Linking Mobile App to Website

ke****

Posted

When I have sent mail via the website, it does not appear on the mobile app. This also seems to be the case with profile photos for some people, as that had happened before as well and did not appear as the profile photo for some time.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue please?

It's driving me nuts... >:(

Posted

Yes, the app and the website are not 100%. I use the mobile version of the website. Avoid the app for best experience.

Posted

It's a bug I think. To fix the profile photo issue you're best to go to the website.
The message thing is also annoying. I usually go to the website to check if I've missed anything. I've also found you can pull through messages to the app if you go to that person's profile and click on the icon to message them. But that only helps if you know they've been messaging you.

Posted

Thanks for confirming it's not just me. I didn't even know it was a website until last week as I was searching for any apps like this on OS. Reason why this is stricter than fetlife on their photos must be due to the OS app issue and how prude Apple can be. I'll definitely be using the site more than the app in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi @keet-tulip, it is true that sometimes there is a lag between the app and the website. All the messages should appear in your inbox eventually, but it is a bug that has been reported to our tech team. And you are spot on about how prude Apple can be – we have to be super careful with what we allow on the app because Apple and Google will ban us if not. Welcome to the kinkier web version! 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
On 5/6/2020 at 5:05 PM, Annalou said:

we have to be super careful with what we allow on the app because Apple and Google will ban us if not.

Of course! That had not even occurred to me , Thank you for explaining that Anna.

Posted

I can get side tracked here - but it is something I've hands on experience because of day jobs.

Both Apple and Google approve every app for their individual stores.  There's a whole long list of rules they have to meet.  In fact, not just every App, every build.  

So, what happens is you submit the builds and Google/Apple have to have means to use the app.  If an account is needed they have to either have the means to make an account and/or be provided with an account.  They then check the app meets all of their rules which includes both content and coding 

Obviously there are some priority customers (that Nintendo managed to release a version of Mario Kart with a game breaking bug - and then release a same day patch - suggests Nintendo get to fast track the process) but it's a complete minefield.

I think one of the main things is because of a way a lot of the stores work - they don't allow age verified apps - so anything that goes to the store has to be at least suitable for all to *download* 

There is a work around to all this which involves sideloading an APK - but this only works on android devices, only certain devices, and has a myriad of problems as another fetish based website found out, hence abandoning their app. (Incidentally. If you do use that sites app, as it's abandoned it's effectively a security risk so I'd probably remove it from your phone)

I got to admit - when fet dot com were saying they were doing an app I was very "how is this going to work?" and, well, I think it's good they managed to get something in the stores at all.  But certainly any content changes.... if anyone wants to help take on Google and Apple then all power to you ;) 

-

Personally, I don't see the obsession of having an app for *everything* but that's another story ;)