Advice for role play beginner

MyCuteFeet

Posted

I want to role play but I’m too embarrassed. I just feel stupid because I’m not a good actress and I don’t feel sexy enough, I feel stupid pretending to be sexy. I’m just not confident enough I guess. I’m cringing at my acting skills, I feel like they are laughable as opposed to sexy. 
Any advice on how to get over this? Does anyone else feel like they are not good enough role play? 
Thanks

Posted

i am feeling exactly the same, i have no confidence in myself. id be interested in following along whatever advice you recieve! xxx

Posted

You're not alone in this. I know what i enjoy but I'm terrible at expressing it

Posted

The thing is, it's supposed to be fun. It's ok to feel silly or even laugh. You only get better at the role playing by practicing your roles. If someone breaks character, it's ok; don't let it ruin the experience. Have fun with it ;)

Posted

Role playing will never be perfect, and you’ll learn and make mistakes like me, and probably everyone else. Just embrace the cringe and enjoy it.

Posted

First of all, it is not about pretending to be sexy. Sexy is a state of mind, so you have to remind yourself that you *ARE* sexy.
As for the embarrassment, it will get easier with practice. Focus on the fun of the roleplay, not your acting skills, and explain to your lover beforehand that you are nervous. Ask your lover to encourage you and before long you will forget about how you look. If anything, focus on their naked body. Focus on what you want from them or what you want to do to them.

Posted

First...you don't have to be sexy, just sexy to them....for one person the demure unsure of herself could be more sexy than the outright slut
Second.....think about the role you are playing...and act like that.....don't worry about how you look, act the part as you can.
Third....it is supposed to be fun for both of you....if not then you need to try something else

Posted

Entirely my opinion based on my own experiences. My wife and I will role play, but she too, is very uncomfortable and nervous at times. From my perspective, I’m not looking for nor expect an Academy Award performance. Just going along and staying in character, even if awkward at times, is the exciting part. Commenting during that you feel like you aren’t doing this well, etc, kills it a bit for me. I like when she just rolls with it, even if not perfect.

Afterward, talk about it. What did you like, what did you not like? What excited you or made you feel uncomfortable, and what would you both like to try differently next time? It has boosted her confidence when she hears me tell her whatever she may have felt awkward about is something I enjoyed a lot.

Posted

Role play is an escapism of sorts. As our kinky lives are an outlet for who we feel we are inside, sometimes even feeling we' act ' at  the 'real lives we inhabit,nay costume ourselves in everyday situations. The guy at work,mum at school gates,etc....

Did not Shakespear say " all the world's a stage & we are merely players( or if of a certain age ,Canadian Rock gods...Rush!lol)

Role play is an extension of how we project ourselves,our 'image' to society. Many of us preach ,communication,communication,communication......it is just another form of this. If we 'play' with partner/partners in kink,is that kink communication......i feel it is.

Role play is another journey of self discovery.....to start with what you feel comfortable with seems fair....is it clothing or costume? Leather,latex,lace? All dialects of kink. Share fantasies,turn ons and encorporate into these plays.......If one person is better suited,let them lead perhaps? As a switch ,it comes slightly easier for me......or am i just acting boldly?lol. Above all it can be FUN.....embrace that,maybe with humour,if that's your thing. Encourage each other......@JenniferTP,are you not a 'comic book' femme fatal that took out Left in an assassination "hit" in the chat lobby, threatening me as i "witnessed" the 'hit'? On the run ,i *** your next delivery of high explosive treats,hahaha!........that is just fun friends banter?....or role play? Left n i are now ' ghosts' n laughing,at the jolly japes with great friends......All part of the rich tapestry that hangs in our Fetish.com community theatre!....

I am more than happy to answer any queries,& share some rather silly exploits of playing the fool,my mask to my anxieties,stresses and self doubt & ***s!

2 hours ago, JenniferTP said:

i am feeling exactly the same, i have no confidence in myself. id be interested in following along whatever advice you recieve! xxx

big TribeVibe🙏

Posted

Just like any good thing in life it takes a lot of time and practice to get right. I know easier said than done how do we get practice in bedroom rp. Well there is plenty of online typed word role plays you could get into or you could find a virtual world like secondlife to play and explore your fantasys and roleplays as well. Its were I found alot of my kinks actually. But its also a great way to get role play practice.

Posted

Staying in your comfort zone keeps you from growing as an individual. I don't know about you but I have a better time with my Daddy when we act silly. It really turns me on that I'm a voracious *** afterwards

Posted

What sort of role play would you like to do? Role play can start out simple. Often, one partner tends to do more of the talking/action than the other, and then, reacting to that might be simpler.

Posted

My first experience of BDSM was actually role-play. I was asked by a friend if I could come into play role-play website. It was called Gor. Anyway, time went by and I ended up a second sword, first sword, and then found in my own Home Stone. So what does this have to say? I was actually just myself but in a different character if that makes sense. A different society with different rules. So I think one of the arts of good role-play is to create an environment where people can just be themselves but in an unusual environment. For example, there are some people who enjoy teacher/student role-play or similar. I think part of it is thinking about teachers you have known, or the student you have been but didn’t quite get up the courage! I always wonder what would have happened when I was teaching at a college and one of the very attractive female students had a crush on me! With role-play, I can work that one through. (Willing partner needed).

