Casper

Posted (edited)

Amanda Carter did a little dance, and whooped after reading the letter. Finally, after writing literally hundreds of letters asking for a chance to work with them, the London Paranormal Research College had responded and offered her an intern position! It was her dream job, and she would make the most of it.

As she hurried upstairs to get changed for the trip across town, her mind was already imagining the wonders she would get to experience. The building was exactly as she had pictured it, a Gothic throwback set among the steel high-rise offices in the modern city of London. The Concierge had her on his list, and directed her to the third floor where Dr Hanson was waiting to greet her. The rickety old steel elevator gave her a few moments of concern as it rattled and wheezed its way up to her floor, and it wasn’t without a little relief that she stepped out of its metal cage into the gloomy corridor beyond. Her heels echoed as she walked down checking the name plaques on the doors, her eyebrow raising when she came to the one she wanted. Room 13 Dr Andrew Hanson. Lucky for some?

She knocked and waited for a response. Huffing slightly at not getting a reply, she was in the process of raising her hand to knock more loudly when a gruff voice called out from the other side of the door. “Don’t just ***y stand there, come in!” With a wry smile, Amanda turned the knob and stepped into what was to be her new domain. The pungent whiff of pipe tobacco hit her immediately, and, out of a plume of purple-grey smoke, a very small and very round old man stepped forward to peer at her through thick glasses. “Are you sure you are in the right place? I don’t normally get assistants as pretty as you, as they seem to send me all the odd-balls!” Amanda didn’t know whether to blush, or hold her breath against the tide of smoke now enveloping her. She waved her hand in front of her face to clear her vision, and smiled what she hoped was a winning smile. “Dr Hanson? I am Amanda Carter, your new intern. Pleased to meet you!” The small round man grunted, and turned to wave his hand at a desk overflowing with files and books. “Well, you can’t stand around looking cute all day, that is your desk over there. Once you have finished getting settled, I shall be down the corridor to have a cuppa in the can***!” Without another word, he shuffled past her and out of the door. Amanda shook her head, and sat on the unstable chair behind the mountain of stuff on her desk.

Puffing her cheeks out, she reached for the first pile of files. It took nearly an hour to get things into some semblance of order, so, satisfied she had at least a little desk-space to work with, she went looking for the can***. She found it three doors down from her office, and, as she reached for the handle to enter, she heard the voice of Dr Hanson boom out from inside. He was obviously talking about her arrival! “You should see the legs on this girl, magnificent! If she has a brain to match the rest of her, I am going to enjoy her working with us a great deal!” Taking a deep breath, Amanda opened the door and walked inside. There was immediate silence, and the eyes of three crusty old men within raked over her in undisguised pleasure. She put her hand on her hip and scowled at them. “If every time I walk into a room I get looked at like that, someone will get slapped! This is supposed to be a research college, so please engage your brains at a higher level than my thighs, okay gentlemen?” The three Professors exchanged glances at each other before bursting out laughing and applauding. Dr Hanson rose from his chair, and extended his hand. “I am sorry, my dear, please forgive us? I am delighted to meet you, and please call me Andrew. The horrible specimen sat behind me to the right is Dr Cartwright the head of Parapsychology, and the other reprobate is Dr Morrison, the head of Field Studies. We meant you no harm, Amanda, we are just so used to having weird and wonderful people sent to help us that you are a complete breath of fresh air!” Amanda smiled and looked down into his round and wrinkled face. “It is a pleasure to be here, Andrew, and I am looking forward to working with you in any capacity I can be of help.”

There was a cough and chuckle from the Head of Parapsychology, that died to a quiet rattle when Amanda glared at him. These old men were going to be a nightmare to be around! She accepted the offer of a seat, and a cup of tea in a cracked and chipped cup, before she looked again at the three Professors.

