Metric Vs imperial

Sir-Mark-NL

Posted
I understand fetish.com is a US based site/app.

BUT...! The vast majority of the world population, uses the metric system as standard, for size, length, distance, weight, temperature, etc.

So please cater in our needs too. It really doesn't have to be that difficult, to use both systems on the site/app.
Posted

Hi, we're European based.

Everything should be defaulted to metric - cm, kg, km, etc.  

Posted
37 minutes ago, FETMOD-KF said:

Hi, we're European based.

Everything should be defaulted to metric - cm, kg, km, etc.  

Apologies. I just assumed get was US based, because my profile and the ones I visit, show everything in imperial and since I can't find how and where to change it, hence this topic.

Posted
Heights are in cm = metric
Weight is in kg = metric
Distance is in km = metric

Where's the imperial sizing?
Posted
21 minutes ago, BDSMkinkydom said:
Heights are in cm = metric
Weight is in kg = metric
Distance is in km = metric

Where's the imperial sizing?

I know they are and that's what I grew up with.
On the app, I'm getting everything in imperial. It's ***y annoying, to have to convert, pounds to kilogrammes, miles to kilometres and inches, feet to centimetres end meters.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sir-Mark-NL said:

I know they are and that's what I grew up with.
On the app, I'm getting everything in imperial. It's ***y annoying, to have to convert, pounds to kilogrammes, miles to kilometres and inches, feet to centimetres end meters.

I use browser for the site, everything is in metric

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ninepointer said:

I'm in the US, working in Aerospace, and I'm cofortable with either, but tired of having to own two sets of tools - Dear God yes, let's go Metric....

One down 300+ million to go😁

Edited by Sir-Mark-NL
Posted
5 hours ago, BDSMkinkydom said:

I use browser for the site, everything is in metric

I just checked it on several browsers and they're all metric for me too. It appears to go imperial on the app.

Posted
Have your country create its own app.
Posted

I've passed the comments on as the discrepancy between web and app may well be a bug.  Or, it'd be nice for folk to be able to set a preference.

yourregularescape
Posted
Out of interest, the US is a signatory to the metric system and holds several of the original verification units. The population just chose to live in the past, much like the UK stuck in a half way house, excited to mark pint glasses again 🤦‍♀️
Posted
18 hours ago, NautiFun68 said:
Have your country create its own app.

There already is a Dutch lifestyle app. You're with the minority yourself, desperately clinging on, to the inaccurate imperial system.

Posted
1 hour ago, yourregularescape said:
Out of interest, the US is a signatory to the metric system and holds several of the original verification units. The population just chose to live in the past, much like the UK stuck in a half way house, excited to mark pint glasses again 🤦‍♀️

That's what Brexit gotten you till now? I'm not afraid about it, but the worse is yet to come. I really feel sorry for you guys.

Posted
People can’t keep from being negative and complaining. It’s all about you though right. If you don’t like it, you aren’t ***d to stay, delete your account and never worry about your Inability to convert, instead the worlds largest economy should instead make you happy and spend trillions to do so. Yes. Makes sense. Keep birching, it shows you’re narcissistic side.
Posted

OK. Guys.  So - this isn't really the place for bickering.

That the website is in metric and app is imperial does seem an oversight so I've raised something with support to see if we can get it so people can set to their preference.