Posted
13 hours ago, Boldbald said:

Role play is an escapism of sorts. As our kinky lives are an outlet for who we feel we are inside, sometimes even feeling we' act ' at  the 'real lives we inhabit,nay costume ourselves in everyday situations. The guy at work,mum at school gates,etc....

Did not Shakespear say " all the world's a stage & we are merely players( or if of a certain age ,Canadian Rock gods...Rush!lol)

Role play is an extension of how we project ourselves,our 'image' to society. Many of us preach ,communication,communication,communication......it is just another form of this. If we 'play' with partner/partners in kink,is that kink communication......i feel it is.

Role play is another journey of self discovery.....to start with what you feel comfortable with seems fair....is it clothing or costume? Leather,latex,lace? All dialects of kink. Share fantasies,turn ons and encorporate into these plays.......If one person is better suited,let them lead perhaps? As a switch ,it comes slightly easier for me......or am i just acting boldly?lol. Above all it can be FUN.....embrace that,maybe with humour,if that's your thing. Encourage each other......@JenniferTP,are you not a 'comic book' femme fatal that took out Left in an assassination "hit" in the chat lobby, threatening me as i "witnessed" the 'hit'? On the run ,i *** your next delivery of high explosive treats,hahaha!........that is just fun friends banter?....or role play? Left n i are now ' ghosts' n laughing,at the jolly japes with great friends......All part of the rich tapestry that hangs in our Fetish.com community theatre!....

I am more than happy to answer any queries,& share some rather silly exploits of playing the fool,my mask to my anxieties,stresses and self doubt & ***s!

big TribeVibe🙏

Hahaha i wouldnt say i was threatening ;) lol but yeh thats good banter and a form of role play i guess...but in an intimate sexual moment i get nervous. Im very shy and quiet in real life believe it or not.  I doubt myself anf my ability to please my partner with that roleplay experience and i go blank and retreat into my head. I need the confidence to boom and stay in character. I will slowly get tgere i am sure. 

Some great advice from people il enjoy reading along with the answers this lady received 

Thanks again for your kind words bold xx

Posted
3 hours ago, JenniferTP said:

Hahaha i wouldnt say i was threatening ;) lol but yeh thats good banter and a form of role play i guess...but in an intimate sexual moment i get nervous. Im very shy and quiet in real life believe it or not.  I doubt myself anf my ability to please my partner with that roleplay experience and i go blank and retreat into my head. I need the confidence to boom and stay in character. I will slowly get tgere i am sure. 

Some great advice from people il enjoy reading along with the answers this lady received 

Thanks again for your kind words bold xx

I believe in you! You will find your own way,as all you need is already within you.......be bold!   Big tribeVibe🙏

Posted

Thanks everyone for all the advice and comments, I’m feeling a bit more confident now! 

Posted
6 hours ago, MyCuteFeet said:

Thanks everyone for all the advice and comments, I’m feeling a bit more confident now! 

i hope you can achieve what your hoping for. keep everything crossed for me too hehe 

good luck <3

Posted

Im always nervous, shy and afraid in roleplays. For some guys im not sexy enough, for others i am and satisfy all its impossible. Satisfy yourself at first, enjoying those moments and if some moment of u feel riduculous, nothing better than a good laugh. People who real ike us never will see this laugh like a problem. And always listen your inner voice and trust in your senses! 🙏🏾🌹

Posted

start basic.  if you have an idea you're uncomfortable with - what would you be comfortable with?

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

I adore role playing scenarios and had to learn over time how to have the most fun with them. 

The biggest thing for me was letting go of an expectation where the scene would go. It's very easy to have a script in your head and want the story to go a certain way. In that case, you need to write a script with your partner and then suddenly you're acting, which is hard for most people (certainly me) because it doesn't feel authentic.

There's a concept in improvisational comedy called "yes, and..." in which you automatically accept what the other person just said. Saying "no" or even "yes, but" ruins the flow and shuts your partner down. Instead of playing out a kinky scene in the principal's office or on a space station, you're arguing with your partner. Ugh!

"Yes, and..." is about acceptance, just like kink. We're all hopefully well-practiced in accepting our partners' kinks and fetishes, so just go with it when you role play with them too.

Maybe you were expecting your partner (a patient) to tell you (a therapist) that she's a nympho so that you could have a romp where you break the social taboo of doctor/patient boundaries. Instead, she tells you she can't stop thinking about women. You can either try to *** the scene back to your idea (which will make both of you feel uncomfortable and kill the mood), or you just roll with it. Maybe you end up covered in makeup making out with your girl. I mean, hell, I want this to happen to me RIGHT NOW!

@MyCuteFeetand @JenniferTP, don't worry about being sexy. The sheer willingness to participate in role play is unbelievable sexy. Just diving in with both feet is unbelievably sexy. Abandoning the concepts of "doing something well" and "doing something poorly" and instead just focusing on fun is, yes, unbelievably sexy. It's like kinky sex -- discuss your hard limits in advance and then remain open to anything else.

I looked online and here are the 5 Rules of Improv:

• Don't Deny. Denial is the number one reason most scenes go bad. 
  • Don't ask open ended Questions. Make statements.
  • You don't have to be funny. 
  • You look good if you make your partner look good. 
  • Tell a story.

Good luck. And don't forget to come back and tell us about the scenes you played out :smiling_imp:

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

There is so much good advice here! Thanks to each who took the time to write. We are just starting out on this journey with P beimg way more int it them A!