Antidepressants make orgasming almost impossible

Posted
Antidepressants are no good for your sex drive and eventually it will stop you all together
Posted

I carry out research in this area and agree with almost all of the suggestions. One approach could be to obtain a consultation from a urologist physician who specializes in ED. The reason is that ED is usually thought to be a disorder of aging men but it’s common in women and all genders across the spectrum with or without aging. It’s a known side effect of antidepressants, anxiolytics, antihistamines, cocaine, alcohol, opioids and more. There are several different treatments that will ameliorate if not reverse the side effects in most (but not all) women. 

Posted

Unfortunately, I belong to that club too. Years of antidepressant use , dulled sex drive. 

Posted
The pharmaceutical company has interfered with my sex life forever. I’d love to sue them for lost orgasms.
Posted
4 hours ago, AlienAngel999 said:

I’d love to sue them for lost orgasms.

It would be interesting to see what happened in a class action case!

Posted
2 hours ago, 4RCH said:

It would be interesting to see what happened in a class action case!

I think it'd be difficult to win because it's a known/listed side effect

and this is something which then causes a problem between the side effects of taking the medicine versus the consequences of not

so, without going too dark - some cancer patients refuse treatment because the side effects degrade quality of life too much, especially in cases where there is a risk on the success of treatment, and instead opt for a lower life expectancy

that while taking antidepressants comes with a known risk of reduced libido, impotence, etc. the consequences of not taking them has often far graver outcomes.

Posted
Yeah I would suggest talking out the issues at the root of your depression, and possibly trying out some Dimethyltryptamine if you can find a safe source or extract some from mimosa hostilis root bark. Honestly I think everyone would benefit from one out of body experience from an intense DMT trip, but I’m not a doctor so my opinion is not medical advice technically. (I will 100% say do some research on it before ruling it out, having a strong will might also be key)
Posted

Unfortunately pretty much all classes of SSRI, MAOI, psychotropic, AD has side effects that induce this. The frightening part is in a small sliver of individuals this side effect of loss of sexual appetite, loss of sensitivity or loss of orgasm/pleasure or desire may be permanent. Talk to your Dr if you are experiencing this is it will not get better doing nothing. Also some non selective SSRIs like tumeric cause issues as well so be careful with supplements. Stay healthy my friends.

Posted
When I first started taking them some 8/9 years ago I could climax but not cum. Which was great once or twice, but got ***y frustrating!
After about 6 months it settled down back to normal… till I moved and changed pharmacies. Who get my meds from a different supplier. Same medication, same dose, same route taken, but something about them… and the fact in the 6 months since I’ve moved they’ve changed the supplier too… back to frustrations!!!!
Kinkykarma84
Posted
On 6/5/2023 at 8:51 PM, richmond181947 said:

Has anyone stimulated your prostate? Yes I have and I also been pegged. Wow that was intense 

Posted
Yesterday at 09:00 AM, Kinkykarma84 said:

I’ve tried but haven’t gotten it down right yet lol

Posted
On 6/5/2023 at 1:21 PM, johncanplease said:

Does anyone else deal with this? I last forever, which is a good thing (a GREAT thing) for all but me haha. I'm curious how people have climbed the hill on antidepressants

I went through this for the longest time, to the point where I just stopped the antidepressants. After a few months being off of the antidepressants, the depression/suicidal thoughts were horrible to the point I took a vacation to the "grippy sock" unit. I have tried a shit load of antidepressants/antipsychotics and all of them destroyed my libido and it became next to impossible to orgasm. The only medication that has not messed with my sex life is Wellbutrin, it actually increased my sex drive a bit.

• 1 month later...
Posted
On 6/5/2023 at 6:05 PM, RealHuman said:

Yep, though has led to some super long, all night fun. I'm hoping I can stop taking them once I get started on ADHD meds, but I am worried those will make me go the other way haha.

Starting meds for my adhd has been life changing. I've significantly cut my SNRI, by half I think? I could probably go off it completely eventually but I've got some situational ish I'm dealing with and am apprehensive to make an attempt until it's over. I have had improvements with just the reduced dose though. 

• 2 weeks later...
Sweetness247
Posted
I take Prozac and Wellbutrin I have anxiety which the depression causes. I feel like the more active I am meaning masturbation included the more interested I Am. As far as orgasm it’s pretty quick when I masturbate about average during sex but when I do have a hard time I feel like it’s a mental thing like focus on the moment. I don’t know if this helps but maybe if enough of us answer openly and honestly we can at least get some sort of answer.
Posted
On 6/11/2023 at 9:11 PM, AlienAngel999 said:

The pharmaceutical company has interfered with my sex life forever. I’d love to sue them for lost orgasms.

Best way to sph *** and control orgasm plays..<3

Posted
Wellbutrin is a godsend that’s all I’ll say
  • 4 months later...
Posted

Very common for both men and women to have sexual dysfunction on antidepressants. Worse, many people become suicidal with SSRI's.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
First I want to say that it’s a terrible idea ever to tell anyone to go off their psychiatric meds without talking to their doctor first. They may need the dose titrated down over a period of time safely or have some kind of bad reaction like a seizure which can kill you possibly. Or it’s just as dangerous that they might become suicidal and hurt themselves or someone else because no one is more desperate than a truly suicidal person. They are unstable and therefore unpredictable. Second some people are born with chemical imbalances in their brains and often it’s genetic so it’s not their fault or something they aren’t doing right to make themselves happy. And suggesting that it’s their fault is unkind and could make their depression/anxiety or other issues worse. Some people have worse imbalances than others. So if you don’t know how severe the problem is and you aren’t a doctor keep your opinions to yourself before you cause damage to someone who deserves your sympathy.

I have had to take medication for depression and anxiety since I was a ***ager. Yes most of the medication has sexual side effects. But depression can have sexual side effects too. I’m fortunate because I know I have an inherited chemical imbalance in my brain and I pay good attention to what’s going through my mind every day. Yes the side effects have caused problems in some of my relationships but just because I don’t orgasm during sex with a partner doesn’t mean my partner is doing something wrong so there’s got to be good communication between partners. I am also fortunate that I can orgasm when masturbating or using toys. I have weighed the pros cons and risks of going off my medication many times over the years. I don’t have the kind of depression that makes you want to lay around in bed and sleep all day. If anything I try to stay busy and keep my mind off of it. But there are times when I am going through stuff that if I stub my toe or anything goes wrong I am immediately overwhelmed and will go from 0 to suicidal in seconds so it’s dangerous for me not to take my meds. I am aware of my patterns and I have done a shit ton of work on myself in all manner of ways so that I’m as stable and functional as possible and if I think I am not responding to the medication I go see a psychiatrist. I also have people who know me and keep an eye on me and will tell me straight up if my thinking is off balance. So I am vigilant and my friends and family are too. I don’t want to cause them grief because I got a stupid idea that I am the doctor and can decide if or how much medication I need. I’m not the doctor. They go to school for years and years to learn how to prescribe responsibly. I have had friends commit *** because they thought they didn’t need medication or didn’t want to take it and it’s sad to see their families trying to deal with it. So please for God’s sake don’t tell someone on psychiatric meds not to take their medication. It’s a very personal decision how to deal with a mental health issue and I would rather live with the orgasm problem than blow my brains out Or however because I’m having a bad day. I have had a successful career and I have an interesting life because I take care of my mental health. There’s no shame in having a mental health illness, the shame is in not seeking treatment of some kind. By the way I have a psychology degree and taught children with behavior disorders. So I’m not talking off the top of my head.