission through sex and genital contact, using valacyclovir does lower your risk of catching herpes from a sexual partner.Jun 10, 2019

Precisely - the key phrases there being "doesn't completely block" and "does lower your risk" - it doesn't prevent it completely though, nor does that statement say how much the risk is lowered.
Either way that is all irrelevant to the OP which was about someone contracting HSV and blaming a specific person, to the point of naming and shaming them in their profile, when actually based on all that is known about HSV (some people may never get symptoms, others may not get them for months or even years after contracting it) they have no way of knowing if they actually did contract it from the person they are blaming anyway, or could have contracted it from someone years ago.
Here in the UK, HSV is not routinely tested for by sexual health clinics either, so even if the person they did catch it from had regular sexual health checks they may not know they have it.

Posted
3 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Precisely - the key phrases there being "doesn't completely block" and "does lower your risk" - it doesn't prevent it completely though, nor does that statement say how much the risk is lowered.
Either way that is all irrelevant to the OP which was about someone contracting HSV and blaming a specific person, to the point of naming and shaming them in their profile, when actually based on all that is known about HSV (some people may never get symptoms, others may not get them for months or even years after contracting it) they have no way of knowing if they actually did contract it from the person they are blaming anyway, or could have contracted it from someone years ago.
Here in the UK, HSV is not routinely tested for by sexual health clinics either, so even if the person they did catch it from had regular sexual health checks they may not know they have it.

Well, I stated how I wanted to state is as prevent. It's better than just freewilling giving to someone and you're not taking anything at all.

If the UK doesn't routinely doesn't screen for it doesn't mean other countries doesn't. My advice to is don't discourage people for wanting to seek people who wants to show them proof of their sexual health, and don't say what you can't or can be screen for in other people's countries. I try to be mindful that we have people all over the world on this site. I would go to their profile and check to see.

Posted
12 hours ago, Mathbro said:

Considering the increasing commonality of STDs and the lax sex culture that is covering the western world I kind of want to demand a full STI panel before sex. I'm sure such a request would cause many women to get mad though. 

Do what you know is best for you and your peace of mind. If they don't want to show you proof, then don't do it. They can always screen for all sexual transmitted diseases here in the states, so if they say they can't...they are lying. Especially, if they go to their routine physical. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Missy45 said:

Well, I stated how I wanted to state is as prevent. It's better than just freewilling giving to someone and you're not taking anything at all.

If the UK doesn't routinely doesn't screen for it doesn't mean other countries doesn't. My advice to is don't discourage people for wanting to seek people who wants to show them proof of their sexual health, and don't say what you can't or can be screen for in other people's countries. I try to be mindful that we have people all over the world on this site. I would go to their profile and check to see.

Where have I said that because the UK doesn't routinely screen for it it doesn't mean that others don't?
I've not discouraged anyone from wanting to see proof of someone else's sexual health either - I have however pointed out the undeniable *fact* that doing so is effectively meaningless without 100% *knowing* that person's recent sexual history.
Unfortunately there is a lot of naivety around sexual health regardless of the geography and it's important that people aren't falsely led to believe something without being aware of *all* the facts - I'd encourage anyone who is sexually active, and especially so if with multiple partners, again regardless of geography, to educate themselves about the various STIs, the risks with each and the impacts - something which sadly many do not do.
I'm not out to pick fights, honestly I'm not, but you seem determined to take exception and read more into than there is to anything I, and others have said, so suggest we leave it at that and agree to respectfully disagree.

Posted
5 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Where have I said that because the UK doesn't routinely screen for it it doesn't mean that others don't?
I've not discouraged anyone from wanting to see proof of someone else's sexual health either - I have however pointed out the undeniable *fact* that doing so is effectively meaningless without 100% *knowing* that person's recent sexual history.
Unfortunately there is a lot of naivety around sexual health regardless of the geography and it's important that people aren't falsely led to believe something without being aware of *all* the facts - I'd encourage anyone who is sexually active, and especially so if with multiple partners, again regardless of geography, to educate themselves about the various STIs, the risks with each and the impacts - something which sadly many do not do.
I'm not out to pick fights, honestly I'm not, but you seem determined to take exception and read more into than there is to anything I, and others have said, so suggest we leave it at that and agree to respectfully disagree.

Tell me why does our opinion warrants your opinion? We should be able to get on here free and comfortable to say our opinion without you coming back at us about ours. And you're right agree to disagree. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Missy45 said:

Do what you know is best for you and your peace of mind. If they don't want to show you proof, then don't do it. They can always screen for all sexual transmitted diseases here in the states, so if they say they can't...they are lying. Especially, if they go to their routine physical. 

Yes that's a good way to look at it but it's still a challenging issue just due to the fact many women will be offput by it.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Mathbro said:

Yes that's a good way to look at it but it's still a challenging issue just due to the fact many women will be offput by it.

True