“So, gentlemen, do we have anything exciting going on?” Dr Hanson grinned and leaned forward in his chair. “I’m glad you asked, because we do! We have stumbled across a house in the leafy suburb of Lewisham that is an absolute goldmine! We have been researching there for the last three months, and you wouldn’t believe the data and evidence we have collected. We have video, sound recordings, you name it, and all of them confirm that there is something after death! Once we have finished, with your help of course, we shall publish a paper that will once and for all shut the doubters up!” His obvious delight and enthusiasm were infectious, and Amanda leaned towards him matching his grin. “That is brilliant! When do I get to visit this place?” The old Professor checked his watch and smiled. “Will this morning be okay with you?”

The journey out to Lewisham was in relative silence, the Professor only becoming more animated as they pulled up at the end of a long drive. Through broken gates, Amanda could see the shell of what must have been a beautiful Georgian home. Time and neglect were now giving it a sorrowful look, even in the bright morning sunshine. The Professor reached behind onto the back seat of the car to gather his large tattered briefcase, before puffing his way out of the car. When Amanda joined him, he set off towards the house, his words broken by his heavy breathing. “The Harrington house has a long history. We have been able to trace its occupants all the way back to its origins! Quite whom we have encountered in here so far is uncertain, but what we do know is it is a young male. This young gentleman has been very forthcoming in our experiments and research so far, and, at the risk of provoking your ire again, I have high hopes that a pretty girl like you will get his attention! I have a feeling that Casper will enjoy your company a great deal!” Amanda put her arm out to stop the Professor in his tracks. The look she gave him was full of disbelief. “You have named him Casper? Please tell me you are joking?” The old Professor shrugged and looked sheepish. “Not very original, I grant you, but we had to call him something!” He pretended not to notice the exaggerated rolling of Amanda’s eyes as he turned and continued the few yards to the front door of the house. Using a large key he pulled from his coat pocket, he opened the door and waved Amanda inside with a flourish. She hadn’t really known what to expect, but she was pleasantly surprised at the relatively clean interior. The house still bore signs of its former magnificence, however, most was faded or damaged by time, and the most sparkling objects were the array of electronic gadgetry that filled the large hallway. The Professor closed the large door behind him and stepped in front of Amanda, sweeping his arms to indicate the house and the equipment. “Welcome to Project Casper!” As Amanda followed him through to a large sitting room, the uppermost thought in her mind was that she had to get them to change that awful name! The Professor fiddled with a few buttons on a machine, before turning to eject a series of cassettes from a bank of video recorders. He caught Amanda’s look, but tapped his nose. “Yes, I know this looks old fashioned, but there is a reason behind it. If we recorded everything digitally, we would leave ourselves open to accusations of manufacturing the evidence through technical wizardry. This way, we have things on tape that can be easily verified under the most jaundiced scrutiny. While we use electronics for the sound recordings, this old fashioned method is more reliable as a means of proof.” Amanda nodded. It was a perfectly plausible explanation. If this place were all that the Professor claimed it was, then every shred of evidence they had would need to stand up to testing. She turned and walked towards a large fireplace, and, as she reached out to touch its carved mantle, she felt her hair move on the side of her head. To her amazement, she heard a faint whispered voice. “Good morning, Amanda.” She whirled round to face where the voice had come from, but there was only the Professor several yards away with his back towards her. She ran her fingers through the hair that had moved, and called across the room. “Did you hear someone speak just then, Professor?” Dr Hanson looked at her quizzically for a second, and then smiled a big, contented smile. “You have heard him already! That is marvellous! I knew he wouldn’t be able to resist you the moment I clapped eyes on you! Let me get the video camera, and we will see how well you can communicate with him!” He opened a case on the floor and lifted out a large professional-looking camera, hefting it to his shoulder and pointing it directly at her. With a nod of encouragement to Amanda, he pressed record. Not really sure what to do, Amanda thought for a second before talking to the area she had been standing in. “Good morning to you too! I know they have given you a silly name...” She looked back at the Professor and winked. “But I would be grateful if you could let me know you are still here?” She paused, holding her breath in anticipation. Several seconds passed, and she was thinking of something else to say when her hair moved again. This time it gathered itself together at the back of her neck before being placed so it fell over one shoulder. The voice whispered again in her ear. “I adore long hair, but it looks a lot better placed like that. Will you wear it for me in that fashion when you come again?” Amanda squeaked in excitement, and turned to face the Professor. “Did you get that? He just spoke in complete sentences! He is sentient!” The Professor lowered the camera so he could beam a smile in return. “Isn’t he just fantastic? You wouldn’t believe some of the recordings we have, but just you wait to see what else he can do!” The Professor looked around the room, and pointed to an old chair in the corner. “Ask him if he will move that!” Amanda turned back around to talk to the empty space, but, before she could speak, the chair in the corner slid across the floor to rest against the back of her knees. The voice whispered again. “I am not keen on these party tricks, but it seems to please the old man. Would you care to sit down?” Amanda was almost beside herself with excitement. This was better than anything she could have possibly hoped for! Despite further questions and requests, it seemed that Casper had left them, so they gathered up the things needed for analysis and headed for the door. As Amanda was walking through the hall, she felt a hand move across her ass and give her right cheek a little squeeze. She jumped at the contact, and then the voice was in her ear again. “Hurry back soon, Amanda, I have a feeling we will become close friends.” 

