Is this a good place to find someone?

Posted
24 minutes ago, Cassie34 said:

BDSM.Com...Cannot go wrong..Cassie..Be quick before this is removed..

I'm glad you found success there, personally I found that site just a scam hotbed...and the majority of members vanilla, just after a one night stand so they could tick kinky sex off their bucket list ..another one with the same (BDSM.com) name is a link to Alt.com in fact if you create an Alt profile your also on most of their *** sites, whether you sign up to them or not.

Posted

oh gosh, is alt still a thing?

I was on there when I was a bit younger.  Yeah. Nightmare.

Posted
29 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

a question though is quality over quantity.

if the 8 messages are all potentially great then that is a difference.

If however they are a bunch of guys typing one handed, copy paste messages, bots, or people trying to lure you to a premium chat - then it's better to have no messages.

29 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

a question though is quality over quantity.

if the 8 messages are all potentially great then that is a difference.

If however they are a bunch of guys typing one handed, copy paste messages, bots, or people trying to lure you to a premium chat - then it's better to have no messages.

Well...All the messages I received are from local females...no lures to premium chat lines..have met over 8 women locally..so much in common...and a few were former members of this website...but gave up being members.!..Cassie

Posted

it is all very subjective as to what ones opinion is and what one expects to find from being a member of any particular website...what works for one individual...will not necessarily guarantee that if one joins the same website it will work for them as well.!..But no one has answered my question...is it me..or what am I doing wrong...Cassie

Posted
24 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

oh gosh, is alt still a thing?

I was on there when I was a bit younger.  Yeah. Nightmare.

I spent 15 years there off an on..finally giving up on it in January this year.

For me it was the blogs and my online friendships that kept me there, a couple of the group's too, and I met two long term subs there too, so maybe a weird loyalty thing...but now it's main focus seems to be on adult movies, and webcam Queens etc etc it's not a BDSM dating and information site anymore..if indeed it ever really was, it's just emptying pockets now..well, in my opinion anyway.

(Climbs off soapbox and stops ranting!)

Posted

yeah, it's true experiences can differ wildly.  Good luck.

I honestly couldn't pin where you're going wrong - other than I know that even the seeming best of people can struggle to find matches sometimes.

Posted

yeah when I was on alt it was something like the free version was massively restrictive and a lot opened up if you paid - but - there were all sorts of lures to get you to pay ("someone is interested in you" etc) I did swap a few messages with people - probably a shame some of these are gone, there was some really hot watersports story exchanges - but... I dunno.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Cassie34 said:

it is all very subjective as to what ones opinion is and what one expects to find from being a member of any particular website...what works for one individual...will not necessarily guarantee that if one joins the same website it will work for them as well.!..

Absolutely, E/everyone's experiences and expectations are different, and what works for one won't for another. 

13 minutes ago, Cassie34 said:

But no one has answered my question...is it me..or what am I doing wrong...Cassie

What was the question, I've 're read the thread and can't see it? Apart from the setting one which @VictoriaBlisse has already answered for you.

Posted
8 minutes ago, MsJax said:

For me it was the blogs and my online friendships that kept me there, a couple of the group's too, and I met two long term subs there too, so maybe a weird loyalty thing...but now it's main focus seems to be on adult movies, and webcam Queens etc etc it's not a BDSM dating and information site anymore..if indeed it ever really was, it's just emptying pockets now..well, in my opinion anyway.

(Climbs off soapbox and stops ranting!)..Just wait...I hope my post about scamming  websites will be allowed...it is an eye opener...99% of all the contact websites are owned by a billionaire based in America who admitted in an interview with Bloomberg .that he preyed on the sexually inadequate , the weak..it was cut  from the shown interview under the threat of legal action..as soon as one website is taken down..another takes it place...photos are computer generated..still working on finishing the post!..Emptying our pockets is a great way to describe what I will talk about..!..in my hopefully allowed post..!

Posted

My question is really very straightforward...is there something wrong about me..the way I come across that I have not received a single message..I have had so many visitors..likes....photos rated...and yet not one received message.!...is it my settings that no one can advise me on....or is it me..that no one has sent me a personal message...Cassie...Still very lonely ...but...?

Posted

You do not...but I totally agree.!!...casie

Posted
20 minutes ago, Cassie34 said:

My question is really very straightforward...is there something wrong about me..the way I come across that I have not received a single message..I have had so many visitors..likes....photos rated...and yet not one received message.!...is it my settings that no one can advise me on....or is it me..that no one has sent me a personal message...Cassie...Still very lonely ...but...?

I can offer my thoughts, but they are only that, and as I'm not your "target audience" they may have little if any relevance.

Your profile is as true to you and who you are as your forum posts are..I know you won't be offended when I say that, I mean it as a compliment, I like continuity lol, but, the information most would look for is scattered amongst a lot of words, I'm of the "read the profile don't just look at a couple pictures and see what you want to see" brigade, so I know how frustrating it is when people don't bother..however...it might be an idea to put a shorter...synopsis for want of a better word, at the start of the profile, the really pertinent bits that catch someone's eye, and draw them in to read the rest, or to make contact with you and discover the rest..also, if I may say, there's a couple of seeming contradictions, looking for guys for kinky friendships but say how you get on much better with women for example, that might put a guy off responding..but overall I think you're just not getting the interest you'd like for the same reason a lot of us, myself incuded aren't, it's a big pond to swim around in looking for just the right catch.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Posted

Yeah..I can be quite confusing in how I can across...will take your advice and look at my profile  etc.again...thanks.