Chat problems

Posted

When i joined this website more than a month ago, the chat options were working properly, red dot on the three lines when someone texts on while in chat room, even if you are in the inbox, messages arrive without lagging, etc. 

But now I have to refresh everytime i want to receive a new message, of course the prior ordering of messages also changes. I sometimes have to leave the chat rooms and refresh if i am talking to someone while in the chat room, then after I have sent them a reply, i go back to the chat room and leave it again,  then enter it just so I can text again. Please look into this. Maybe the messages are getting an auto-postback property that is not being executed 

Posted
I get the impression there isn't a team to adequately support the product (the website) on an on-going basis. I wouldn't be surprised if the site owners simply paid for the development work of the site and then thought they could just keep it working perpetually. Code becomes stale after awhile. More users join that can highlight scaling issues amongst other things. I think there needs to be a product team who can actively maintain the site with code changes; patches and so on. Maybe I'm wrong and this isn't the case but it's what usually happens
Posted
When I used the word "support" I meant it to mean "support the product" not "support the user". :) I feel like there isn't anyone writing and changing code to work on the performance issues mentioned by sid (I work in software development). But the link to their support channels may be useful in making them aware of the situation and possibly giving people advice on how to minimise issues with the chat (e.g using a different browser) but I think it's akin to "making the best out of a bad situation". Hopefully they can make some improvements before it looks like a 90s geocities esque site :)
Posted

I also work in software development.  I think to work on the performance issues they do need to be aware of them.   Mind, I do think it'd be nice for more new features :) 

Posted

The site is a little clunky. It does not like Android devices too much or older IE browsers. Seems to work best in Firefox for me.

Posted

Hi. Thanks for your comments.  Whenever there are issues, as noted above please always report to our support team with as much info about the issue as possible - that's what they are there for.  We're working hard on bringing you all a new native app which will be available soon.