Compersion

jo****

Posted
Absolutely, the capacity lies within all of us
Posted
Well I have no idea because I don’t know what that compersion word means. It’s saying it’s not even a word in my keyboard 😂 💀
Posted
Not this brat, anyway. I don't think the two ideas are necessarily mutually exclusive, but we probably do lean towards being competitive, and possessive isn't a big leap from that.
Posted
That really depends. I assume it’s the same as cuck kinks. Different strokes for different folks.
Posted

"The term compersion refers to a positive feeling that comes when knowing that a partner has been sexual or intimate with somebody else. But don't look for it in the dictionary; it doesn't even exist there! Compersion is a term that is mostly used in polyamorous circles or among people who practise ethical non-monogamy"

YW. :P

Posted
I am not competitive, so does that make me not a brat Lady_Char?.😭😂💖
Posted
26 minutes ago, kiseu said:
I am not competitive, so does that make me not a brat Lady_Char?.😭😂💖

You'd have to ask yourself that, but "we probably lean towards" leaves plenty of room for exceptions. #semantics

Posted
1 hour ago, BruiseWayne said:

"The term compersion refers to a positive feeling that comes when knowing that a partner has been sexual or intimate with somebody else. But don't look for it in the dictionary; it doesn't even exist there! Compersion is a term that is mostly used in polyamorous circles or among people who practise ethical non-monogamy"

YW. :P

I confess I had to look it up 🤣 my initial reaction was "that's not a word!" Lol

Posted
I think compersion in a brat is a wonderful thing. A brat going out of their way to make Daddy feel good a preference.
Posted

Another fake made-up word. It used to be known as 'being a cuckold'.

Posted
On 8/28/2022 at 4:39 PM, wicklowdom said:

Another fake made-up word. It used to be known as 'being a cuckold'.

All words are made up.

Like 'cuckold' for example. We just made that shit up one day, lol.

Unless there's some words that exist out there in nature I'm not aware of...

Posted
30 minutes ago, BruiseWayne said:

All words are made up.

Language evolves - it isn't 'made up' in the sense you mean. This and other fake words are made up in that sense, because they're a deliberate attempt to stand common sense on its head. 

Posted
I am polyamorous and a brat. I absolutely have compersion for anyone in my close circle. Love in any form is not possessive. I am genuinely happy for the well-being and fulfillment of my partners and friends-even if that means I'm not part of the equation. I think it takes work not to be jealous/insecure and a lot of self reflection, but it's possible.
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, wicklowdom said:

Language evolves - it isn't 'made up' in the sense you mean. This and other fake words are made up in that sense, because they're a deliberate attempt to stand common sense on its head. 

That's true too, and I don't wanna get into a whole semantics debate, but at one point or another if you go back far enough all words are/were just 'made up' so calling a word fake because it didn't originate from some other primordial sound and you just find it disagreeable is kinda silly. If someone is trying to be a nitwit by making up ridiculous shit then fine yeah call it out but I don't believe anyone is trying to be insincere when they use a word like 'compersion'. Just let the folks have their fun. :P

Edited by BruiseWayne
Posted
3 minutes ago, BruiseWayne said:

That's true too, and I don't wanna get into a whole semantics debate, but at one point or another if you go back far enough all words are/were just 'made up' so calling a word fake because it didn't originate from some other primordial sound and you just don't like the way it sounds is kinda silly. If someone is trying to be a nitwit by making up ridiculous shit then fine yeah call it out but I don't believe anyone is trying to be insincere when they use a word like 'compersion'. Just let the folks have their fun. :P

I'll allow people to make stuff up - don't want to sound like a pensioner. But I feel an allergic reaction to the word, is all I'm sayin.... :)

Posted
16 minutes ago, wicklowdom said:

I'll allow people to make stuff up - don't want to sound like a pensioner. But I feel an allergic reaction to the word, is all I'm sayin.... :)

Lol, alright fair enough. :)

Posted
Just to chime in here, there are so many words/acronyms/genres sub genres/ labels. It’s tough to keep up. And it can get frustrating at times. But to get mad at the word compersion seems a little aggressive… 🤣
scientistxSaturday
Posted
I can be very bratty and very compersiony, I don't usually get very jealous, my princessy demanding tendencies aren't really wrapped up with my metamours, they're about what I want, and sometimes what I want specifically from them, and ways in which I wish to toy specifically with my partner. My dream relationship has lots of people so in the right situation more people is a good thing and watching them being taken care of means I'm on track and what Ive been doing works.

If my partner is being pleased in a way i havent been able to do. I like having the information I wouldntve had otherwise that its possible to please them in that way, it encourages me to apply myself. Sometimes I do feel guilty but thats easy enough to process n discuss for me. I'll discuss it with them, try to get the data n tutoring I need and try to work on that skill/area till either I can do it just as well as my metamour or I'm sure that it's not my path and I'll look for other ways to contribute
Posted
On 8/29/2022 at 11:27 PM, BruiseWayne said:

quite a lot of history in cuckold.  Cuckoos don't raise their own young.  They sneakily lay their eggs in other birds nests.  The birds will then incubate the eggs think it's their own, then when hatched, feed and teach the bird (flight etc) until they realise it's not their own - and even by then they're invested so might just stick with it

so cuckold as a term has hundreds of years of history - but it's wildly evolved.  So, to be a cuckold, your wife has to cheat, get pregnant and you raise the child as your own - and either not knowing, or not acknowledging, that the child is not yours - even if half the village actually already knows/suspects

So it's current/common usage doesn't really match it's origin

--

however

compersion has relatively little to do with cuckold.   It can exist in any ENM situation where the participant is happy their partner is getting some.  My wife has this a lot. (Not to say they don't sometimes get jealous - but - more so happy I'm doing fun things and always coming back to them)

I think it's not a massively common used term - and seems to have only been coined in the 1970s (which does make it older than 'BDSM' yet no one says that is a new-fangled made up word) but perhaps used a little more as ENM is talked about more.