my ideal BDSM play party---what is yours???

pomonagirl909

pomonagirl909
Posted

my ideal play party is at a venue where it's large enough to be able to wander around, with multiple rooms so if there's stuff going on you don't want to see, you can distance yourself. Also, a nice, large-enough social area where there is no play going on is a must!

If there is a Demonstration, Performance or Class before the party begins, even better. Something to watch or learn about. Inspiration!

Multiple play rooms with multiple stations. Lots of the classic Dungeon furniture, in good condition, plus some more unusual and creative pieces. Plenty of cleaning supplies in each room. Enough light to see and the music at a low enough volume where it's not distracting, and communication is not inhibited.

As far as what would be allowed...i do enjoy the rules and structure of a Dungeon club, but can feel intimidated or restricted when there are too many rules. Micro-managing is a buzzkill. i want to be able to feel safe and have enough information to know what i'm getting myself into. But, i also want that balance where the venue is running on the basic principles of personal responsibility and informed consent.

There should be staff presence but hopefully they aren't sticking themselves into situations unless a safeword has been ignored.

So we have the most beautiful, well appointed venue with loose-enough rules and cool staff. But what about the attendees?

The attendees should be educated on basic BDSM Dungeon Etiquette---it should be a must that anyone attending a play party should go through an Orientation class first (or be a guest of a member/regular). That way people are on the same page about how to go about things. Even if we all have different Kinks, the basics of no loud conversations in play rooms...asking for consent before touching/sitting down next to someone/engaging in play...keeping a respectful distance from a scene should be practiced by all attendees.

A large-enough group so that there is energy and a good amount of play going on, but not too large where it's super crowded and hard to find a station for your scene. A friendly, respectful and diverse cross section of people: different ages, different Kinks, different gender identities, ethnicities. And of course a good ratio of Tops and bottoms!! And a good ratio of seasoned players and newer players is important. We were all new once, and having the influx of "new ***" is important so that a venue doesn't die off or become too insular.

Basically i'm describing Lair De Sade----wow, i miss that place!

What are some elements that you LOVE about a play party or Dungeon? What's your ideal venue or party?

Posted
They actually have a club here that has all those elements except for the private rooms. It a huge warehouse and it’s a pretty open concept play area but everything else on your wishlist is in this club
pomonagirl909
Posted
On 6/9/2023 at 12:18 PM, Yemaja said:

They actually have a club here that has all those elements except for the private rooms. It a huge warehouse and it’s a pretty open concept play area but everything else on your wishlist is in this club

Ooooh cool! Thank you for reading, and for leaving your comment!! i'm so glad that a large, well equipped club is open where you live. A good club can be such a good resource for learning, experiencing and practicing things!