Which kinks need especially more caution than others?

Posted

Hello folks, I think while playing/enjoying kinks with somebody there are certain kinks, especially the one with risks of injuries, need more attention before the act.

Ex. If your partner likes breath-play I would want to know about how extreme and where to touch and how strong to grab…

What are other kinks that should be talked about?

Posted
How about all of them? Each kink carry either an emotional/psychological or phisical backlash, that's why communication and aftercare are needed and a good pinch of honesty.
Then the more you know a partner the easier it gets at some points nearly intuitive.
Posted
I’d say all can be dangerous and all need to be researched carefully. The more obvious are edge play (electric, knife play, breath play, cnc) but also *** and rope. Everything in bdsm can do damage (either mentally or physically) if done without care, education and discussion
Posted
When it comes to breathplay,at least for me,it's better to use swim cap or latex or collar than just hands... Offcourse,your partner have to have absolute trust in you and be excited about this...
Posted
Anything involving breath play, whether it’s some form of restriction or covering one’s airways without super strict control and communication. Restricting *** flow to vital organs also paramount to be with someone totally trustworthy and hopefully experienced
Posted

most activities are not risk free - and while most don't come with a high risk of death - most do come with a high risk of ***

but the list of stuff we could be here for hours from caning, to cbt, to electrics, hell - to group sex

rather than trying to list and scale them, maybe understanding the risks of the specific activities you want to do and understanding your partners own understanding on those

Posted
22 hours ago, Dario1363 said:
When it comes to breathplay,at least for me,it's better to use swim cap or latex or collar than just hands... Offcourse,your partner have to have absolute trust in you and be excited about this...

Can you explain how a swim cap would be useful here

Posted
15 minutes ago, Msfergz said:
I am exploring breath play but instead of anything around throat. A rope/scarf etc is round chest giving same experience without the risk

I simply think that any rope or scarf can be as deadly as hands like how is the risk being reduced in this situation

Posted
2 minutes ago, Komplett_neu_tbh said:

I simply think that any rope or scarf can be as deadly as hands like how is the risk being reduced in this situation

It's around the chest not throat

Posted
2 hours ago, Komplett_neu_tbh said:

yep, it doesn't

anything that stops or restricts your breathing in any way is high risk

Posted
5 hours ago, Komplett_neu_tbh said:

Can you explain how a swim cap would be useful here

Because swim cap gets around the face instead around the neck. Just google "breathplay with swim cap" and play video. Everything will be clear.

Posted
31 minutes ago, Dario1363 said:

Because swim cap gets around the face instead around the neck. Just google "breathplay with swim cap" and play video. Everything will be clear.

it is no safer.

Posted
59 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

it is no safer.

Not entirely,but still safer than rope,for example... It can be streched out or torn apart easily... Nothing is 100% safe,but you have to be aware of this. If you're not sure in yourself to stop on time or loosen the grip,better don't do it...

Posted

So yep, absolutely - nothing is 100% safe - and everything is about mitigation

if you place a swim cap over someone's mouth and they can't breathe - that is high risk, but the mitigation is that you are in control and can remove the swim cap.   But the same is true if you're doing any form of hand-over-mouth - or hands around throat 

Rope of course depends on if there's any tie because again your mitigation is you let go and the person can breathe again - if there's any form of tie in it - then you may need to cut, or untie so that delays your ability to return their breathing

Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

So yep, absolutely - nothing is 100% safe - and everything is about mitigation

if you place a swim cap over someone's mouth and they can't breathe - that is high risk, but the mitigation is that you are in control and can remove the swim cap.   But the same is true if you're doing any form of hand-over-mouth - or hands around throat 

Rope of course depends on if there's any tie because again your mitigation is you let go and the person can breathe again - if there's any form of tie in it - then you may need to cut, or untie so that delays your ability to return their breathing

Exactly. With rope is even more high risk because rope can tighten itself... Anyway,the point is that we have to be very carefull...!