Would you ask for the STIs testing from your BDSM partner (s) ?

MsToronto

Posted

:D A brief survey, and will you do that if you  are being asked ? 

Posted

Under normal times - I get tested every 3 months at a clinic.  Though, a lot of this is because it's kinda required filming adult movies.

So, if someone asked I can literally show the paperwork, haha

Would I ask of others?  A lot depends on context.  I'd certainly recommend anyone who plays around to get done ad-hoc for piece of mind, even if they're not doing anything of risk (PIV/BJ/Anal) if it's visiting dungeons then it's still an environment where lots of people have ejaculated, bleed or pissed 

Posted

Here in the UK you can get free basic at home kits so many in the community test regularly ( in my experience anyway) but would definitely if they wanted to go barrier free and yes I test every 3 -6 months anyway but if they wanted me to retest or show proof im happy to

Posted

I’m single and play solo. I sometimes play as a unicorn. I test regularly regardless: every 6 weeks to 2 months. My area sends tears via the post. That’s been a god send during corona.
Yes always be able to supple recent results to playmates.
I test regardless for my own piece of mind and will always let my current playmates know that I got tested since them and let them know what the results are.

Posted

I would and have and think it’s a good thing, then you know your both safe and can enjoy play time.

Posted

Yes.

Having had an infection that I nearly died from a few years ago now that was likely sexually transmitted if a play partner doesn't/won't provide a current std test it's condoms. 

I only have unprotected sex with my regular partner(s) and only after testing. 

Posted

Yup. Would consider that to be a mandatory for any / all play.

Posted

Yes absolutely and I would go get one if they asked just to be up to date about it. Safe Sane and Consetnual also includes the knowledge of STI and STD exposure, some of them can literally kill you and affect your everyday life (see the AIDS epidemic) so it's important that all parties involved are tested

Posted

Absolutely I'd ask any new partner/playmate/submissive, if any intimacy was on the cards, to either get tested or show me evidence of recent results, and I wouldn't trust anyone who refused..I get tested myself after each encounter with someone new for my own peace of mind, even though I practice safe sex if its not a committed relationship, and have no problem being asked to test either.