Chatroom Rules For Those Who Don't Find Them Clear.

Je****

Posted

As we know, there is a chat room/or 3 here on Fet. 

Many people regular the chat rooms and being in there (almost) daily myself, we see a lot of new people come in to the rooms not knowing the etiquette, what to do or say, and what is and isn't permitted. Many say they cannot find chat rules when they enter, and to be fair, the site doesn't make them very easy to find. (I cannot speak for app users, as I personally do not use the app). 

So perhaps this post, if I have a firm understanding and I am accurate, can be used as a guide to link new people to, to help their chat experience, and those who are new, get the most of the chat benefits.

1. **Don't be a dick**. Be polite, respectful and treat the room as if you are all in person in a pub. Speak to those, how you wish to be spoken to.

2a. **No seeking in chat**. This includes asking for Dm's, looking for users in your area, asking for picture & video exchanges, or looking for a Dominant/submissive or any other partner. 

2b. Instead you have the option to use filters on your home page to find those local, checking "browse" on the site, and placing a personal ad on your profile. Any other issues please contact a greeting FetMod who would have inboxed you when joining.

3. **No selling, offering to buy, mention of *** or exchange of goods**. This is not allowed site wide. Mods will remove (usually) member who do this. This includes "sugar babies/mummys/daddys and Findoms".

4. **Advertising and external links are NOT allowed**. This includes links to other sites and pages, promoting other sites or pages and personal advertising such as OnlyFans etc. Sure, other sites are mentioned from time to time, but please don't come here to pull others out.

5a. **No bullying, harassing, mocking or insulting other users**. We are all here as a kind and accepting community, to make friends, learn and educate one another. Users doing these things will be reported.

5b. On the other side of the coin, it would be beneficial for the more regular and seasoned users to remain calm and collected, speak kindly and guide new people unfamiliar with how the community works. No bandwagons, insults or mocking those who are lost or new. This will also be reported.

6. If there are any problems or concerns and you need help, there is a Mod "call for help" toggle in the chat which you may use to get a Fetmods attention, alternatively you can report comments in chat for support.

7. No roleplaying. This includes acting out scenes, little speak, bratting people not in a dynamic with you, sexual and kink scenarios ***d on other people in chat. Consent is the most sexy trait here. 

8. No mention of ***, weapons, illegal or underage activities. This should be common sense to keep the place safe and inviting. 

9. If a FetMod or another member asked you to Stop, please Stop and keep the flow of things calm and pleasant for everyone else. Other rooms are available to Premium and VIP members who wish to hold Munches, Heavy topics and have games.

10. No excessive Gif usage or Spam. This is to help the flow of chat carry on smoothly and comments not be missed. 

11. Please don't be offended if your comments are missed. People are very inviting and lovely and sometimes when chat is busy, things don't get seen right away. Just jump right in and introduce yourself!

12. Have fun, stay safe, and have a wonderful time on Fet. 

Hope this can maybe help Fet as these points are what are said 100x over on the daily to new members who have joined! 

Posted

Wanted to edit to include... 

**No kink shaming**. While kink and fetishes are involving everything and anything, when something isn't your cup of tea, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. Don't yuck someone else's yum. That's the beauty in us all being different. 🥰

Posted
its about the same on the app it doesn’t make it exactly the easiest thing in the world either its kind of hidden in setting altho its not extremely difficult to find either takes about 4 clicks
Posted
13. Don't tell shitty jokes. Leave the being hilarious to Kirk. **
Posted

This post been up like 10 min and already two new people in chat seeking right away. Please put some of these into the official rules and make it a pop up to agree to before entering chat 🙈🙈🤣🤣

Posted
10 minutes ago, kirkhetfield87 said:

13. Don't tell shitty jokes. Leave the being hilarious to Kirk. **

When does that start?

Posted

Erm it has been a longstanding tradition actually Charli!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Char__ said:

When does that start?

👌👌👌🤣🤣🤣🤣

Posted
6 minutes ago, Char__ said:

When does that start?

...You're both not funny. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, kirkhetfield87 said:

...You're both not funny. 

Are you having a conversation with yourself in the mirror again??? Remember we talked about this. It's still you, just your reflection.

Mz_Whiplash
Posted
3 hours ago, Finally_Jen said:

9. If a FetMod or another member asked you to Stop, please Stop and keep the flow of things calm and pleasant for everyone else. Other rooms are available to Premium and VIP members who wish to hold Munches, Heavy topics and have games.

What consists as a heavy topic ? 

Posted

👏👏👏👏

Great Post let's hope that it build momentum, and folk find a better pathway in chat. Its for everyone's benefit at the end of the day🫶

Posted
1 minute ago, Mz_Whiplash said:

What consists as a heavy topic ? 

The mod feeling on this seems to have evolved over the past year. It used to be if you were asked for a subject change, they backerd that person up and asked chat to move on.

Now the recommendation seems to be to leave and return when the chat has moved on to a subject you are more comfortable with.

It would be useful for the mods to clarify bc it causes confusion and arguing when a subject change is asked for, with older members remembering the previous rule.

Mz_Whiplash
Posted
4 minutes ago, Char__ said:

The mod feeling on this seems to have evolved over the past year. It used to be if you were asked for a subject change, they backerd that person up and asked chat to move on.

Now the recommendation seems to be to leave and return when the chat has moved on to a subject you are more comfortable with.

