Guys, It’s ok to be angry. Just put it where it belongs

CopperKnob

Posted
14 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

Well I would have invited you but Jen totally blanked me and didn't allow me to send my Colin so I've decided I'm not going any more 😂😂 (she was the only sensible one amongst you 😂)
Feel free to invite me round for baked goods though 😁

And did you reflect upon your own behaviour as to why that might have been?

Posted
4 minutes ago, BadBoy-94 said:

I think most men are frustrated because they are getting slapped with a bunch of uncalled for  labels, solely because of their gender. Especially in cases like mine where all we did was try to be gentlemen and care about others.

Most of us men have learned how much we supposedly suck and how privileged we are in college when all we wanted to do was get our degrees. We don't want to be constantly reminded. Then again, maybe universities in the U.K. don't teach "I hate white male" studies like they do in the U.S.A. 

Moreover, I think treating strangers disrespectfully because of some weird ass "need to feel safe" does more harm than good, but I will let Darwinism run its course there. Because that's not an excuse in my book. If you feel unsafe or are being harassed, you report someone to the police. Period. 

The explanation is in the OP👍🏻
And I'm glad that various privileges are being discussed within education in the USA. Hopefully it will start sinking in, for some

Posted
6 minutes ago, Lockfairy said:

Yay!

I’ve got to go to work now. No sneaking any cakes and kink without me you lot! 😘

It wont be the same without you!!! 😘

Posted
4 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

And did you reflect upon your own behaviour as to why that might have been?

I did.. and I came to the conclusion that she must be a Colin hater 😂

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

The explanation is in the OP👍🏻
And I'm glad that various privileges are being discussed within education in the USA. Hopefully it will start sinking in, for some

Wow, so because of how "bad the harassment/stalker problem is", strangers should treat other strangers in an undignified manner like the OP suggests. 

Wow, what a way to rationalize rude female behavior... Smh....

Looks like someone's mom didn't teach yet anoter one of their daughters the Golden Rule

Edited by BadBoy-94
Posted
4 minutes ago, BadBoy-94 said:

Moreover, I think treating strangers disrespectfully because of some weird ass "need to feel safe" does more harm than good, but I will let Darwinism run its course there. Because that's not an excuse in my book. If you feel unsafe or are being harassed, you report someone to the police.

I have a 'weird-ass' need to feel safe. Luckily, it did more good than harm when it kept me safe recently when things could have gone very wrong had I not had it. 

And as for 'report someone to the police', they can't always do anything. My ex broke into my house. I called the police. They took their reports, they investigated. The upshot was, they weren't able to charge him because of technicalities in the law. 

So I'll keep on with my 'weird-ass' need to feel safe, and if you, or anyone else, feels threatened by that, then you folks are the people Copper has written this post to. 

Posted

How refreshing a new men suck/let's bash men essay post. We just don't see enough of this, had been almost 24 hours passed since the last one.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

How refreshing a new men suck/let's bash men essay post. We just don't see enough of this, had been almost 24 hours passed since the last one.

You're reading the OP through your MRA tinted glasses and seeing something that isn't actually said.
I think that there's a reason for that
Read it again and you'll see how the OP is not bashing all men or any men at all

Posted
5 minutes ago, GoodGirlBetterBrat said:

I have a 'weird-ass' need to feel safe. Luckily, it did more good than harm when it kept me safe recently when things could have gone very wrong had I not had it. 

And as for 'report someone to the police', they can't always do anything. My ex broke into my house. I called the police. They took their reports, they investigated. The upshot was, they weren't able to charge him because of technicalities in the law. 

So I'll keep on with my 'weird-ass' need to feel safe, and if you, or anyone else, feels threatened by that, then you folks are the people Copper has written this post to. 

GoodgirlBetterBrat, nobody is telling you to be stupid. I don't walk around with my Rolex watch and in my suit in a back alley in downtown at 1 A.M. as an example. Obviously, trust your gut instinct. But being rude to all strangers for no reason is what I was arguing against.

All I was saying is that most men are sick and tired of this constant man-bashing bullshit and being labeled as toxic  for no reason other than our gender.... 

And no, we don't feel "threatened" by your behavior. At most, most of us level-headed men just gonna ignore you. And we won't be the ones to cry "Why can't I find a good man?". ;)

And your ex broke into your house? Wow, I think your taste in men says more about you than your posts....  

