Integrating into the BDSM/Kink Community

Ba****

Posted
So I'm curious I've been in the lifestyle for a while and I'm alot more active online I've been to a couple kink clubs but. I'd love to be in the community in real life alot more so, what are some really great ways to meet other like minded Kinksters, I find alot are more into "50 shades of grey" rather than the actual lifestyle and wanting to be more knowledgeable in BDSM and Kink so. I would really love to get more into the BDSM community but I honestly find it hard to go to munches just because I am super shy, I would love to go to one for sure! If you have any advice or if you Run a munch in my area I would love to connect and know more! Thank you so much!!
Posted
Good luck Baby_princessa I've just checked your profile and seen we are over 3000 miles apart I'm in London UK England. I'm sure you'll find the support you need nearer home. Good luck & Best wishes MartynMentor đź’–đź’–đź’–
Posted

In some ways you've answered your own question.

The best way to integrate into your local community is munches and events.   If you struggle with being shy then this is something to try to overcome.

Munches can vary by size, and so on - so it might be worth looking at how many are in your local area (or reasonable travel distance) to see if any look big or small and what might work best for you.

Posted
Just a thought but you've overcome your shyness to attend kink clubs - which to an extent is a bigger step than attending a social event such as a munch - so can you not perhaps use some of whatever it was that got you past your shyness to attend clubs to help you with attending social events?
Posted
Look around here at locals in your area to find kinkster friends. I’m not talking about a partner but genuine friends who you can get to know. I’m not shy but would still be uncomfortable attending a munch alone. In fact I don’t believe I would. Make friends, take a friend, and enjoy.
Posted
Honestly, I've been looking into munches too and I find the timing to always be an issue but I think going sooner than later is better. There are online munches that I joined (even with this website which goes on at Thursdays 3pm EST)
Glasgowdom1991
Posted
I struggle to take it in to the real world because of the judgement and my own mental health
Posted
6 hours ago, Leisa said:
Look around here at locals in your area to find kinkster friends. I’m not talking about a partner but genuine friends who you can get to know. I’m not shy but would still be uncomfortable attending a munch alone. In fact I don’t believe I would. Make friends, take a friend, and enjoy.

Lots of people do go alone, though. I would definitely go to a munch alone... Maybe not an event. But I wouldn't have gone a year ago. Being on Fet and engaging in the forum and the lobby has really built my confidence.

Posted
My advice would be attend munches and events as that is where I tend to meet most fellow people into the lifestyle.
Posted
Munches and events are best, once people find you to not be judgemental, they tend to open up a lot to the point it's easy to make a new friend if that's the goal.