It would be useful for the mods to clarify bc it causes confusion and arguing when a subject change is asked for, with older members remembering the previous rule.

ty I know the topic change was removed from the rules ... I was wondering what Jen thought was as a heavy topic 

Posted
When you enter a chat room you will find 3 dots below each other at the top right, if you click on that the menu will open with the link to the chat rules
Posted
2 minutes ago, ThatsHard said:

When you enter a chat room you will find 3 dots below each other at the top right, if you click on that the menu will open with the link to the chat rules

That seems too complicated for most people tbh which is a sad reality.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Finally_Jen said:

That seems too complicated for most people tbh which is a sad reality.

As worrying as it is, it looks like it.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Mz_Whiplash said:

ty I know the topic change was removed from the rules ... I was wondering what Jen thought was as a heavy topic 

People talking about heavy cnc. ***. ***. R*pe. People who want to spill emotions in chat, in which people like yourself get fed up with or it triggers others. I've seen people recently talking about domestic ***, which set a lot of people off and triggered some horrid memories for some. Same with ***. 

However, I agree with Char and that was a main thing I forgot to touch on, if a mod can Clarify, 

"Do people who are triggered or upset by a topic 1. Leave? 2. Have the right to ask a convo to stop? 3. Ask a convo to be taken to another room?"

I am asking this on the basis of the lobby being a general chat. Not a "playing out kink and fetish" room. (I am aware there is a kink / fetish room some of these topics can go into, I am asking about the General Lobby) xx

Edited by Finally_Jen
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jed said:

👏👏👏👏

Great Post let's hope that it build momentum, and folk find a better pathway in chat. Its for everyone's benefit at the end of the day🫶

That's the hope. Trying to make it as welcoming for everyone in "general" lobby. I cannot speak for other rooms as I don't use them but I imagine they follow same set of rules overall, besides those that have been made for topic/game/roleplay specifics.

Mz_Whiplash
Posted

I think to stop that in general no one would feel understood id personally hate people not sharing there traumas to us in general ..... it can be a very light bulb moment realising ur not on ur own .... personally when i joined ... it helped me greatly ... we are all adults here after all ... and if i was triggered and I have been ... I've removed myself ... 1. I don't want people knowing my personal triggers.... and 2 i don't want attention brought to myself .... 3. its my trigger why should I expect others to stop their convo because of me.

Mz_Whiplash
Posted
14 minutes ago, Finally_Jen said:

People talking about heavy cnc. ***. ***. R*pe. People who want to spill emotions in chat, in which people like yourself get fed up with or it triggers others. I've seen people recently talking about domestic ***, which set a lot of people off and triggered some horrid memories for some. Same with ***. 

However, I agree with Char and that was a main thing I forgot to touch on, if a mod can Clarify, 

"Do people who are triggered or upset by a topic 1. Leave? 2. Have the right to ask a convo to stop? 3. Ask a convo to be taken to another room?"

I am asking this on the basis of the lobby being a general chat. Not a "playing out kink and fetish" room. (I am aware there is a kink / fetish room some of these topics can go into, I am asking about the General Lobby) xx

I think to stop that in general no one would feel understood id personally hate people not sharing there traumas to us in general ..... it can be a very light bulb moment realising ur not on ur own .... personally when i joined ... it helped me greatly ... we are all adults here after all ... and if i was triggered and I have been ... I've removed myself ... 1. I don't want people knowing my personal triggers.... and 2 i don't want attention brought to myself .... 3. its my trigger why should I expect others to stop their convo because of me.

Posted

Many different people and some cannot react the same and chat can become madness when it happens. Just one of them things. At the end of the day you can tell when a conversation is being helpful and guiding. You can also tell when it gets deep and dark and off track. 

At the end of the day the bits on where its triggery is for the Mod-in-room to intervene if necessary. 

I am still under the firm opinion that if someone is triggered for any reason, it's very cruel to have them triggered and be fiercely told to leave by 30 people. I think personally, more respectful to either stop or move it another room instead of shunning someone away. But it's not down to me. I'd just personally change my comments if I knew even one person was deeply affected by something. At least I try anyway xxx 

Posted

Getting to the chat rules is easy - regardless of the platform you are using:

From the Website - Hover your mouse over the CHAT link and a menu pops up. Move your mouse down to the 2nd item in the list "CHAT RULES" and click.

From the Mobile Browser - Tap CHAT at the top of your screen. This will open a list of chat rooms. In the top right hand corner you will see three lines (or dots) tap this and a menu will appear. The fifth item in the menu is Chat Rules.

From the Mobile App - Tap CHAT at the bottom of your screen. "Chat rooms" will appear at the top of your screen. Click this and you'll see a list of rooms. Join one (Lobby is easiest). Once in the room, click the three dots on the top right and a menu will appear at the bottom of your screen. The third item in the menu is Chat Rules.

Mz_Whiplash
Posted
42 minutes ago, 4RCH said:

From the Mobile App - Tap CHAT at the bottom of your screen. "Chat rooms" will appear at the top of your screen. Click this and you'll see a list of rooms. Join one (Lobby is easiest). Once in the room, click the three dots on the top right and a menu will appear at the bottom of your screen. The third item in the menu is Chat Rules.

that would be great but they are BROKEN.... 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Mz_Whiplash said:

that would be great but they are BROKEN.... 

what do you mean by “broken”? They all seem to be working ok.