Switch = Greedy ????

Switch_brat

Posted

So I’m very new to the scene I know what I like and that is being both Dom and sub depending on the situation, in no way am I confused or unsure about what I like I just like to do both, however after explains this to someone and showing my results from the bdsmtest.org i was called greedy 

personally I know this isn’t true I would just like to know others opinions and would also love to hear from other switch type people

Posted

I'm a switch and know a few - and one friend did pretty much said "you say being a switch is greedy like it's a bad thing"

What I have found though is there are some who identify as switch not because they (necessarily) are but in the hope it boosts their options 

PhantomFlogger
Posted

switches are rare, most people pick a side once they get into BDSM in a big way.. sometimes one may identify as a switch but really mean they like the "struggle" for power but like to end up on top, or end up on bottom, i wouldnt say thats a switch.

But if you feel you are 100% one then 100% the other then more power/ weakness to you!

But like blacksheep said, most vanillas come into this with the mindset that equality is being equal so try to be both, and it obviously helps with learning if youre willing to be both sides of the slash. But most people pick one side over the other eventually, and those who dont.. well they are special 😊

Its not greedy, taking all the control or taking all the hits is greedy.. sharing both sides id the opposite of gready

Posted

Nope, nothing greedy about being a switch it is simply who you are

Posted

I am a switch,  but seldom find subs who wish to play and therefore I am almost always a sub. I think to be a Dominant  man He should look the part  and I dont.  Women need not look th epart but for women to feel sub to a guy I think his dominat appearance matters.

Posted

I think appearance can and can't matter for anyone.

This could be a totally different separate topic, but I think there are similarities in both M/f and F/m - the similarities are that - in too many cases the guy is happy for any form of play with anyone willing/able - but the Lady in most cases wants some form of trust.   

From my switch experience - I've only been the Dominant party with someone whose trust I've built up over time, so people who I know quite well.   From a submissive side of things I have in some cases been thrust into a scenario or seen many happy to be thrust in.

I was at a club once and a Lady basically went "You, boy... at my feet" and I was on the decks quite quickly (there is a lot of context missing from this - it was a Femdom event and she was with a mutual friend who gave a signal we were both "alright") but imagine a guy doing this to a female sub he doesn't know...

Posted

Not at all greedy. There is nothing wrong with enjoying, wanting and being good at both sides. It's just how people are, we're all different. No offense but that person sounds very narrow minded with their 'must pick a side' attitude.

I hope you fullfill your desires and get to enjoy the whole cake 😉

Posted
13 hours ago, Dearelliot said:

I am a switch,  but seldom find subs who wish to play and therefore I am almost always a sub. I think to be a Dominant  man He should look the part  and I dont.  Women need not look th epart but for women to feel sub to a guy I think his dominat appearance matters.

For me, it's nothing at all to do with appearance. What matters to me is that I see the person in some kind of dominant role with others and/or I trust them and to do that I need to have known them for a decent period of time first. I play with a number of switchy  Tops  of all sexes. I have also said no to several switchy guys who I've never seen in any position but submissive and who have mythered me within moments of meeting me for play.  I need to know that the person I play with knows what they're doing and trust that they'll look after me. That's what really matters. 

PhantomFlogger
Posted

Imagine being a soldier.. not many other images say MAN!

Uniform, fitness, a modern day warrior fighting to save our country. The most manliest of jobs requires you to be broken down and built up via physical excursion, discipline and Dominant people telling submissives whats to do without question.

Can a soldier submit to his superiors and still be an authority to his inferiors?  

I think so

Join the British Army "be the best" switch

Posted

I dont think that the person you talked to understood you properly. If you are a switch then acting on that is not greedy, its just being who you are and being comfortable during a scene. I think that you should just ignore whatever was said and move on. No point dwelling on something that makes you miserable with being yourself. 

Posted

To echo what most on this page have been saying, there's nothing "greedy" about not wanting to limit yourself to a certain role if you know you enjoy both. 

Obviously we don't know the exact context in which the comment was made, but it feels like a very negative comment from what you've said - there's no place for (non-consentual! 😉) negativity in life. You be you! 

Posted

I'd also say for those who are not switches it is not "limiting yourself" - at the end of the day, it's all about what makes us tick - and some people know there's things they wouldn't get enjoyment from.