Common scammer red flags

Posted
1 hour ago, ChicagoJim said:

The most obvious is their horrific misuse of the English language. Far too descriptive and over overflowing with words/phrasing that we simply don't use in America. And, Babe.. Hun.. Luv 🙄🙄🙄🙄

er jim, i use those oh and shugah

Posted
For me red flags are their responses are big paragraphs and don't reply to what you are asking. When they send a pic it's a different country or ask to go on a different app to chat like kik or other ones. When they ask for *** or tribute
Posted
If they ask for *** in the form of tributes. I'd steer clear of those. If they never ask you questions, not just Fet questions about yourself, if they start off with compliments and want to be your Sugar Daddy/Mama... The list goes on.
Posted
12 hours ago, diemetic said:
Idk why would there be scammers? Like I’m definitely not sending anyone here *** lol

In my experience, there are three types of fakes: bots, catfish, & scammers

😐 Many people (especially Gen-Z) mix up the terms, but the former two don't usually ask for *** and instead waste time. 😑

Posted
6 hours ago, ChicagoJim said:
The most obvious is their horrific misuse of the English language. Far too descriptive and over overflowing with words/phrasing that we simply don't use in America. And, Babe.. Hun.. Luv 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Actually the more descriptive shows a better understanding of the language (hence definitely not a bot), and good grammer shows they're not a lazy scammer (good scammers only go after the easiest prey). 👍 The last hurdle is to figure out if they're a catfish, because those can have a good or bad "speech check". 😉

Posted

Another red flag is if - like others have said - if they insist you move across another app that you don't recognise where their identity isn't verifiable and demand tribute to see more and only provide stock-looking images instead of selfies. Like... who's taking that pic? Bit sus my guys.

Also they don't have an answer when you ask them why they don't verify their account here on Fet / why they'd allow it to be deleted/hidden until moderators have verified the user? 

5 hours ago, Sinistry said:

I have mixed feelings about bots in other environments (gaming for example) but I’m intrigued by the advancement of the technology so occasionally I’ll respond to one to see how realistic it has gotten. I’ve had scammers using bots go as far as to call me and pretend they can’t hear because of bad signal (pre-recorded audio) and return to text as if there had been a legit effort to speak in person.

The point is I agree with this description. Anyone who immediately wants to lead you away from the origin site or wants to meet but offers excuses why you need to finance their travel is a bot or scammer.

This is just down right scary, the Skynet from Terminator but for perverts 😂. Breaks my soft squishy heart you know, thought I was going places with this dom, asked me what my red lines were 'n all but damn it, couldn't get verification :( Great that are sharing these tips, pays dividends to know what to look out for!

Posted
If they say we can meet but what will you bring me
Posted
5 hours ago, Missy45 said:
I have a quick question for those who are saying move to another app to talk better. Have you ever fell victim to someone like that. I'm just wondering because I like using an app. called justalk because everyone is not always on this app at the same time, and if you want to talk or meet up it is quicker to get in touch with someone. I also don't like giving out my number. That's another reason why I use that app because you get usernames instead of numbers and other personal information. My thing is if they don't want to talk on it, then I don't talk to them because I feel like it is something wrong. But, I always give them an opinion...we can stay on here or use a different app. If they ask me for my number then, I give my suggestions. If they don't use it, I move on.

I talked to a guy for a little bit on here. He wanted to text on Skype. Hadn’t had that on my phone for a LONG time. Redownloaded it. Texted him. He even called, but his voice just DIDNT seem to match his pic 🤔 I asked him to send me a new pic. Kept dodging me. Then I got serious and asked him to send me a pic with my name and date on it. “Don’t you trust me? I opened up to you!” Reported and blocked.

Posted
When they ask for ***, or if they tell you to spend *** on anything (ie. Pay as you go cards, green dot cards). I feel for one of these because I had never done online dating before, much less the BDSM kind, they seid it was "important for the contract" but then I did 2 seconds of research and found out, oh contracts cost nothing. I ended up losing ~200$. But my god was she good at virtual sex, very good at giving commands🤤
Also if you ask them to use your name but they keep calling you slave, pet, ECT
Posted
Nikki, I've told so called subs to do the same thing when things seemed off
Posted
Asking for *** gets them blocked immediately - if they call you Dear - that's another red flag
Posted
Anyone the slides into your messages and saying they’re looking for a sugar baby right off the bat. Usually comes with a “here’s what your allowance will be” and a list of ways to contact them off-app.
Posted
Just remember that 90% of the people that message you are full of shit😁
Keep that in mind and you’ll be just fine..🤪
Posted
When they ask you to go to Google meet
Posted
4 hours ago, NaughtyNikki33 said:

I talked to a guy for a little bit on here. He wanted to text on Skype. Hadn’t had that on my phone for a LONG time. Redownloaded it. Texted him. He even called, but his voice just DIDNT seem to match his pic 🤔 I asked him to send me a new pic. Kept dodging me. Then I got serious and asked him to send me a pic with my name and date on it. “Don’t you trust me? I opened up to you!” Reported and blocked.

That's why I like the app I use so I can video chat as well. If I don't feel right, I would block too.

Posted
Want to change the platform right at the start of a chat to continue the chat, call you dear, ask for *** or gift cards.
Posted
Or invest in bitcoin
Posted
When their profile starts with Am, as in I am looking for, or they are on this site looking for soulmate, one true love, serious man. Looks like their photos were done at a photo shoot, and they all seem to have that one pose where they are looking into the mirror with phone held at an impossible angle LOL.
Posted
Yes, the photos are a good giveaway
Posted
are u saying regular people don't hire photographers for their social media pfps
Posted
Yeah insisting on immediately moving conversation to another platform is a big one. If it stays here and they get blocked, they're blocked.

Also funny conversation I had with a scammer:

Them:
"You sound crazy and stupid."
"I'm going to reveal your activity on your device on your public Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc, ruin your life, bla bla"

Me:
Oh yeah? What's the MAC address for my device?

Them:
I don't need to talk with you anymore

Me:
Who's stupid now?
Posted

talking about moving to another platform as a red flag, how many ppl on here like me use phones that r not capable of supporting the ap for fet so need to go to mobile numbers to continue,?if so its not necessarily a scammer

Posted
13 hours ago, rob1982 said:

are u saying regular people don't hire photographers for their social media pfps

quite true, particularly for mtf trans it can be a gr8 pleasure to be photoed after a day of girlie pampering, and then upload to here, I'm certainly planning on doing so when i next get the chance

Posted

thinking on my last two comments I 'm getting worried that some of this is getting close to a 'mine is the only way' approach, please before posting consider whether ppl have different requirements, e.g. use of another platform can be a disability issue, different gender identities may have different ways wrt pictures, and there are undoubtedly others that ppl will do without being scammers

Posted
Honestly they are very few and far between as this site has actually done an amazing job out keeping the bot camspam off this site!