My boyfriend accidentally went too far choking me, how do we move forward?

Noaatje

Posted

Also maybe next time if you got over the trauma is for him not being on top of you. That would also contribute to put pressure on your lungs and reduce your air intake, but also have less *** impact on the choking. 
When I do this kind of play I never hold more than 10 seconds. I know some enjoy loosing consciousness but there is always a risk that I am not prepared to take. 
It’s been done safely for years in combat sport but they have emergency and doctors on the spot in case there is something wrong happening, luxury  that we don’t have in our bedroom during play session! 

Posted
9 hours ago, BrumDomSir said:

That's simply not true.

Cell damage can occur if the brain is completely starved of oxygen for 1 - 2 minutes but it takes 3 - 5 minutes of oxygen deprivation before brain cells actually begin to die & permanent brain damage is caused, known as an anoxic brain ***. 

Oxygen yes, but generally choking is more the *** vessel constriction.

I am simply relaying what I was taught when I was taught how to restrain people (security/military) that if you have someone in a headlock/*** hold and they pass out, "you only have a few seconds to notice and release or you could do serious long term damage to their brain"
Now it is possible that I have remembered wrong, or I was taught wrong. I was just sharing my thoughts on the matter.

Posted
What you both need is together time, do things together that nurture both of you. What happened shocked you both, he is feeling unsure also. Reassureeach other.. remember it's not a blame game, you both enjoyed the risks but pushed them too far, are there other things you can push that aren't life threatening?
You could both start to journal your sessions, see where you push beyond his comfort zone and him yours. Then you will understand each others limits/boundaries better. Keep communicating.
Posted
17 hours ago, BrumDomSir said:

That's simply not true.

Cell damage can occur if the brain is completely starved of oxygen for 1 - 2 minutes but it takes 3 - 5 minutes of oxygen deprivation before brain cells actually begin to die & permanent brain damage is caused, known as an anoxic brain ***. 

Dude, I was thinking the same thing. Knowledge gained through aquatics when young, and martial arts later on agrees.
-
Cutting off the *** supply, as I know it, is a really quick fade usually “tunnelling out” (vision), then gone - usually straight to limp.
-
Been there, had that done to me by a 7th level BB, at my request. *** hold #9 - damn it was quick, with minor to medium headache and fog coming back up - cleared out in about 10-15 minutes.
-
Never been air ***d, but have been warned that the struggles while still conscious, look very much like the spasms leaving life, but it’s not quick, with resultant headaches I’m told.
-
I never though I would ever increase this knowledge set again, but here we are.
-
School me folks.

Posted
You have never experienced something that many new players go through  and this can go in two ways  one you know have felt *** a near death experience that in this lifestyle well in the more extreme side of the lifestyle is more commonly seen things like this can cause mental panic un able to trust and also *** now this can rather push you down the rabbit hole to want to experience more and more ways of pushing yourself past what you are comfortable with in a never ending spiral of extreme bdsm ore this will push you away from even the lightest of bdsm because you now will have that *** that it might go to far and you won’t have the time to react as for your partner don’t wate to long to try something new because the longer you wait the harder it will be later and with time you will start to push him away and end in separation but if you do try any of this again I recommend if there is no real legal contract with the risks involved in what you are participating in, then I recommend a video recorded contract where you take full acknowledgment, of what can and could happen the good thing is that you are ok
Posted
1 hour ago, d3volo said:

I recommend if there is no real legal contract with the risks involved in what you are participating in, then I recommend a video recorded contract where you take full acknowledgment, of what can and could happen

Just to point out - there is no such thing as a "legal" BDSM contract and whilst recording a video as recommended will show that you entered into this with eyes wide open - it won't necessarily protect the other person if you get dead.

Whilst choking is never safe, perhaps it would be a good idea to get someone who knows what they are doing to teach you how to do it in a safer way.

Posted
Not a bdsm concert its more of a I understand risk and what can result in what is being done and willingly except that risk  just like the ones we youse in the industry ore you can just go in blind and deal with the consequences of what can happen with nothing up to you