Clarity

Ra****

Posted
What aspects (in your opinion) makes a successful d/s relationship?
Posted
A women that listens and obeys and is not scared to try new things
Posted
Honestly communication that is very important for both sides to have an absolute understanding of one another.
Posted
For me it boils down to communication and honesty. Not being afraid to talk about what's working, what's not. Being open about what you truly want and need. Beyond that it's just about a willingness to be there for your partner however they need and also to explore while appreciating boundaries and limits. Every d/s relationship is different. It's not a one shoe fits all sort of deal.
Posted
Open communication, honesty, trust , mutual interests …
Posted
Communication, respect....foundations of any relationship
Posted
Mutual respect is understated. While the D/S relationship is often fetishized, people who are knew or unfamiliar to the culture forget the most important element. Aftercare is pivotal.
Posted
Also listening if a dom tells their sub they don’t know what they want I do that’s not a dom that’s an ***r a dom will accept any info the sub has and respect it
Posted
There still must be a connection. A want and desire to be with one another and care for one another. If there is no caring then the kink does not have that edge (if you have experienced it you understand)
Posted
Everyone is already on the trust and communication train, so i will add acceptance. Accepting who you are and what you really want in order to forgo shame and hesitation. It coincides with honesty, but so many people live in denial because of societal pressures that i believe accepting yourself is a whole other obstacle.
Posted
Well that's true I believe acceptance is a big part of this
Posted
5 hours ago, K24 said:
Open communication, honesty, trust , mutual interests …

I think K24 has nailed this question. These are the four keystones to any successful relationship - kink, or otherwise.

Posted
Open communication, trust, respect. These aren't in opinion but necessities for any interactions to occur. Once these are established, you can play with ***, ***, and darker parts of the psyche so long as it all stems from keeping the baseline intact.
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Shamrock94 said:

For me it boils down to communication and honesty. Not being afraid to talk about what's working, what's not. Being open about what you truly want and need. Beyond that it's just about a willingness to be there for your partner however they need and also to explore while appreciating boundaries and limits. Every d/s relationship is different. It's not a one shoe fits all sort of deal.

You've had a lot of good answers here, stating the need for 'trust, honesty and communication, but to me, this comment is so far the best for summing up what other factors need to be considered for such a relationship to work.

When I've taken on a Sub, LG or Slave, from my experience, it's never just about the kinky sex. You have to look at them holistically and as stated, attend to or address those other needs if, where and when possible. 

If all parties in that dynamic/relationship are prepared and willing to put in the necessary efforts required, the results are very rewarding.

Edited by Shilo66
Posted

pretty much exactly the same as any successful non-D/s relationships

But while obviously honesty, communication, trust, respect

also

being free from retribution or retaliation : that is that either party can speak openly about likes, dislikes, relationship dynamic, play, progress, etc. without the other resorting to spite or pettiness.

i.e. sub says they can no longer do an activity the Dominant enjoys; the relationship will only continue to be successful if the Dominant accepts that, if they're going to start "well, I'm not going to do the thing you like" or argue etc. it's going to fall apart

if the sub doesn't say this because they're afraid of their partners reaction; it's also not a successful relationship

Posted
Same as any other relationship 100% upfront honesty and patience to build the trust
Posted
Trust, good communication and respect of human life. , common interests.