Musical discoveries

Posted (edited)

What could be better than the gift of music? Well, a book perhaps, but those are more difficult to share online.

If you could "gift" a single piece of music, what would it be?

No cheating and suggesting multiple tracks, albums or artists - just a single tune that you think others will be happy to discover. Perhaps an underrated gem, something a bit left field, something that stirs your emotions or just makes your want to move your feet.

To get the ball rolling, I'd like to share this:

The Girl with the Flaxen Hair,
Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band.

You can find it on Spotify or YouTube.

Spotify*

https://youtu.be/84dfXT_9ExU

2 minutes 30 seconds of tranquility. Best enjoyed with a cup of tea and a biscuit. 🍪😌

Edited by Deleted Member
* External link removed
Posted

Heap big trouble in the land of plenty "Dire Straight / once upon a time in the west" The verse is appropriate to the current situation. The pandemic is causing problems for everyone in its own way, and no country is spared from major problems worldwide.

Posted

Mum listens to a country and western show on local radio once a week, I heard lady down on love by Alabama, reminded me of a female friend, and probably others would find that to, a beautiful song

Posted

"Rise up" by "Andra Day". The video is awesome, inspirational.

Posted

"The Night They Drove 'Ol Dixie Down" by The Band. Great song reminds me of my dad and being a kid

Posted

Block out the noise- Jonny Craig

If that’s not a sexual tune then well I don’t know

Posted

This is one of my favourite hidden "left of field" gems, Werewolf by CocoRosie (who have a fascinating background tale). I much prefer this live TV version to the regular studio track.

Posted

When the day is done: Nick Drake 1969 uk folk artist who was a shy sensitive deep thinking Genius who was ignored in his day. His debut lp is called “ Five leaves left “ and can be heard in full on YouTube

Posted

You’re a cruel man Starlite!! It’s so hard to choose as we all have different tunes for different moods so I’m going to cheat and name 2. Honesty by Editors is a beautiful song about the conflict of relationships and has the opening line “Don’t you want me to stay I’ll make a rocking horse getaway” and Love is the Law by the Seahorses as it has a kink related line that always makes me chuckle “Strap on Sally chased us down the alley we ***ed for our behinds” 🤣🤣 Great lyrics make great songs and this is a great topic Starlite

Posted

Don't let it bring you down...Neil Young.

Posted

Can't really explain...SayGrace Featuring G-Eazy ...You Don't Own Me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hunger Strike (favorite version, Chester Bennington &

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

"Backtracking" by Only Liars for all you pop-punkers out there!

Posted

”Missile" by Dorothy ... Put a Domme hat and go find people to kick ass!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Posted
I'm sorry but it has been 7 months since the OP so I'm going to cheat and name two as I can't pick between them...

..first up my favourite band Madness put to rest any notion that they are that band with 3 minute singles and funny videos with this 10 minute plus journey round the East End of London....I give you...The Liberty Of Norton Folgate:

https://youtu.be/7X8BDcn-rSA

...and for my second offering a little known track called Bell Jar by a little known band called Louise & The Pins that is both simply beautiful and beautifully simple:

https://youtu.be/0CFX4o__fNg
  • 2 months later...
Posted

Artist - two feet Songs- go f*** yourself, quick musical doodles...
Dennis lloyd - snow white
NoMbE - Freak like me
Isak Danielson - Power
Son Lux - Easy
Bob Moses - Tearing me up
Pham - Movements
Rosenfeld - Do it for me