Which belt is best?

Jaguar54

Jaguar54
Posted

My 35 year old Wrangler Jeans belt has finally broken at the fold where I double it up :(  It  has a beautiful patina, a dull dark sheen from polishing bottoms and I thought of getting it repaired, but it really isn't feasible. So a new one is required. I have been looking around and ended up going down a rabbit hole of BDSM leather suppliers with extortionate prices for various types of tawse, slapper, paddle, but these miss the point. I role-play a lot and one of my favourites involves having my submissive bending and bared in position while I make a drama of removing the jingling belt behind her in preparation for giving her 'a sound whuppin". Anyone who is triggered by this scene will understand the importance of getting this right.

Obviously the replacement belt will have to be formed and folded so that it doubles easily, but:

Is the preference for a thick or thin belt?

Stiff or supple?

Wide or thin?

My old Wrangler was the thickest leather I have ever seen in a belt, but very supple, and a full 1 3/4 inches (45mm) wide, heavy and very thuddy. My inclination is to search out the same as a replacement, but I am curious to know if anyone has other preferences?

Jaguar54
Posted
5 hours ago, Gilly222 said:

Hate that noise 😖🙉

~grins~ I call that reaction 'mission accomplished'  :smiling_imp:

Jaguar54
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tess38 said:

Thick, supple and wide. 

Nodding, that response tends to confirm my thinking. Would you care to explain why you prefer this type of belt over the alternatives?

Posted

It needs to be supple to give you the bend. Thick for the thud and wide just because of personal preference. I'd rather a wide area than a thinner strip!

Jaguar54
Posted

I get that, thank you :) 

I've heard people say previously that they prefer stingy to thuddy, but for me wielding the thing, thuddy is so much more satisfying.

Posted
My sub has told me many times how wet she gets at the sound of my belt being pulled through the belt loops of my jeans. She is already bent over with her pants off. So it’s more about what she hears than what she sees. I definitely understand how important the “scene” is. Therefore, my main concern is that your new belt should fit in your belt loops.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
January 2, Jaguar54 said:

~grins~ I call that reaction 'mission accomplished'  

😆 "Nailed it!".
I believe the quality, texture, weight and feel of a belt is just as much for the one weilding as it is receiving. The correct elements and characters put both into a proper mind set for sure.
With that being said I've found a couple specifics that might assentuate what you've mentioned. It might not be a traditional buckle but I deemed it worth a post for you. 😇

I travel for seminars and have many belts to choose to pack, brown/black, dress/dinner casual. If the faint yet deafening clanking sound is a favorite to focus on.. when I take off my dress belt, it might as well be bells tolling at the town square. If I'm coming in late, and there is someone inside i didn't want to wake...I would take the belt off outside the room and half to muzzle the buckle with a firm hand squelching it as I entered.
That's because that belt has a ratcheting buckle. So to quickly unpack what I'm talking about: it's a square shiny rectangular enclosure. Inside is a sliding metal bar that clasps down when the belt is buckled.
When it's not, it freely moves within the enclosure creating a unique metallic audio presentation unlike the traditional singular clink or "ting" you get on a solid hole piercing buckle.
When folded over and looped it creates a nice grab-point. When you relinquish your grip to only your thumb and index finger.. you allow the buckle sway and play within the slightly muffled confines of the rest of your hand, it creates a new and unparalleled sound that is levels above.
Now, the leather stock you wre asking about is of course 90% of the experience, but if you're looking to inject a little something different that operates in the fray of sensory affects, a ratchetng sliding bar buckle is one to experiment with.
Just as a traditional ice cream sundae is always a delicious surprise, an artist such as yourself would agree that even the most curated and hand selected ice cream...
But as it's being carried from the kitchen to its lucky table to be ravaged and devoured, people's eyes lock on to the whip cream and fudge ribboned around it.
This would be the cherry on top. 🍒

I'll upload a picture of that belt to my profile so you can visualize what I'm describing. I don't wear it it anymore because it's so worn, but I've kept it because of the reasons I've explained. Thanks for sharing!
- Doc

Posted

Ah-ha, another aficionado :) 

But! When coming in late, perhaps the jangling of belt buckle might provoke an interesting response from the person inside, after all they are rarely truly asleep while they await your return! :smiling_imp:

Posted

Incidentally,  my mission is complete. Scouring a popular auction site came up with a used vintage belt, beautifully supple, 1.5" wide, and suitably thick and weighty. In great condition too. I amuse myself by wondering if it has kissed buttocks in it's previous life...

Posted
21 minutes ago, Jaguar54 said:

Ah-ha, another aficionado  

But! When coming in late, perhaps the jangling of belt buckle might provoke an interesting response from the person inside, after all they are rarely truly asleep while they await your return! 

Ahhh very true. But sneaking in to get a few hours sleep is sometimes the goal. 😉

Posted
25 minutes ago, Jaguar54 said:

Incidentally,  my mission is complete. Scouring a popular auction site came up with a used vintage belt, beautifully supple, 1.5" wide, and suitably thick and weighty. In great condition too. I amuse myself by wondering if it has kissed buttocks in it's previous life...

I always drift about where products I hold in my hand have been. A book at the library was always my favorite. At school, I would look at the check out card to see who has read it previously. Such a cool idea by the way!
But who's hands have turned these pages, where was it kept while they had it in their possession, where did it travel... my mind leaps!
Even brand new products. That brand new George Foreman. The counter top grill. Expertly protected in their packing materials. I think about the worker. Maybe they were packing my produxt while thinkng about a hot date they had that night with someone on the other side of the factory.
Maybe they were thinking of me!
They were thinking of me cooking a cheeseburger after a long day... taking in the smells and the sounds that go with a burger patty hitting the hot grill.
Endless.

Posted (edited)

I guess the different belts create a bit different feels. some might be thud and some sting. the thinner will create stinging feeling. maybe you should have few.. (not wearing them together) to play with sensations. that way your sub wouldn't know what to expect really. 

Edited by earthyangel
Posted

Exactly right. The problem with thinner light-weight belts is that they tend to twist on the down swing. Not every stroke, but it is common to get edge strikes which are not fun. I see videos all the time where the 'dom' is flailing away with a standard pants belt, probably only around 1" wide and probably made of reconstituted leather (or even plastic!). I can see edge strikes and the sub jumping around to rub the afflicted area. Decent strikes produce a surface sting, getting ever more intense, and there is only so much of these a girl wants to take. Counter intuitively, heavier, deeper strikes, are easier to take for an extended thrashing but so much more effective in her head-space.