Posted
12 minutes ago, GoodGirlBetterBrat said:

It's strange how half the population feel the need to keep themselves safe and the other don't.
If making choices and if those choices diminish my life keeps me safe, that's exactly what I'll keep doing
Some peoples privilege is showing

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Shirt-n-Tie-Boy said:

Kudos to you for telling the world what CopperKnob really meant to say with her OP that's become a broken record these days.

Edited by BadBoy-94
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

You're reading the OP through your MRA tinted glasses and seeing something that isn't actually said.
I think that there's a reason for that
Read it again and you'll see how the OP is not bashing all men or any men at all

It's attempting to prevent the critique of female behavior by shifting the blame onto men. It absolutely is an indirect "bashing" hidden behind a given reason.

I don't think everything you wrote is wrong but I do think it's substantially exaggerated and it fails to consider the other side.

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
23 minutes ago, PJ3000 said:

It wont be the same without you!!! 😘

Aw, shucks ❤️

Posted
20 minutes ago, BadBoy-94 said:

I think most men are frustrated because they are getting slapped with a bunch of uncalled for  labels, solely because of their gender. Especially in cases like mine where all we did was try to be gentlemen and care about others.

Most of us men have learned how much we supposedly suck and how privileged we are in college when all we wanted to do was get our degrees. We don't want to be constantly reminded. Then again, maybe universities in the U.K. don't teach "I hate white male" studies like they do in the U.S.A. 

Moreover, I think treating strangers disrespectfully because of some weird ass "need to feel safe" does more harm than good, but I will let Darwinism run its course there. Because that's not an excuse in my book. If you feel unsafe or are being harassed, you report someone to the police. Period. 

I don't think most men are frustrated. I think that most men are beginning to realise the stakes, at least over here and particularly among the younger generations. Certainly very few misandrist quarters presume to tell me or my contemporaries that we suck.

Treating strangers disrespectfully is expecting them to reply and communicate with you as if they owe you something regardless of their existing commitments and boundaries. Nobody needs an excuse to not engage with somebody they don't know. Period.

Posted
Only when women say things with absolute clarity do men attempt to "read between the lines"... the insecurity is thick in here folks 🙃
Posted
6 minutes ago, BadBoy-94 said:

And your ex broke into your house? Wow, I think your taste in men says more about you than your posts....  

The fuck is this shit???

Posted
32 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

Blasphemy!! 😲

On another note, I topped up my ice cream stash today. You're all invited over to help me eat it, just don't look at the state of my floor. Or shelves. In fact come blindfolded. No, wait, don't 😳

Before we all jump up and travel over to @Aranhis' house, he doesn't always choose 'good' icecream. Just wanted to share my intel so you can all make consensual and enthusiastic decision. Particularly at the cost of diesel 😂😂

Posted
If you don't trust me, if you are suspicious of me, then that's not my problem, that's your problem.
Posted
2 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

Before we all jump up and travel over to @Aranhis' house, he doesn't always choose 'good' icecream. Just wanted to share my intel so you can all make consensual and enthusiastic decision. Particularly at the cost of diesel 😂😂

Ooooh, the betrayal! 🤣🤣

Posted
7 minutes ago, GenXsub said:

If you don't trust me, if you are suspicious of me, then that's not my problem, that's your problem.

Right you are. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, sigbro said:

It's attempting to prevent the critique of female behavior by shifting the blame onto men. It absolutely is an indirect "bashing" hidden behind a given reason.

I don't think everything you wrote is wrong but I do think it's substantially exaggerated and it fails to consider the other side.

No. No it's not.
It's empathising that cis-het men are raised with a particular unhelpful mentality. Particularly within our generations and those which came before us
It's saying that due to the behaviour of SOME men, women often don't feel safe
It's explaining the reasons why we often don't feel safe and whether that's irrational or not, it's the reality.
It's suggesting that once we have an awareness of and understand the above things become easier for all genders

An example
Some people get hit by vehicles. We know then that some vehicles have the potential to hurt us. We don't avoid all vehicles because that will be silly. We do however demonstrate caution around them

Posted
10 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

He's still making me tea so I'm going regardless!!! Besides.. pretty much all ice-cream is good ice-cream!

I think theres some people who need to re-read the OP and understand it better. Theres a reason I'm not offended by it, im happily enjoying the sunshine without a care in the world 😁☀️

Posted
9 minutes ago, GenXsub said:

It's a cultural and societal problem

Posted
27 minutes ago, BadBoy-94 said:

Kudos to you for telling the world what CopperKnob really meant to say with her OP that's become a broken record these days.

And here's the other thing, if our voices aren't being silenced words are being placed in our mouths
I wonder if Emily Davison felt the same