New and wondering what a Dungeon Saftey Pass is

cr****

cr****
Posted
Anyone know about a “Dungeon Safety Pass” is all about? Was talking with someone when they told me I needed to come to their dungeon. When I mentioned we were in different countries they told me they just relocated. Sounded a bit off but I’m new and wondered if anyone knew what this was about?
Sp****
Posted
As someone who owns a dungeon, it sounds super sketchy. It’s hard to authenticate someone who “just relocated” as they likely haven’t engaged with the local community yet, if they’re going to at all. Trust your spidey-sense.
cr****
Posted
That’s pretty much what I thought, but thanks for confirming. Now if I can just find the local groups. Still new but may be something to check out towards the end of the month…
ey****
Posted

it's a scam

in this case the general set up is - we should play, oh, but you need this dungeon pass / membership - oh no, you can't buy at the dungeon in person when you meet, you have to buy online from this sketchy site - oh, yes it's expensive - but as well as me you'll be able to play with lots of other people so even if we don't work out you'll have your pick - oh and it lets you into other dungeons (that either don't exist or know nothing about it) 

while some dungeons *do* need membership - in all cases they pretty much prefer you to pay in person 

Ar****
Posted
Yes, everything Eyem said. Assuming it is somebody on this site, please screenshot the messages and report them.
DarkArts1066
Posted
Agree with the comments above. I have heard of this many times - and never come across a legitimate one.

If you keep pressing the owner -or advocate of this, and start asking the awkward questions like “if it’s available to buy online, why can’t I just turn up and buy one face to face”?) they’ll likely fold and disappear.

I’m sorry, but scams are rife in the kink world, and you need to keep your wits about you - especially with new people.

A small piece of advice. Always try to get a vouch or confirmation about a person or a place, before jumping in with both feet. That’s how bad things happen to good people.

And if you can’t get that vouch or validation, then have the good sense to leave well alone.

Good news travels fast, but bad news travels faster - and further in this community. 😉

Good luck.
lo****
Posted

Scams are rife everywhere, no matter the interest or walk of life. Scammers will target anyone they think may be a mark.

cr****
Posted

How do you go about getting validation? Especially if you're looking at mainly an online relationship at the moment? I'm getting good at spotting the fakes. Sometimes they are a little fun to lead on - is that a kink? but it is frustrating. The last one got mad and I kept saying that since they were in town, let's get coffee and talk about what we want here. They stopped replying. Anyway thanks to everyone here. Very supportive and appredciate the feedback.

ey****
Posted
5 hours ago, creswell687493 said:

How do you go about getting validation?

what do you mean by validation

5 hours ago, creswell687493 said:

Sometimes they are a little fun to lead on - is that a kink?

generally speaking; I'd advise people not to engage when you've spotted someone is a fake.  If they're running any form of scam they will learn from your behaviour which makes it more likely they'll scam someone else, you can also find yourself targeted more if you're leading someone on - and - a lot are using different forms of AI for responses so it's not like you're even wasting their time 

6 hours ago, creswell687493 said:

The last one got mad and I kept saying that since they were in town, let's get coffee and talk about what we want here.

I'm surprised they didn't kinda go for something where they were like "OK, but I don't want to meet near where I live - and I'm strapped for cash, can you do me £x for a cab/train/etc otherwise you'll have to wait" as that used to be a common tell. 

And this is when you're engaging this plants further doubt because what if this was someone who was genuine who is just strapped for cash hence not wanting to meet just yet? 

cr****
Posted

I just meant how to you verify if the person is real. I mean they can come off pretty convincing but they all seem too hungry for the *** so within an hour or two its obvious what's going on. But if you think you find someone "real" how do you confirm that they are? Just your gut, ask around, references ...???

ey****
Posted
8 hours ago, creswell687493 said:

I just meant how to you verify if the person is real. I mean they can come off pretty convincing but they all seem too hungry for the *** so within an hour or two its obvious what's going on. But if you think you find someone "real" how do you confirm that they are? Just your gut, ask around, references ...???

oh gosh, this is a good one

So there are people on here who I've never had a phone call or video call with (though, one did send me a voice note - though in this day and age, you can get AI to generate you a voice note) met, or shared custom photos with - but I know are real.   

And I'm not saying these are folk I've even ever swapped messages with.   

And some of this comes down to consistency, generally being active, having well put together (often changing) profiles.   And often contribute to forums (or chat) with personal experiences.    If someone is talking like they're reading a script is likely someone running a scam, equally if someone is quick to rush into talking about play can set off red flags.

One thing in general is that folk running any form of scam like to move quickly because (a) they're on a time limit before they get detected and booted off the site (b) people are more likely to fall for a scam if it's quick and off guard (c) a little bit on the time and ***, talking to someone for weeks to then hit with a cash demand is generally less lucrative (unless it's one of the big *** dating scams which don't seem to be so common on here) 

So I'm not saying that 'real' people won't talk kink/sex/dynamics early - but anyone trying to run a scam will.  

I guess the thing is also, even if someone 'real' did contact you out the blue and said "ok, I saw your profile and want you to be my slave/Dom/whatever" then is moving so fast with a stranger healthy ?