Advice needed on 24/7

Posted
I’ve been thinking about trying the 24/7 with my next sub/little
Posted
6 hours ago, YesDaddyYes said:

The app sounds awesome. What's the name of it?x

Did we ever the name of the app?

Posted

most people who I am aware of that live as what would be called 24/7 - at it's simplest it's unlike most fantasies.

there are different rules and boundaries you can establish with a prospective partner based on what works for you both - but - some of the things to watch out for is stuff like burnout and assorted fatigue.

Let's say, I dunno.  There's a rule that dinner will be ready for 6pm and there's a cane stroke for every minute late it is.  Someone shouldn't be stressed out if something goes badly wrong and it's 20 minutes late worried about 20 cane strokes.  It might actually get quite tedious always doing a couple of strokes because it's 2 minutes late.   A sub might get frustrated if they see rules being allowed to slide, but actually enforcing this places work onto the Dominant.  Sometimes you're just tired and any form of punishment is a form of labour.

That's just a wild example and it may very well be you don't have such a rule for that reason.  So it is working out kinda, what does work for you.   

Posted
I have been in a 24/7 relationship before, a very intense and strict relationship. Evey little bit of my past partners life was controlled.

We had known each other for years and we thought jumping right into would be fine with how much we previously played. But we were wrong. I won't lie, the reality of it is very different to the fantasy. It does become very draining and you do feel burned out, not only for the submissive but I also felt it as the dom as well. Especially at times when one person is in the mood and one person is not.

I would highly recommend starting very slow, but also you should have a clear plan of what the end goal is. What does your ideal 24/7 look like?
Are you wanting to be a maid, a pet, a little. This will of course change the rules and tasks you have and you can build apon that.

It's also important to try and stay away from repetitive tasks, like writing lines everyday. That very quickly sucks. But also try and not make everything sexual either. It's certainly quite the balance.

Even though my my 24/7 relationship only lasted a few months, and we both got burnt out. It's something I would like to do again, especially now I know what it's like.
Posted
17 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

most people who I am aware of that live as what would be called 24/7 - at it's simplest it's unlike most fantasies.

there are different rules and boundaries you can establish with a prospective partner based on what works for you both - but - some of the things to watch out for is stuff like burnout and assorted fatigue.

Let's say, I dunno.  There's a rule that dinner will be ready for 6pm and there's a cane stroke for every minute late it is.  Someone shouldn't be stressed out if something goes badly wrong and it's 20 minutes late worried about 20 cane strokes.  It might actually get quite tedious always doing a couple of strokes because it's 2 minutes late.   A sub might get frustrated if they see rules being allowed to slide, but actually enforcing this places work onto the Dominant.  Sometimes you're just tired and any form of punishment is a form of labour.

That's just a wild example and it may very well be you don't have such a rule for that reason.  So it is working out kinda, what does work for you.   

Thanks for the advice. I'll bear that in mind. And yeah I could see how tedious that would become after a while. And the burn out thing for both parties too.

Posted
14 hours ago, Foxter said:

I have been in a 24/7 relationship before, a very intense and strict relationship. Evey little bit of my past partners life was controlled.

We had known each other for years and we thought jumping right into would be fine with how much we previously played. But we were wrong. I won't lie, the reality of it is very different to the fantasy. It does become very draining and you do feel burned out, not only for the submissive but I also felt it as the dom as well. Especially at times when one person is in the mood and one person is not.

I would highly recommend starting very slow, but also you should have a clear plan of what the end goal is. What does your ideal 24/7 look like?
Are you wanting to be a maid, a pet, a little. This will of course change the rules and tasks you have and you can build apon that.

It's also important to try and stay away from repetitive tasks, like writing lines everyday. That very quickly sucks. But also try and not make everything sexual either. It's certainly quite the balance.

Even though my my 24/7 relationship only lasted a few months, and we both got burnt out. It's something I would like to do again, especially now I know what it's like.

I'm a little, so having certain rules on place to make feel safe, and basically to enrich my life as well as the Daddy's.

Posted
I have never heard of this before, this is a fascinating concept!
Posted
I found some really interesting articles on this dynamic. Thanks for bringing it up!
Posted
I’ve been up till recently in a 24/7 dynamic. Which is hard but overtime it will grow up on you and is the best thing I have ever experience.
Posted
24/7 is one of those fantasies which when you actually do it turns into a nightmare. I was married to a Dom and got into a 24/7 after she divorced me and I agreed to be a cuckold for her and her new bull who ended up living in my house for 3 yrs. Unless you have very strict agreements and a loving respect it can turn abusive as it did for me.
Posted
As a daddy I learnt quickly that 24/7 didn’t necessarily mean that literally but was definitely something I realised I enjoyed sharing with littles, first off is finding that someone you actually want to take that step with and both of you entering into it knowing and accepting that the ‘big world’ will and does impact how you can have a 24/7.

So finding a daddy/Dom that’s open and responsive to understanding your big world issues and coming up with rules/tasks that won’t impact it or that are unrealistic and prone to failure before even setting out on them.

Also it’s important that you as a sub/little realises that Dom/daddy will also have big world restrictions to and be willing to accept them and not see it as them not wanting you or the dynamic.

I found from experience that if the desire for 24/7 is there from both parties having a basic outline for it to begin with that fleshing out the rest of the dynamic seems to come naturally over time.
Posted
My husband is my sub! We separate from our “everyday” lives easily. I have a cell phone just for our dom/sub life. I also wear a special bracelet to give a visual representation of expectations. We have communicated and established strict rules to separate the two parts of our life.