Does the material of the plug you wear matter to how long it's safe to wear for?

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

Not sure if this question belongs here but...

I started getting into wearing plugs and I'd like to wear one throughout the day. Does the material it's made of matter to how long it's safe to wear for? For example, would it be safer to wear a metal plug, versus a silicone one? Would some become difficult to remove if it's worn for longer than say 2 hours? Does the size matter?

Thanks!

Edited by Deleted Member
accidentally pressed enter
Posted

Dont think that has ever been brought up to me to be honest. Usually the main conversation i have when buying plugs is the comfort with different positions.

Posted

I know of lots of people that wear their plugs for extended periods of time the material is less important than the lube used. A water based lube won't last as long as others. The best way for you to go forward is to build up your use 1hr then two etc. Try different lubes and plugs if you can but remember don't use silicone lube with silicone toys. As you use your plug more it will become easier to remove as well.

Posted
11 hours ago, Corbek said:

I know of lots of people that wear their plugs for extended periods of time the material is less important than the lube used. A water based lube won't last as long as others. The best way for you to go forward is to build up your use 1hr then two etc. Try different lubes and plugs if you can but remember don't use silicone lube with silicone toys. As you use your plug more it will become easier to remove as well.

Thanks! I didn't know about the silicone lube with silicone toys issue. I'll definitely take that into account. I've been looking up reviews for different toys and anal training articles, but no one really talks about which materials are safe for long term use. Reviewers usually just say, safe to wear for a long time, but they never quite specify how long. 

Posted
15 hours ago, Kit_Cory said:

Dont think that has ever been brought up to me to be honest. Usually the main conversation i have when buying plugs is the comfort with different positions.

Thanks for the reply. I'm curious about what you mean by different positions? I thought you just put it in and it feels about the same? At least that's been the case for me so far. I didn't realize there was a difference.

Posted

@Cactiyes it can deteriorate the toy.

I think your struggling to find a "how to guide" because it's varies on a person to person basis the only one that can tell you what plug is best for long term use is you. Bearing in mind heavier plugs will take more of a toll than lighter ones. Then there is the size issue, you can get alot of "trainer plug" sets from most places these build up in size and are available all materials. If you are aiming for hours of use maybe silicone isn't the right material metal, glass and rubber are all more hygienic and easier to clean. Not that silicone isn't but rember the silicone is normally just a thin coating on the outside and it's somewhat textured. Also in regard to using new and different lubes. Try in on your skin first in a small amount to check you don't have a reaction. I think that's all I can think of right now. 

Posted

It is a good idea to try plugs with different types of bases as some are not meant to sit others will give you a rash because they rub you the wrong way when you walk. The most comfortable ones I have used are narrow and long to keep it from going inside. The narrow part reduces the friction and is more comfortable to walk with and sit down on.