Back at the College, she had forgotten all about the incident in her eagerness to view the previous nights recordings. All four of them were crammed into a small room with a tape player and a television set. Dr Hanson was in charge of the remote control as he pointed to the screen. “Though we can’t see him clearly, if the conditions are right, we get little glimpses of him! It looks at first like a distortion on the film, but, if you look closely, you can make out his shape. Lets run this first one and see what we have!” Amanda watched the tape inserted with her heart in her mouth. It was labelled“Hallway”, so there was a good chance he would pass through there at some point. The tape ran for a good thirty minutes before it was paused as Dr Hanson shouted. “There! At the bottom of the stairs! He is moving from left to right, and will pass in front of the infrared light placed in the doorway!” He let the tape run again, and Amanda was transfixed by what she could see. There was a definite figure shape, and, although indistinct and virtually transparent, it was there! When he moved across in front of the light she could make out he was quite tall, heavily built, and moved with a fast stride. The tape was paused again, and popped out of the machine. The Professor shuffled through other tapes until he found the one marked“1st Room Ground Floor”, quickly inserting it into the player and fats-forwarding the film to get to the same time point as the first tape. Sure enough, it captured the moment that Casper walked into the room. He turned slightly, and walked towards the fireplace where Amanda had first encountered him. He stood in front of the fireplace as though enjoying invisible flames, his hands extended as though soaking up warmth from a fire that wasn’t there. There was something almost sad about him. Amanda felt a pang at the image of his lonely existence in that house. Without warning he was suddenly gone, and, though they played the other four tapes all the way through, there was no further sign of him anywhere. The group went through to the can***, which Amanda had come to realise was their unofficial meeting place. Once tea had been distributed, it was the Head of Parapsychology that spoke first.

“We all know now that he is a thinking, reasoning entity. Some of his behaviour is still unexplained, we have seen him stand at that fireplace several times and do the same thing, but what does it mean? With Amanda’s help, I have a feeling he may come out of his shell a little more, and then we can get some of those answers we are desperate to know!” Amanda looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “What would you like me to ask him?” The Professor leaned towards her, his voice taking on a deeper and more serious tone. “What is there in his world? He has moved into a different place, one completely unknown to us, and he may be able to shed some light on the whole concept of the meaning of life! He has died and passed on, but to where? For all we know, there may be things out there that only he can see. We need to know as much as we can!” The seriousness of his words hit home. This could prove, or disprove, the actual existence of God! If they could gather the evidence, it would be THE biggest story of the century, if not all time! The whole religious world would crumble under any proof that there was no heaven or hell, merely another state of consciousness and existence that was beyond our imagination. And all this from a ghost they had called Casper? Amanda set her jaw and looked at the other three in the room. “Before we go any further, I want to discuss exactly what we call him!” 

