Spanks from blocked members

Th****

Posted
30 minutes ago, ThaliaV said:

Oh yeah, then I have no idea what the difference is 

Hmmm I wonder what’s up but it’s an online thing so, heh.

Posted
A spank is when you like someone's profile however a crush is when you both spank each other. 👍
Posted
7 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:
A spank is when you like someone's profile however a crush is when you both spank each other. 👍

I don't think that's right, I have 'crushes' but never 'liked' another profile?

Posted
Sorry. You are right. They are titled differently but if you get mutual spanks then a tag with the word crush appears on any profiles that spank you back.
PixieDust
Posted
On 2/15/2024 at 11:06 AM, ThaliaV said:

Could we at least get an option to hide spanks?

Not sure if this helps but on the APP there is an option to remove a Spank that has been given to you.  If you tap open the Spank you have received via the Crushes Via Spanks heading under the Connect icon, it takes you to the members profile, in the top right hand corner, tap on the three dots and a pop up screen will come up with one of the options being "Block/Remove content", tap wording and it will remove the Spank from your Crushes via Spanks page.  Unfortunately the remove option is not available via the Desktop/Mobile Desktop so using the APP is the only way to remove it from your Crushes via Spanks page.

Posted
30 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:
Sorry. You are right. They are titled differently but if you get mutual spanks then a tag with the word crush appears on any profiles that spank you back.

I think they may be one and the same?

Posted
8 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

I think they may be one and the same?

Yes. You are right. They are. I was just pointing out that a spank becomes a crush when it's reciprocated . 👍

PixieDust
Posted

Re Spanks in general, a member can "Spank" you via your profile or on the Desktop/Mobile Desktop "Spank" you via Quick Kinks page. On the APP it is similar, they can "Spank' you via your profile or under the Search icon, they can "Spank" you under the Spanks heading.  Whichever way they choose to give you a Spank or visa versa, it will then appear under the Connect icon on the Crushes via Spank heading page as a received "Spank".  
If either member chooses to reciprocate the Spank that has been received, the word Crush will then appear in the top left hand corner of the members image on their Crush via Spanks page. 

On the Desktop/Mobile Desktop you also have the option of being able to see who you have "Spanked" however this option is not available via the APP. 

Posted
53 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

Yes. You are right. They are. I was just pointing out that a spank becomes a crush when it's reciprocated . 👍

“becomes” a crush, ok, but both ‘spanks’ and ‘crush’ are featured on this app and don’t just ‘appear’ as that description may or may not heh indicate.

Posted
29 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

Re Spanks in general, a member can "Spank" you via your profile or on the Desktop/Mobile Desktop "Spank" you via Quick Kinks page. On the APP it is similar, they can "Spank' you via your profile or under the Search icon, they can "Spank" you under the Spanks heading.  Whichever way they choose to give you a Spank or visa versa, it will then appear under the Connect icon on the Crushes via Spank heading page as a received "Spank".  
If either member chooses to reciprocate the Spank that has been received, the word Crush will then appear in the top left hand corner of the members image on their Crush via Spanks page. 

On the Desktop/Mobile Desktop you also have the option of being able to see who you have "Spanked" however this option is not available via the APP. 

I find that last bit conflicting too, as, I am using the app and can see who spanked me AND whom I have spanked - if I peruse their profile…. Hmmm

PixieDust
Posted
2 minutes ago, NexumSange said:

I find that last bit conflicting too, as, I am using the app and can see who spanked me AND whom I have spanked - if I peruse their profile…. Hmmm

Ooh ok, previously you couldn't see who you spanked unless you went to the website, so it maybe something new that I am not aware of but Ill drop you a line if thats ok and grab a screenshot from you if you wouldn't mind, just so I can see the area you are referring to. 

PixieDust
Posted
2 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

Ooh ok, previously you couldn't see who you spanked unless you went to the website, so it maybe something new that I am not aware of but Ill drop you a line if thats ok and grab a screenshot from you if you wouldn't mind, just so I can see the area you are referring to. 

@NexumSange after all that I can't actually message you sorry due your filters.  If you wouldn't mind sharing a screenshot with me,  I would greatly appreciate thank you. 🙏

Posted

Interesting... this talk of crushes reminds me of a thread from a short while ago where people discussed what a "spank" means to them.

It was pretty clear from that discussion that there are many site users who use the feature in a platonic or "non-interest" way. I think I feel a little icky about some respected friends becoming "crushes" without my consent... however much I like them, it isn't in that sense.

Posted
13 hours ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

Thanks!! It doesn't show up that way, that I can see on the website but this makes sense. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Aranhis said:

Interesting... this talk of crushes reminds me of a thread from a short while ago where people discussed what a "spank" means to them.

It was pretty clear from that discussion that there are many site users who use the feature in a platonic or "non-interest" way. I think I feel a little icky about some respected friends becoming "crushes" without my consent... however much I like them, it isn't in that sense.

I mean, I get that but I feel it's also not that serious? I'd hate to think you might get the ick over an algorithm's interpretation of some playful spanking amongst friends. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Aranhis said:

I think that is you misunderstanding this site. Fetish.com and the fet app are designed as a dating app. The spanks and crush feature is so you can show attraction to someone and see if they feel the same to them possibly lead to a conversation. The platonic feature is the friends option.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

I think that is you misunderstanding this site. Fetish.com and the fet app are designed as a dating app. The spanks and crush feature is so you can show attraction to someone and see if they feel the same to them possibly lead to a conversation. The platonic feature is the friends option.

