A world of shadows filled with light

Posted (edited)

Walking into the shadows.

A man steps Into a new world, blind he is, unprepared. A world if the stories are to be believed of danger and predators, sickness and perverts. Sexual daemons who only care of satisfying their own needs and wants, takers who abandon their toys, to be cast aside once used completely, the emotional damage not given a thought, creatures whose hearts carry no warmth. This world is devoid of emotion and affection, so those on the outside see, the stories surely true of these sick individuals whose only concern is carnal in nature. Self all there is, none but themselves of concern. Yes, those who whisper about this strange world are right, this is part of the shadow world this man sees but those who look in only see this, a truth of the world yes but they see nothing else.

Yet this has always been the way, a darkness has always dwelled within them, the shadow world not the cause of the spite and lack of humanity. Often they are born this way, a thing not be explained in words but I think, understood by all. Sadly some are shaped by life and it's harsh handling, the blows it can inflict changing who they are, causing spite to poison them as life delivers blow after blow. They were this before they moved into this most different of worlds and this is what those who peek in, whisper their stories with indignation and disgust do not see.

The shadow world they ***, those on the outside, their ignorance pure. They see only lies and deceit, stories embellished each time heard by a new ear, the see not the truth but only a rumour, facts unchecked but such is the way with ignorance. 

These creatures this man knows do exist but for each there are 50 who will oppose, stand against them, what they are with no hesitation or thought. The opposition a natural emotion, a reaction instinctive in nature, balance against those who look through spiteful eyes. The way with mother nature, always balance. Good souls, even before they sought the inner peace and pure joy the shadows can bring, again an opposite to the daemons.

Some with tough lives, ripped with grief and sadness, Yet a choice made to remain what they are,  the harshness of life absorbed, challenging yes but the core of these people unchanged, hearts that feel and still beat beat strongly to protect the weak. Yes, now this man understands the truth of the shadows and he sees light not darkness. He sees affection and caring, bonds of a deep kind formed between those who have mostly never even met. These bonds formed through solidarity, a kindness of the most unusual of sorts, pure in its intention. Those who peek see nothing of this, the blinkers fixed for life but he sees the real truth and that truth is so simple, it's merely a choice between right and wrong.

He sees men who will makewomen bleed, mark them yet carry a higher moral code than many who pay lip service in a church every week, only then to go home and beat the wife while fantasisng about fucking the next door neighbour. He sees hypocrisy and he sees the truth of those who are true to the core teachings the shadow world offer. Character and an actual goodness, something deeper than he has seen before when he chose a different path. He understands and it's caught him by surprise, this strange goodness that exists in the shadow world, something unexpected. Tradition he now sees the driving *** behind this goodness, simple in its basic four rules. Not confusing should any care to mull over the truth of the four, it's simplicity stunning when realised.  

it saddens him a little that those who peek in don't see it. They don't see whom moves around in the shadow world, those who choose to hide their faces for many reasons, but usually so no judgment can be cast from outside the shadows. *** of judgment from a society where code and character rarely exist yet judgment always from those who wear blinkers.

The perils are real and a wise head this man must keep, the journey only just begun. To find "her" patience he knows he must keep, at peace with his pace. He sees now but more and more as the sun crosses the sky, as each day moves Into the past he sees one thing above all others

He sees himself, he sees many who are so different in looks and desires yet, he sees they, these unusual folk are him, merely a different shape, a different look, a different twist but what he is. The path they walk the same for all but branches that divert. He knows he can choose to divert at any time down an unknown branch and he will be welcomed, only his mind he must open. Yet the main path these unusual folk walk is the same as his. Yes they are unusual folk, but no less than he. He sees many things and knows he will see many more but more than anything he sees friends and he is thankful 😊

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

You are stunning me with your writing... it's beautiful 😚

Posted

That was incredible Donny, thank you so much.

To me that piece just spoke volumes as to the depth of your understanding.  You wrote in such a way as to remind me of the joy I find in our community. The fact that no matter how different someone's taste ultimately I appreciate them as an individual with different tastes and more importantly become great friends with them.

9 hours ago, Donnykinkster said:

Tradition he now sees the driving *** behind this goodness, simple in its basic four rules. Not confusing should any care to mull over the truth of the four, it's simplicity stunning when realised.  

This to set me thinking. You are right it is stunningly simplistic.

I used to have a theory that the reason new Dominants created very strict rule based systems, protocols, and other complexities was because it was too simple. I think sometimes at the start we seek a complexity to learn or master. When as you said it is indeed just that simple. 

I think as we mature in ourselves we get better at looking inwards and just accepting this simple truth, as indeed you certainly have. Once we do we can be free to express ourselves more fully.

Once more though thank you so much for sharing this it was not just the read but the thoughts that it gave rise to.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

You are stunning me with your writing... it's beautiful 😚

Thank you, keeps me occupied and out of trouble 😊

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Thebian said:

I used to have a theory that the reason new Dominants created very strict rule based systems, protocols, and other complexities was because it was too simple. I think sometimes at the start we seek a complexity to learn or master. When as you said it is indeed just that simple. 

One thing I have really understood the last couple of months is it really is that simple, IF you choose to think a little and adhere to correct behaviour. The problems I see now when they occur have nothing to do with the scene but everything to do with the player. If I buy a car and drive like a twat and crash should I then complain to the manufacturer or the showroom I bought it from? No, not at all, it was my fault completely I lost control, it has nothing to do with anyone else. Personal responsibility I see now is the key, not the shadow world itself. Again it's all so simple if you have character. Thank you as always for your kind words and encouragement 😊

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

I agree, and there is probably more a sense of personal responsibility within the kink scene as a whole, than there is in society at large,  which has been actively discouraging it for a number of years now.  Lol.

Posted (edited)

Another i think valid point is i have my car but have taken only one or two lessons. I then foolishly go for a drive on my own as I have the basics but nothing more. Disaster awaits as my perception of the skills required to drive safely are actually completely different to the true ability required. I would need many more lessons to truly become a safe driver not only for myself but those road users around me.

Edited by Deleted Member