The following morning, Amanda arrived at the house alone. It had been agreed that to start a meaningful dialogue with Adam, it would be better if she were without the others. She had won the argument over his name, and, as the very first ghost to communicate, Adam seemed very fitting, Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and stepped inside. She had been deliberate in her choice of clothing today, wearing a light summer suit that flattered her figure, and one she hoped that Adam would find attractive. She slipped her coat off, and carried the case containing the electronic recorder and smaller video camera into the first room. She had figured that if she waited In the first place they had spoken, then Adam would come and find her. She had been sat in the chair he had moved for her for less than ten minutes, when she felt her hair being gathered again to be swept over her shoulder. Damn, she had forgotten about that! The voice was soft in her ear. “It really does look better that way, Amanda, so please keep it like that.” She shivered at the touch, and smiled at the air around her. “I am sorry, Adam, I completely forgot in my hurry to be here today!” There was nothing for nearly a full minute before an invisible hand stroked down her cheek and across her throat. The soft voice had a slightly different tone this time. “You may call me Michael. It is, after all, my real name. You are a very pretty girl, Amanda, and I have been without beauty for so long.” Amanda shuddered slightly at the unearthly touch on her skin, but was aware it had started a blush to form on her cheeks. “I am honoured you have told me your name, Michael, and thank you very much for the compliment! Could we sit here and talk for a while?” Once again there was silence for a while, and then that invisible hand slid under her jacket and stroked across her breasts. Amanda jumped out of the chair, and turned to face where she thought he was standing, the flush on her cheeks now a very dark pink. “Michael! That was very rude of you! You don’t just touch a woman in that way without her wanting you to first!” More silence, and then, to her amazement, she found herself lifted from the floor and whisked across the room to finish pressed against a wall. It felt like she had an invisible blanket covering her and keeping her from moving, and she whimpered when she realised that her feet were several inches above the floor. The quiet voice of Michael burned in her left ear. “Ahhh, Amanda, you and your team want to know so much from me, and yet have offered me nothing in return! Just think of all the secrets I can reveal, and all I ask in return is the chance to enjoy a beautiful girl again.” Amanda tried to wriggle as she felt her skirt being raised to her waist, exposing the fact she was bare legged and only wearing a pair of very small panties. She had just uttered“Michael, no!”when fingers went inside those panties and found her clit. The cool feel of nothingness, and the expert way it ground her clit gently, made her moan and start to tremble despite her feeble struggles to get free from the wall. When the fingers moved under her and slipped into her pussy, Amanda groaned and shook, her complaints sounding very unconvincing. “Michael, you mustn’t do that! Please put me down and let’s just talk? Oh my god….” Her panties had just been ripped off, and her knees parted and raised. What felt like a very large, hard cock was nudging at her pussy. Michaels voice was now in her right ear, and sounded husky and deep. “Tell me to take you, Amanda. Tell me you want me inside you!” Her whole body felt on fire, and invisible hands were touching her in places that made her shudder with pleasure. She closed her eyes and nodded. “Please, Michael, take me now.” No sooner had the words left her lips then the large invisible something started to push into her. Amanda moaned and trembled at the feeling of being filled, and, as she started to shudder with unseen thrusts, she knew she was going to cum hard. Through half-closed eyes, she could see her legs shaking in time to the cock going in and out of her rhythmically, and, when her shirt was ripped open and her light bra pushed up, she couldn’t hold back. As fingers kneaded her breasts she threw back her head and groaned in release, the thrusts speeding up as though answering her need. Her hips banged against the wall as she jerked and shook under the pounding, and she had just wailed through her second orgasm when it suddenly stopped. She dropped to the floor as the power keeping her in place was removed, and she sank to her knees breathing heavily. She stayed there for nearly ten minutes before she felt she had enough control of her legs to stand. Brushing her wild hair from her face, she stooped to pick up the remnants of her panties before shuffling her skirt back down to its rightful place. Finally feeling in control of herself fully, she spoke to the room. “Are you still here, Michael? That was lovely, but we really shouldn’t be doing such things. I have work to do, and I hope you will help me with that?” There was only silence as an answer. Sighing to herself, she gathered her things and made for the door. She couldn’t spend the rest of the day here in this state. As she stepped out onto the front steps, a whisper came into her ear. “There is NO God. See you very soon, Amanda.”