He's not misunderstanding anything. A lot of the functionality is that of a dating site but plenty of people are here for friendship and networking too and even those who are ONLY here for friendship and networking. Aranhis is also far from being new here. 

There are also numerous people who won't be able to have a clue if they're attracted to someone before ever actually having a conversation with them. There's no one way to use the site. 

Edited by ThaliaV
Posted
47 minutes ago, ThaliaV said:

He's not misunderstanding anything. A lot of the functionality is that of a dating site but plenty of people are here for friendship and networking too and even those who are ONLY here for friendship and networking. Aranhis is also far from being new here. 

There are also numerous people who won't be able to have a clue if they're attracted to someone before ever actually having a conversation with them. There's no one way to use the site. 

With respect, fet is literally a kink centric dating app. It is what it was created for. If you use it for other purposes then obviously that's fine too but there are plenty of other apps for chat. Using the spank feature in a way that it's not intended shouldn't be confused if if it then gives you a crush or match.

Posted
1 hour ago, ThaliaV said:

I mean, I get that but I feel it's also not that serious? I'd hate to think you might get the ick over an algorithm's interpretation of some playful spanking amongst friends. 

Oh no, I mean it's more the assumption/the way that it has - apparently changed without some of being aware of it, or that it feeds into how some people already perceive the site/app and might send some people the wrong idea.

1 hour ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

You haven't even been here two years yet. Do you teach your grandmother to suck eggs too? (If you've had an older profile prior to your current one, I hold my hand up and apologise, but from your comments I'm inferring that you havent)

Fetish.com was not designed as a dating app at all, but I'm not going to go into its history here.

Thanks for re-educating me though, I'm always happy to learn. Spanks are ONLY for sending to people we're attracted to, and we can only be friends with people we are platonic with 👍

16 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

With respect, fet is literally a kink centric dating app. It is what it was created for.

The Fet app might be largely what you describe, but even then you're not wholly accurate. It was also designed/created to be educational. That's the condition which allows it into the Google/Apple stores.

20 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

If you use it for other purposes then obviously that's fine too but there are plenty of other apps for chat.

I really do not care for chat apps, and no other site gives me what I - or many of the multitude of people I've met on my Fet journey - get here.

22 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

Using the spank feature in a way that it's not intended shouldn't be confused if if it then gives you a crush or match.

If you would like to continue educating me as to what spanks meant before the advent of crushes/matches (and people treated them like how we used to throw sheep on FB), I would appreciate your insight and enlightenment. They must have meant something else before then, no, or were they just sat around for years waiting for the app's launch?

Posted
16 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

Oh no, I mean it's more the assumption/the way that it has - apparently changed without some of being aware of it, or that it feeds into how some people already perceive the site/app and might send some people the wrong idea.

You haven't even been here two years yet. Do you teach your grandmother to suck eggs too? (If you've had an older profile prior to your current one, I hold my hand up and apologise, but from your comments I'm inferring that you havent)

Fetish.com was not designed as a dating app at all, but I'm not going to go into its history here.

Thanks for re-educating me though, I'm always happy to learn. Spanks are ONLY for sending to people we're attracted to, and we can only be friends with people we are platonic with 👍

The Fet app might be largely what you describe, but even then you're not wholly accurate. It was also designed/created to be educational. That's the condition which allows it into the Google/Apple stores.

I really do not care for chat apps, and no other site gives me what I - or many of the multitude of people I've met on my Fet journey - get here.

If you would like to continue educating me as to what spanks meant before the advent of crushes/matches (and people treated them like how we used to throw sheep on FB), I would appreciate your insight and enlightenment. They must have meant something else before then, no, or were they just sat around for years waiting for the app's launch?

You're one of my favorites 🤩

Now I need to go send you a spank. 😉

Posted
53 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

Hey man I'm not trying to offend you and apologise if I have. All in really saying is that the app is described on Google's app store as link and BDSM dating. So it's confusing for noobies like me if you say it's wrong to use it that way. 🤷

Posted
9 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

Hey man I'm not trying to offend you and apologise if I have. All in really saying is that the app is described on Google's app store as link and BDSM dating. So it's confusing for noobies like me if you say it's wrong to use it that way. 🤷

Please highlight and quote where he said it was wrong to use it that way. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

The blurb from Fet themselves
FET is the fetish app with a 24/7 live chat, newsfeed, free messaging and image sharing. Searching, chatting and keeping in touch with fellow kinksters has never been simpler.
There’s someone for everyone out there in the Fetish & BDSM scene - or just in here, on FET. The right kinksters for you at your fingertips. Start meeting them in just a few taps!
FET is about more than just Kink & BDSM contacts - WE'RE FAMILY! A great bunch of allies on your side while exploring the World of Fetish and enjoying a stellar time together. Join the kinky community. Host an alternative universe in your pocket.
Chat with the people you want, anytime and anywhere. Whether it's BDSM advice you need or a fetish confession to make, you'll always find kinksters hanging out in our 24/7 chat rooms.
Reach out to someone who gets your kinky side, right at your fingertips!
There are various uses for this app/site. Everyone has a different agenda.

Posted
1 hour ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

I'm sorry, I've read my comment back and it at very least was overly grouchy. There has been a lot of... I'm going to call it "asshattery"... in the forums of late, and it's getting to me. You didn't deserve to be on the receiving end - I should have been more diplomatic/attempted to educate rather than come at you as hard as I did.

Posted
Thanks for info guys. You are all right. It should be open for all to use as they see fit. I suppose the takeaway from it for me is that this whole lifestyle has so many facettes to it that it's very hard to cater for all in a basic app. ❤️❤️❤️