Rigger

littlemiss37

Posted

I reached out on another site for a rigger to do rope with and get tied up throughout time . What questions do I ask . Its a private project and someone else will b there x

Posted
Make sure he is trained in anatomy or he could do real nerve damage
Posted
Watch them tie someone else first. Ask around to check out their reputation. What rope are they using, what ties do they plan on doing/are you happy with. What injuries/ill health do you have which they need to be aware of. Youtube have some examples of how to negotiate rope sessions. Who's the 3rd person, someone you know or their friend. What does that 3rd person know about rope, do they know what they're looking for. What does the rigger know in relation to what they're looking for when things may be going wrong - discomfort/cold skin/blue skin/knots too tight/slipping.
Don't agree to any suspensions. If that's a suggestion they make, run.
Where did they learn rope
Plus all the safety questions you'd normally ask
Posted
What are their safety precautions? How would they quickly and safely get you out of any ties? What are their limits and experiences? Do they have any triggers or concerns?
Posted
To start, make sure you know enough about rigging to be able to tell if your partner is following general safety precautions. This way when you talk to the rigger, you know what to look for and ask. You can check out there kit and see what equipment they have; such as if there are good scissors and/or knife for quick extraction. Also, examining their kit can give you an example of how experienced they are. Does the kit contain coils of new rope, or does it contain precut lengths of rope. There are some general lengths commonly used rather than those store bought. It is also somewhat common to mark the center of a rope with tape or something to make it quicker to find. In general, the more you know about rigging, the more you can ensure the rigger you are working with is knowledgeable.

In general I would suggest getting to know the person and building a relationship to where you trust them. This does not need to be an intimate relationship, it can remain plutonic.

If you are not up for becoming friends with the rigger, another option is having a third party present. Someone you know and trust that understands general safety precautions.
Posted
Up date the talk went good about me trying rope x