As she lay in bed that night, Amanda went over the whole event. Yes, he had taken advantage of her, ***d her into that position, but in the end she had wanted him to take her like that. She couldn’t remember the last time she had felt so turned on, so desperate to be fucked, and she wondered how it would affect her work. He had hinted, teased her with a little piece of information that he knew would have her going back to try to find out more. But at what cost? She figured it would be better not to tell the others of today’s events, and hoped, that by the end of the week, she would have something concrete to contribute to their project. As she drifted off to sleep, she couldn’t help but smile at the tingles still running through her pussy. She had needed a good fucking for quite a while!

The next two days at the house followed a similar pattern, and Amanda was beginning to think she would never have any evidence to offer at all. They spent a brief time talking, and then she would feel hands move over her. Several times she had resisted, asked him to wait and talk some more, but each time he found a way to get her turned on to the point she gave herself to him. He fucked her in every room in the house, in just about every position she could think of, and each day his hunger for her seemed to grow. On the Thursday he took her three times, the first as she walked through the door. She barely got any information out of him at all as his hands were constantly touching her, pushing her clothes out of the way to make it easier, and, each time, she reached that point where she wanted him to do anything. She was lying on the stairs, her clothes in tatters, her legs still held wide apart as he pumped hard and fast into her, her back hurting from the bare staircase, and her pussy swollen and sore from the constant pounding. She whimpered for him to stop, let her rest, but fingers found her ***ed clit again and she arched under him in yet another agonising orgasm. By the time all went quiet she was completely exhausted, and her body felt like a truck had hit her. Amanda groaned and staggered around the house to collect the pieces of her clothing that had been torn in Michael’s lust, feeling guilty that, once again, she had nothing to take back to the College to report. Once again, as she left the house, he whispered in her ear. This time, saying something that stopped her in her tracks. “Everyone is here. Everyone who ever lived is in this place, from the most famous to the lowest. Just think of the things they could tell you that has been lost to history?” She turned around quickly, almost shouting at the closed front door. “Then show me, Michael! No more games, no more fucking me senseless, give me something that I can show the world!” She waited for a response, but there was nothing.

That night, she was determined that he would start to live up to his end of the bargain. She had given him what he wanted, now he had to tell her what she needed to know. Amanda lay there imagining the knowledge that was hidden in Michaels world, and what it would mean to mankind to know that, after this current life, you moved to another plane of existence. It was a fitful night. It was with trepidation that Amanda opened the front door of the house the following morning. Michael would not be happy when she told him the news. As she stepped into the hall his hands went under her jacket to grasp her breasts, and she could feel his hardness pushing against her hip. She put on a stern tone as she whirled to face where he must be. “You can’t have me today, Michael, Mother Nature has intervened. It is my time of the month, my period, and, after all the treatment I have received from you, my poor body needs a rest!” There was a few moments silence, and then his voice was in her ear sounding decidedly petulant. “But I am hard and aching! I need that to be taken care of, and then I will answer your questions!” She felt his fingers move over her cheek and play across her lips, and knew exactly what he had in mind. Amanda sighed and walked into the first room again, crossing to sit in what she now thought of as her chair. No sooner had she settled, than her hair was being gathered again and something hard pressed into her jaw. His voice had hunger in it. “How many times do I have to ask you to wear your hair like this for me? Please me now, and I will show you things that your stuffy Professors will rave about.” Invisible, cool fingers held her chin and opened her mouth, and a large hardness pressed over her lips and across her tongue. She gulped and coughed when it hit the back of her throat, and she pulled her head back to talk to him. “Let me do it for you, Michael, I am told I have certain skills.” She raised her hand until it came into contact with his invisible cock, and she wrapped her fingers around it to guide it towards her mouth. She sucked gently at first, the whole thing surreal in her mind as she worked her hand up and down something she couldn’t see but could feel throbbing. She closed her eyes so she could imagine it was a real cock, and concentrated on making it as pleasing as she could. In less than five minutes she felt it swell and twitch, and then it was gone from her hand and lips. Amanda sat back in the chair, and waited for a couple of minutes before speaking. “Right, Michael, its time for us to talk.” His voice sounded more relaxed when it came to her again. “I have never experienced that before, so thank you, Amanda. If you wish to set up your camera and sound recording equipment, I will start, so aim it all over at the fireplace will you?” With her curiosity now fully aroused, Amanda did as he suggested, and, in around fif*** minutes, had a battery of cameras and recording microphones all pointing at the ornate stonework. She checked everything was working correctly and running before returning to her chair. She spoke at the fireplace in what she hoped was a professional voice, but the nerves at something special about to happen still caused a little tremor. “Michael, can you give a sign to show that you are here?” She held her breath and waited. Several seconds passed before she saw a shimmering glow appear directly in front of the fireplace. As she watched, it took on the shape of a man, and the entity she knew as Michael finally stood before her. He wasn’t completely visible, as the light pulsed in intensity, but she could make out enough to see he was smiling. He gave a little bow. “It was at this very fireplace that I died. I was Forty years of age, and had what I can only presume was some kind of heart attack. It is only right here that I can appear to you, and it is the same for everyone else who dwells in my world. For them to appear, they must be at the place of their calling. When we die, and leave our physical bodies, we come here. It has no name that is used by everyone, but each of us has our own term for it. To me it is Purgatory, a name that I think is very fitting, even though one from that book that has deceived men for centuries. I can tell you now that there is NO heaven. Every one who has ever lived on the earth is here, and I mean everyone. Ancient creatures, half man half ape, rub shoulders with Astronauts, and Presidents talk daily to common thieves and ***ers. We are all here.”

