Fake Issues

co****

Posted

As I am fairly new here, my naivety has knocked me on my rump recently. The question I pose, what to do when discovering that someone is indeed, a fake?

Posted
I want to know how to deal with fakes on here too. I am brand new to this app and don't want to have scammers messaging me.
Posted
Leave them bloke them nd forget about them not worth ur time 🙏❤️ wish you the best
Posted
Just block em and move on? Or put them on blast.
Posted
Move On. Require Duo What’sApp or FT verification
Posted
Report them and be cautious about giving personal info, pictures, *** until you know they are real.
Posted
Just cut ties and move on honestly
Posted
14 minutes ago, BrokenViking82 said:
I want to know how to deal with fakes on here too. I am brand new to this app and don't want to have scammers messaging me.

Report them! Always report anyone that doesn't seem right

Posted
If it's a fake, as in scammer, or someone who is abusive then report and block them.
If it's someone who turns out to be a time waster, I think that is different.. people have their own reasons for being on here and other similar sites. I have found that often people don't actually know what they want. So whilst someone might state they are interested in NSA or threesomes etc, if they have little or no experience, then you might find they are a bit hot and cold with regards meeting or arranging anything. I've been let down a few times and whilst it was frustrating at the time, I think it's important to remember that we all have our own lives outside of the kink world and sometimes that gets in the way. So I try to be as understanding as possible if things don't go to plan.
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, country_girl said:

As I am fairly new here, my naivety has knocked me on my rump recently. The question I pose, what to do when discovering that someone is indeed, a fake?

The subject of whether someone is 'fake' or not is a contentious one. First we need to establish what constitutes a fake? Is it someone who makes demands right off bat? well maybe that's just their style. Is it someone who wants you to use a title straight away? Maybe that's their kink. 

Lots of things can be easily explained away by looking at it from a different perspective. 

My belief is that someone is being 'fake' when they are simply not who they say they are. And this can apply to either side of the slash. For example, someone posing as a Dominant type with 20 years experience when in reality they've watched a few movies. On the flip side, what about a submissive type that plays the part initially but in reality is looking for someone to be a sugar-daddy and didn't make that clear from the start. Of course it's easy to spot the ones that ask you to sign up to another website or join them on WhatsApp in their first message.

My advice is take your time, Vet, ask questions and follow your gut. Try not to call people fake just because their style doesn't match yours. But if your gut is telling you they are a fake then withdraw from contact. Block them everywhere and if necessary report their profile. 

Then pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. 

Edited by SirArchA
typo
Posted
Same as you do with everything else, accept sometimes there are scammers, fakes, conmen out there, leave them behind and don't get so trusting without proof that you let them use you. Now, I have $10m left to me by a Nigerian prince and I need someone to put it in their bank account so the authorities won't take it as tax...
Posted

Block and report, but i tend to ignore once i find out they are not legitimate.  There is a difference between the fakes on here to scam to those faking it for a bit of sex on the side.  Both just get blocked.  Iv'e been around too long to let it worry me now, as i have come across so many of both types.

Posted
Report and block and send notice to warn others
DarkArts1066
Posted
Report and block. If the person is abusive towards you, and some can be when you call them out… then the more people you tell the safer everyone becomes.

I was recently sent a transcript of a message received by someone on here - from another party - who has since been blocked, banned and hopefully, shot at dawn. At the very least, I hope they were reported to the police and investigated.
I served in the Bosnian conflict, and have seen some pretty unpleasant things over the years…. But the stuff that guy wrote literally put the hairs on the back of my neck up.
The lady in question who sent me the transcript wanted my advice on what to do. Initially his story didn’t add up. Then, the *** started when she questioned him…
Posted
As everyone else has said if it's a true fake..report and block. If it a time waster...move on...but no matter which one never ever give ***
Posted
I always block and report fake accounts.
Posted

tbh you will get fakes and users on most sites you visit, not unique to here.  It's just as bad on vanilla sites so not just kink. 

Posted
Read a few of the comments and I think it's all about what kind of fake. A scammer? Report and block. A catfish? Well, move on and block if you want to, but is that reportable? Are old pics worse than filtered pics? Idk. Are they fake bc they are posing as a Dom but really they're just an idiot with some 50 Shades of Grey ideas? Well.... fake there is a matter of opinion. What's fake to me won't be to a girl who wants a mostly vanilla bf who's happy to pull her hair and spank her on occasion.