He talked for over twenty minutes, Amanda completely absorbed with this whole new revelation of what was in store for humans when their physical body perished. It was almost too much to take in. Michael had stopped pacing in front of the fire, and looked at her closely. “There isn’t really any more I can tell you, Amanda, so I hope your equipment has captured it all?” She shook herself out of her stupor, and crossed to the whirring and clicking machines lined up across the room. She checked each one carefully. Yes, they had got it all! She turned to tell him, and found that he had vanished again. She said a quiet“Thank you”to the fireplace and started to gather everything up to take to the College. Those old guys were going to have heart attacks of their own! She had just clicked the lock into place on the last case when his whisper came to her from behind. “I am still hungry, Amanda.” She went to turn, her head already shaking in the negative, when she was pushed face down onto the dusty floor. She kicked and squealed at him to stop as her skirt was raised and her panties torn from her again. When his hardness rammed into her ass she screamed until she was hoarse.

Two weeks later, Amanda sat on the couch at her parent’s farm drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. After his assault had finally finished, she had dragged herself out to the car with as much evidence as she could carry, dropping it all off with a startled College Concierge before going to her apartment and packing her cases. Despite the *** she was in, she had driven most of the night to her parent’s farm in Cumbria, and she had not moved from there since. The newspaper was full of the announcement that startling new evidence had come to life from the world of the Paranormal, and all was going to be revealed. She smiled at the thought of those old and stuffy Professors suddenly being thrown into the spotlight. Poor Dr Hanson would barely be able to breathe fast enough to answer their questions. She had called him once, just to confirm he had everything, and to wish him good luck. He hadn’t asked why she left, but hoped she was okay. Her mother called through and told her dinner was ready, so could she go and fetch her Father? Amanda shouted back she was on her way, and went out through the back door to look for her Dad in his barn. She could see him lifting the bales into a higher pile. The threat of rain was constant at this time of year, and he wanted as much of it as possible to be off the floor. He caught the flash of her white sweater in the evening light and turned to wave, his shout of“I’ll be there in five minutes!”making her smile. Five minutes usually meant at least twenty! She turned back to the house and skipped across a puddle, losing her balance and putting her hands out in readiness for the fall. She never reached the ground, as something held her suspended in the air. She nearly vomited when a familiar voice whispered in her ear.

“Have you missed me?” 

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
Just now, Dustykat said:

I love this story very much.

Thank you my lady x